TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Movie Recommendations

Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #201
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movie Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I saw The Prestige last night and I think it's the best film (new or otherwise) I've seen this year. Brilliant cast and the script is not like anything you've seen before. I think its even better than Memento.
My girlfriend and I saw The Prestige the weekend it came out and we both really enjoyed it. She really didn't enjoy our discussion about it afterwards though, because I couldn't remember Jackman and Bale's names during the discussion. I just kept referring to them as Wolverine and Patrick Bateman. Wolverine vs. Bateman would have been a good matchup anyway!
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #202
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
My girlfriend and I saw The Prestige the weekend it came out and we both really enjoyed it. She really didn't enjoy our discussion about it afterwards though, because I couldn't remember Jackman and Bale's names during the discussion. I just kept referring to them as Wolverine and Patrick Bateman. Wolverine vs. Bateman would have been a good matchup anyway!
My money would be on Bateman I think.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #203
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Wolverine vs American Psycho!

I saw The Prestige on Friday night and thought it was fantastic. All those twists.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #204
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
Wolverine vs American Psycho!

I saw The Prestige on Friday night and thought it was fantastic. All those twists.
I got the final big twist a couple of minutes before the end and I go so excited about it. Pathetic really.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #205
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all

Quote:
I got the final big twist a couple of minutes before the end and I go so excited about it. Pathetic really.
A friend accidentally spoiled the ending for me a few days ago......
sicottem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #206
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicottem View Post
A friend accidentally spoiled the ending for me a few days ago......
I hate when people do that. I'd still go and see it though, there are heaps of twists through the whole film.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #207
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all

Quote:
I hate when people do that. I'd still go and see it though, there are heaps of twists through the whole film.
Yea, im still planning on seeing it. But now, everytime he starts talking about a movie i havent seen, i cover my ears.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #208
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough

I just saw "The Proposition" a western starring Guy Pearce. It's set in the Australian outback during the colonial period. I really enjoyed this movie. The conflict between the white and aboriginal populations as well as the landscape play a very important role in the film. I highly recommend it if you enjoy western films.
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #209
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappss1 View Post
I just saw "The Proposition" a western starring Guy Pearce. It's set in the Australian outback during the colonial period. I really enjoyed this movie. The conflict between the white and aboriginal populations as well as the landscape play a very important role in the film. I highly recommend it if you enjoy western films.
ive been wanting to see that. It got really strong reviews pretty much everywhere.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #210
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

I haven't seen it yet, but I thought it was interesting that Nick Cave wrote the script.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #211
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought it was interesting that Nick Cave wrote the script.
Yeah, the script is really good. Some of the dialouge is amazing.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #212
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Just rented World Trade Center. Very moving picture once you get past Cage's bad accent.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #213
risa
Top Poster!!

risa is a name known to allrisa is a name known to allrisa is a name known to allrisa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappss1 View Post
Just rented World Trade Center. Very moving picture once you get past Cage's bad accent.
i wan't to see this, it's in my queue.
risa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #214
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risa View Post
i wan't to see this, it's in my queue.
Better have some tissues ready!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #215
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

I'm about to go see Volver, heard its excellent...
Old 12-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #216
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

sub donkey films
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #217
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

http://100yearsoftrash.blogspot.com/...key-films.html
Old 12-27-2006, 04:47 AM   #218
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

I re-watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? yesterday.
An oldie, but a goodie. Gillian Welch even appears in a cameo role.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #219
CarolinaRain
Note to self: don't die

CarolinaRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
I re-watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? yesterday.
An oldie, but a goodie. Gillian Welch even appears in a cameo role.
What role? I must have missed her, then, the last time I watched it.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #220
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaRain View Post
What role? I must have missed her, then, the last time I watched it.
She was the woman in the shop asking for the Soggy Bottom Boys record.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #221
thefed
PLEBISCITA

went out to see All Dolled Up tonight...it was disapointing, but still definately worth watching.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #222
la twinkle

la twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to all

Shop Girl. I really recommend it, Great story, characters, acting. Sure Steve Martin does get a little self indulgent in parts, but he does redeem himself. Its such a beautiful look into the mind, heart and life of a young woman, very raw and honest I thought, My hat goes off to him. (it was a short story by steve martin btw)
:imp
la twinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #223
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by la twinkle View Post
Shop Girl. I really recommend it, Great story, characters, acting. Sure Steve Martin does get a little self indulgent in parts, but he does redeem himself. Its such a beautiful look into the mind, heart and life of a young woman, very raw and honest I thought, My hat goes off to him. (it was a short story by steve martin btw)
:imp
I quite liked this as well. Although, it took me a while to get my head around the fairly unlikely nature of their relationship, especially given the big age difference.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #224
la twinkle

la twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to all

Quote:
I quite liked this as well. Although, it took me a while to get my head around the fairly unlikely nature of their relationship, especially given the big age difference.
That I found relatively easy. But, I do know couples with that kind of age gap in life.
Not my bag though, and his characters essentially a sugar daddy.
la twinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #225
thefed
PLEBISCITA

the book is great as well.
Sponsored Links