TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Game of Thrones

Old 04-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #101
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Game of Thrones

Jack:

Sigur Rós Will Cover "The Rains of Castamere" for "Game of Thrones" Soundtrack

http://pitchfork.com/news/54643-sigu...es-soundtrack/
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #102
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Jack:

Sigur Rós Will Cover "The Rains of Castamere" for "Game of Thrones" Soundtrack

http://pitchfork.com/news/54643-sigu...es-soundtrack/

You watching the show on Sunday?
Old 04-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #103
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Great season premier.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #104
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

I'm looking forward to the dragons causing trouble and rebelling against their mother.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #105
JackStark211

Should be a great season.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #106
JackStark211

What a wonderful episode.

Spoiler:
That fuck Joffrey is finally dead
Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #107
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Kinda sad that Jack Gleeson is retiring from acting at the age of 21. He did such an incredible job convincingly playing a prick.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #108
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
Kinda sad that Jack Gleeson is retiring from acting at the age of 21. He did such an incredible job convincingly playing a prick.

Do you think he will stay in retirement? Also, could you picture him playing anything but a villain? It would be interesting to see what he can do.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #109
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Do you think he will stay in retirement? Also, could you picture him playing anything but a villain? It would be interesting to see what he can do.
I can't see him staying in retirement, but I think it's a very smart move to at least take a hiatus for now. Everyone everywhere will associate that face with King Joffrey for all time, but if he takes some time out to do whatever it is he wants to do, I'm thinking somewhere down the line he'll find a script or a role that's substantial and challenging enough to reignite his interest in acting.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #110
JackStark211

Man, the internet is abuzz with discussions over Jamie & Cersei's sex scene. I think taken in context to the relationship they both shared, and how things have changed so much the scene makes sense. Why the outrage over this is beyond me. The show has already depicted rape, torture... Heck, what brutality haven't they featured?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #111
JackStark211

BTW, this is a great article about that scene and the pointless cry babies on the internet.

http://www.awardsdaily.com/tv/the-po...es-rape-scene/
Old 04-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #112
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

I generally can't handle any type of rape scene in film or television. I haven't read that article, but my beef with that scene is that writing it just felt a bit superfluous. It messed with the pace of things, I don't know that it was really necessary to drive plot or character development.

I understand that Jamie is emasculated after losing a hand and now his lover. He couldn't handle her rejection and he'd had enough. It just felt awkward and clunky, the way he took advantage of her weakest moment. It happened and then it was never visited again throughout the episode. It was just like, "Well, that happened."

And that scene with Littlefinger and Sansa...was it me or did it feel like he was overacting a bit? The whole ep felt a bit flat for me in the end.

Last edited by ishellmay; 04-23-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #113
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

I can't offer an opinion as I don't watch the show or read the books, I just hear about it from Lee and general pop culture. But, apparently George Martin is saying they changed the meaning/what he intended to be happening it was never meant to be rape.

http://m.celebdirtylaundry.com/2014/...ge-r-r-martin/
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #114
JackStark211

It was different. One thing the show messed up on is that in the books you kind of get that both of them had a habit of forcing sex upon the other at moments when it wasn't really consensual but one of them wanted it.

Also, many angry people think it was out of character for Jamie. The guy that pushed a kid from a window. Who strangled his own cousin. Who has murdered many. So out of character...
Old 04-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #115
JackStark211

Only 2 more days until the season 5 premiere.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:30 PM   #116
JackStark211

What an episode. Who else is watching?

Anyone do HBO NOW?
Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #117
Potion09

Potion09 has a spectacular aura aboutPotion09 has a spectacular aura about

I'm using HBO Now. It's working like a charm so far.

Definitely seems like some big stuff is coming down the pipeline after episodes 1 and 2.
Potion09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 PM   #118
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Spoiler:
Very much looking forward to seeing how Sansa's arc unfolds this season. It's her turn to throw down.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #119
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potion09 View Post
I'm using HBO Now. It's working like a charm so far.

Definitely seems like some big stuff is coming down the pipeline after episodes 1 and 2.

Awesome. We are really thinking about dropping cable and going full stream with Netflix, Amazon and HBO NOW.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #120
JackStark211

Me after last nights episode:

Old 05-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #121
JackStark211

What an intense episode.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #122
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

srsly
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #123
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I think its been a great season. Its slower and without big events, buts its all solid progression.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #124
JackStark211

I agree. I'm not even all that upset by most the changes they have made from the books. Guy I work with cries to me every Monday morning about how different things are. Like, does he not know this is an adaptation???

Spoiler:
Also all the internet uproar over that final scene. It was an arranged marraige in which couples consummate on the night of the wedding, and it was Ramsey. I actually thought they handled it very well. I was dreading that they would do it as it was written in the book, which was way worse.

I did feel sick after seeing that, which for me means that it was well executed television.

Last edited by JackStark211; 05-18-2015 at 01:42 PM..
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #125
Tim Simmons

Yeah book readers need to chill the fuck out. When the books are done maybe someone can do a faithful yet probably unwatchable adaptation. Until then enjoy them separately or choose one. Can't have it both ways.
Sponsored Links