Movie Recommendations

Old 12-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #426
of_the_girl

of_the_girl has a spectacular aura about
Re: Movie Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiehope View Post
planning to see Sweeny Todd as soon as a theater nearby gets it in

What more could you ask for,.. a musical directed by Tim Burton that stars Johnny Depp, sounds good to me

I really wanna see Atonement! cant wait till that one come out
of_the_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #427
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by of_the_girl View Post
I really wanna see Atonement! cant wait till that one come out
Nor can I.
It looks like a Hemingway novel reads.
Misanthropes? War? Lust?
Sounds like a good time.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #428
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

It was a book first correct?
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #429
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I believe so.
I'm thinking about reading it before seeing the movie, but I like being immersed in the movie without comparing it to the book in my mind.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #430
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

Probably a good idea. The books are always better anyway.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #431
ewok.online
CATHERINE

This is usually true.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #432
of_the_girl

of_the_girl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I believe so.
I'm thinking about reading it before seeing the movie, but I like being immersed in the movie without comparing it to the book in my mind.
yeah I was gonna read it before I saw it, but I don't think I will now. Just read now that its leading the Golden Globes nominations, so it sounds promising
of_the_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #433
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

The book is good and well worth reading if you enjoy the movie.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #434
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like an new Spinal Tap style mockumentary is coming out or is out already. It's called Electric Apricot, and it's about a jam band:

hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #435
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiehope View Post
but planning to see Sweeny Todd as soon as a theater nearby gets it in
Me too! I've been waiting for this one for awhile now, I'm excited. My family is coming to me for Christmas this year. On Friday Lee & I are taking my sister & brother in law to this really nice theater to go see it. I'll be super pissed if for some reason they don't get it.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #436
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

I saw Sweeny Todd last week - I loved it.

I just got back from Juno, and it was also fantastic, hilarious.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #437
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

I watched Atonement the other day. I enjoyed it - James McEvoy and that little girl were fantastic, but there's something about Keira Knightley in general that irks me.

Has anyone read the book? I haven't yet but I'm thinking about it b/c I usually find the book better than the film.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #438
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
I watched Atonement the other day. I enjoyed it - James McEvoy and that little girl were fantastic, but there's something about Keira Knightley in general that irks me.

Has anyone read the book? I haven't yet but I'm thinking about it b/c I usually find the book better than the film.
I have. I enjoyed it although I found the ending descended into soap opera a little. But if you liked the storyline of the movie, I think you'd like the book. It's very well written.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #439
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Thanks, C. I'll add it to my list of books to read.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #440
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but there's something about Keira Knightley in general that irks me.
I don't like her either -- maybe it's her frying pan face.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #441
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I don't like her either -- maybe it's her frying pan face.

She has a strange tendency of jutting out her chin.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #442
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:

She has a strange tendency of jutting out her chin.
I hate the chin thing. I think that's what annoys me the most, apart from the general annoying nature of her. Her twin brother cracks me up though.

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 AM   #443
jumpshipmusic

jumpshipmusic is a jewel in the roughjumpshipmusic is a jewel in the rough

I saw There Will Be Blood. I enjoyed it though not as much as my friend did. It was almost 3 hours long.

I really want to see The Kite Runner. I read the book---very good.

I also want to see Juno

http://www.john-mcmanus.com
http://www.facebook.com/johnmcmanusmusic
http://www.twitter.com/johnhmcmanus

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
---Rob Gordon, High Fidelity
jumpshipmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #444
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I hate the chin thing. I think that's what annoys me the most, apart from the general annoying nature of her. Her twin brother cracks me up though.

That's quite a resemblance there
Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #445
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

She looked better back when she used to eat food though.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #446
Starlite
Yay.

She claims that she's not anorexic, but she looked painfully thin in Atonement.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #447
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

They all claim they are not anorexic. If I read one more story about how some actress "just has a fast metabolism" I'll scream.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #448
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Or when they claim "exaustion"?
In the real world, that's called "strung out on coke".
Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #449
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
They all claim they are not anorexic. If I read one more story about how some actress "just has a fast metabolism" I'll scream.
I think all those trips to the bathroom add up to enough exercise to rev up the metabolism...
Old 01-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #450
jumpshipmusic

jumpshipmusic is a jewel in the roughjumpshipmusic is a jewel in the rough

It's not a movie but you might want to check out the Wilco documentary called 'I Am Trying to Break Your Heart'.

It's about the 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot' era.

I don't want to go into the details because that would ruin your viewing experience.

But it is probably my favorite DVD about music. Apologies to all you Spinal Tap fans.

http://www.john-mcmanus.com
http://www.facebook.com/johnmcmanusmusic
http://www.twitter.com/johnhmcmanus

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
---Rob Gordon, High Fidelity
jumpshipmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links