TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Tim McGraw won't put up with abuse at concerts

Old 08-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all
Tim McGraw won't put up with abuse at concerts

The title caught my attention.

Quote:
By CAITLIN KING, Associated Press Writer Fri Aug 28, 2:21 pm ET

WASHINGTON Tim McGraw isn't looking for trouble at his concerts, but there are certain things he just won't ignore.

"It's all about enjoying yourself and not messing with other people's fun," the country singer said in a recent interview. "And certainly I don't think you should be abusive to women. I think that's No. 1 right there."

McGraw, 42, has thrown out disruptive fans from at least two of his concerts in the past year and a half, most recently in July. Video of the incidents taken by fans went viral on the Internet.

At one concert, McGraw stops in the middle of singing "Indian Outlaw," calls for security and pulls a guy on stage by his shirt so that guards can haul him away.

"Look, I'm the one with the microphone, so if there's something that needs to be done, and I'm the one who can see it because of where I'm at, then I'm probably the only person who can ask somebody to do something about it, because other people may not be able to see it, security especially," said McGraw.

His protectiveness may come from being a father of three girls, or maybe just from the way he was raised. McGraw's new cologne, "Southern Blend," is marketed to "the true Southern gentleman." He says that means the scent is "respectful."

"I mean it's not offensive. It's not in your face. It's not super strong," McGraw said. "It has just the right weight to it. And I think that's what a Southern gentleman has. He just does the right thing."

McGraw made sure his wife, Faith Hill, and three daughters liked the cologne: "It's gotta be approved by the women in my life before anything can work out for me. So they definitely have the final word."

In addition to the cologne, McGraw is costarring with Sandra Bullock in the upcoming film, "The Blind Side," this fall, and he is coming out with a new album, "Southern Voice," out in October.

He credits his wife for helping him balance all his projects: "She kept me on task."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090828/...ple_tim_mcgraw
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tim McGraw won't put up with abuse at concerts

i wonder does he get pissed if RA fans heckle him during "stars go blue?". i certainly would!
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
i wonder does he get pissed if RA fans heckle him during "stars go blue?". i certainly would!
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

see, this is what annoys me about people on RAA saying that TBY people are not ryan fans and that we're mean and the anti-fan. i would fight tooth and nail for ry-ry's honour at a tim mcgraw concert - with or without whiskey! (even though RA obviously allowed tim the rights to cover it, but that's not the issue, haha)
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what respect smells like?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #6
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

Like victory, but not as strong.
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
Marty

Marty has a spectacular aura aboutMarty has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What would RA fans be doing at a Tim McGraw concert?
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
fangirl??
a fine line

fangirl?? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
What would RA fans be doing at a Tim McGraw concert?
puking our guts out.. I would have to be really reaaaallly drunk and full of methadone to wind up at a McGraw concert. I would be heckling for Stars go Blue and screaming, "sing it right you fat inbred bastard!"

It would not be pretty but it kinda sounds like fun.
fangirl?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
timmyhoover
Electric Dirt Farmer

timmyhoover will become famous soon enough

Quote:
see, this is what annoys me about people on RAA saying that TBY people are not ryan fans and that we're mean and the anti-fan. i would fight tooth and nail for ry-ry's honour at a tim mcgraw concert - with or without whiskey! (even though RA obviously allowed tim the rights to cover it, but that's not the issue, haha)

I doubt he called Ryan and asked for permission

You can cover whatever you want at a concert without permission as long as the venue pays some sort of royalty fee to some agency. the money doesn't go to the artist that was covered though. Same goes for a bar with a jukebox.
timmyhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyhoover View Post
I doubt he called Ryan and asked for permission

You can cover whatever you want at a concert without permission as long as the venue pays some sort of royalty fee to some agency. the money doesn't go to the artist that was covered though. Same goes for a bar with a jukebox.
He would have needed permission for the studio version though.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links