FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 02-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #1976
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveisreal View Post
Come on he had some valid complaints regarding the communication here. I experienced this as well. It is not possible to have an objective discussion between adults here. If there is the slightest sceptical opinion articulated by someone the bashing starts. And immediately you are accepting abuse of women etc.
That's not how adults should talk right?
Even if your opinion is different and even if the other opinion doesn't make sense to you, you can articulate that and start a discussion about it but stop degrading people because of their opinion. Isn't it anyway the whole point of a place like this to exchange opinions? And discuss stuff? In the best case people will think about what you said and reconsider their opinion. But they will not do that if they are called a dickhead.
You're right, the whole point of coming here is to exchange our opinions. And then, when you are of the opinion that Ryan Adams is in the wrong and that he's not a good person, Lizard King basically tells us we should leave the board. That's cool though, right? Telling people they should leave just because he/she did it nicely?
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #1977
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Nah. It wasn't a good faith argument, and the point wasn't even relevant to my original post. He called me a snowflake and now a sexist, so I'm recognizing his attempts at being a dense troll for attention and addressing him accordingly. The victim complex doesn't work here. I've been respectfully discussing things with anyone who I believe is coming from a place of good intentions.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #1978
The Lizard King

The Lizard King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Come on he had some valid complaints regarding the communication here. I experienced this as well. It is not possible to have an objective discussion between adults here. If there is the slightest sceptical opinion articulated by someone the bashing starts. And immediately you are accepting abuse of women etc.
That's not how adults should talk right?
Even if your opinion is different and even if the other opinion doesn't make sense to you, you can articulate that and start a discussion about it but stop degrading people because of their opinion. Isn't it anyway the whole point of a place like this to exchange opinions? And discuss stuff? In the best case people will think about what you said and reconsider their opinion. But they will not do that if they are called a dickhead.
Well said.

It's almost as if choosing to hold back on making any rash decisions or assumptions equates to condoning the mistreatment of women.
The Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #1979
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I do think Lizard King is getting off on poking the bear, but responses could go higher instead of lower.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:34 AM   #1980
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
That Ronaldbenlin account has been active since December and has posted multiple selfies of some weird dude, so I really doubt it's Ryan. Just a different ill person.
Ah but an experienced troll keeps troll accounts at the ready. lol
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #1981
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
Well said.

It's almost as if choosing to hold back on making any rash decisions or assumptions equates to condoning the mistreatment of women.
I feel like theres enough information to make a well informed decision. I'm not sure what more information people need.

But a week out. The lines have been drawn, I don't think anyone is gonna move from their decision to still support him/not support him. So I'm guessing this thread is now moot.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #1982
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I do think Lizard King is getting off on poking the bear, but responses could go higher instead of lower.
I don't see a point in trying to be diplomatic to someone who isn't going to reciprocate. Serves no purpose, so I'm fine giving him what he wants.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #1983
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I don't think anything productive is gonna happen in this thread anytime soon. Maybe its best to lock it for a few days?
But how will I pass time at work??
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #1984
The Lizard King

The Lizard King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nah. It wasn't a good faith argument, and the point wasn't even relevant to my original post. He called me a snowflake and now a sexist, so I'm recognizing his attempts at being a dense troll for attention and addressing him accordingly. The victim complex doesn't work here. I've been respectfully discussing things with anyone who I believe is coming from a place of good intentions.

As most people are aware the definition of a snowflake online is one who is overly sensitive. Based on your recent comments you fall right into that category.

Can you justify me being labelled dense, or being told that I have fucked up ethics? What about being called a crappy human because I choose to disagree with people?

Lucky for me I have a thicker skin than you.
The Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #1985
Tim Simmons

Fair, personally I'd just "walk away" or just not engage.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #1986
folkjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
Ah but an experienced troll keeps troll accounts at the ready. lol
I wouldn't discount that but it doesn't explain where he keeps getting pictures of this person. I'm sure he has multiple burner accounts, I just don't think that's one of them.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #1987
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
But how will I pass time at work??
Lots of other threads here to catch up on.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #1988
folkjam

Quote:
As most people are aware the definition of a snowflake online is one who is overly sensitive. Based on your recent comments you fall right into that category.

Can you justify me being labelled dense, or being told that I have fucked up ethics? What about being called a crappy human because I choose to disagree with people?

You don't bother me in the slightest. I love that you think "dense troll" is me being upset. I see what you're doing and I'm calling you on it. No more complicated than that.

I've already explained why you're being dense, and you chose to ignore it in favor of trying to lock in on the "did he have a gun to her head" argument. I didn't say you have fucked up ethics or that you're a crappy human, so I don't feel the need to defend that. I think you're clearly being a troll for attention, and I'll focus on that. I'm sure you're a swell person in real life.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #1989
loveisreal

loveisreal can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
You're right, the whole point of coming here is to exchange our opinions. And then, when you are of the opinion that Ryan Adams is in the wrong and that he's not a good person, Lizard King basically tells us we should leave the board. That's cool though, right? Telling people they should leave just because he/she did it nicely?
What i said was general and not pointed to specific people. If he insulted you it's meant for him as well. I was just responding to what he said in the one post and there was no insult included. He just asked why you are still here and not told you to leave.
loveisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #1990
FavoriteEver

Quote:

Not really, if you're asking for justification for those things.

Also, a snowflake is a crystallized water droplet. I refuse to allow that word to be hijacked.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #1991
Hooper

Hooper will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's amazing really. A musicians wife sings backing vocals on his song and you all make the bizarre assumption that she must have been forced or coerced into it in some way.

Seems a bit sexist to me.
What was that about virtue-signalling?

You're being obtuse, and you know it. You are enjoying it, enjoying the idea of 'ruffling feathers' like a 13 year old at sunday school who has just heard his first Bill Hicks routine.

Asking your spouse, whom you have repeatedly told is not a 'real musician', mind, to sing backing vocals on a song that has the lines 'Am I safe if I don't wanna be with you?' and 'I just don't love you anymore', all the while you've been grooming an underage bassist - that is abusive behaviour. It's mean, seedy, vindictive, and marks Adams out as horribly cruel.

If you have to dismiss the issue by getting snarky about her not having a gun to her head, then your ethics are fucked up. I doubt you're that dense - I doubt anyone is that fucking dense - so the other option seems to be trolling.

Try growing up, and taking things seriously. I'll be generous and assume you're still in denial over this, rather than you don't give a damn about other people.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #1992
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

Again I ask:

WHAT.

ABOUT.

JAMIE.

CANDILORO?
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #1993
FavoriteEver

Quote:
What i said was general and not pointed to specific people. If he insulted you it's meant for him as well. I was just responding to what he said in the one post and there was no insult included. He just asked why you are still here and not told you to leave.
Like I have to justify why I am still here to him. Please. The guy is purposely trying to ruffle feathers. This is the internet. Everyone knows what comes at them when they do that.

Also, it wasn't insulting. It's more like "who the hell are you to ask me why I am still here".
Old 02-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #1994
folkjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
You're being obtuse, and you know it. You are enjoying it, enjoying the idea of 'ruffling feathers' like a 13 year old at sunday school who has just heard his first Bill Hicks routine.
If you made this reference without seeing me make a similar Bill Hicks joke about 75 pages back, that is fantastic.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #1995
FavoriteEver

Quote:
You don't bother me in the slightest. I love that you think "dense troll" is me being upset. I see what you're doing and I'm calling you on it. No more complicated than that.

I've already explained why you're being dense, and you chose to ignore it in favor of trying to lock in on the "did he have a gun to her head" argument. I didn't say you have fucked up ethics or that you're a crappy human, so I don't feel the need to defend that. I think you're clearly being a troll for attention, and I'll focus on that. I'm sure you're a swell person in real life.
My post history says I said the crappy human part, but I personally don't recall it.

I think we should really wait for more evidence to make judgments on me for that.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #1996
loveisreal

loveisreal can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
Like I have to justify why I am still here to him. Please. The guy is purposely trying to ruffle feathers. This is the internet. Everyone knows what comes at them when they do that.
No you don't have to so just don't. But if you insult him doesn't make you any better. There were loads of discussions here going on regarding you can't justify one bad action with another bad action which is totally true and we should not answer bad behaviour with bad behaviour.
loveisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #1997
FavoriteEver

Quote:
No you don't have to so just don't. But if you insult him doesn't make you any better. There were loads of discussions here going on regarding you can't justify one bad action with another bad action which is totally true and we should not answer bad behaviour with bad behaviour.
I guess it's just super hard to be civil to anyone who seems to have zero sense of empathy.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #1998
Bart

Bart will become famous soon enough

https://twitter.com/ajoeltaylor/stat...66606166683648
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #1999
folkjam

loveisreal and Tim make fair points, so I'm gonna back off. I'd rather keep this open for anything new that comes.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #2000
FavoriteEver

Quote:
loveisreal and Tim make fair points, so I'm gonna back off. I'd rather keep this open for anything new that comes.
Same. I am just going to ignore Lizard King going forward. I would like to see this page updated in case any new news breaks.
Sponsored Links