TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:34 AM   #326
danger8504

danger8504 is infamous around these parts
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv:The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
Yep, divide us between the right vs left and they can control us 50/50. Once we wake up to this rise of the global billionaire oligarchy it'll suddenly be 99.99% vs 0.01%

They definitely don't want that and that's why you're seeing these billionaires buying up and controlling these mainstream news media outlets
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
100%
danger8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:35 AM   #327
danger8504

So do you think Big Colors will still drop? Don't think the other two will now and was hoping the 3rd record was Ry Ry with Wolf Bro's : (
Old 02-14-2019, 07:37 AM   #328
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Did those 2 girls that did the podcast tweet anything after the NYTimes article dropped?
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:38 AM   #329
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger8504 View Post
So do you think Big Colors will still drop? Don't think the other two will now and was hoping the 3rd record was Ry Ry with Wolf Bro's : (
Yeah I'm sure it's already well into production and plenty of records have already been pre-sold. As for the other 2 albums, I can't say either way for certain.

TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #330
TimbrH2001

If this prevents Blackhole from ever coming out, that'll make me sad...

Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #331
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
also the f*ck is busy phillips?
Where does Busy Philips fit into this? Somehow I must have missed it.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #332
folkjam

folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Did those 2 girls that did the podcast tweet anything after the NYTimes article dropped?
https://twitter.com/KateQFunny/statu...51237176733697
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #333
TimbrH2001

Ryan will still have fans and supporters after all of this dies down, the size of that fanbase however is clearly TBD at this point.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #334
Shadowlands96

Shadowlands96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
I agree. I'm reserving my judgment until I see how it plays out.

However, we all know how he treats people, especially women he has dated. The LEAST he could have done on social media is sincerely apologize for that instead of being like "apologies for unintentional consequences of my behavior...but this is misrepresented and now how I remember it".
Yes, how about "I am sincerely sorry. I was cruel, manipulative, selfish, and hurtful."
Shadowlands96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #335
danger8504

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
If this prevents Blackhole from ever coming out, that'll make me sad...

AGREED
Old 02-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #336
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
Where does Busy Philips fit into this? Somehow I must have missed it.
She tweeted how disappointed she is and that she has deleted all his music from her music library. She was mentioned in a different article, and that's literally it.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #337
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I agree. I'm reserving my judgment until I see how it plays out.

However, we all know how he treats people, especially women he has dated. The LEAST he could have done on social media is sincerely apologize for that instead of being like "apologies for unintentional consequences of my behavior...but this is misrepresented and now how I remember it".
it’s weird though. like...i don’t need ryan to apologize to ME for how he has treated women through the years. like, i’m not involved here. maybe send apologies to those he has hurt, but why/how am i involved at all here? he don’t owe ME shit.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 AM   #338
FavoriteEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands96 View Post
Yes, how about "I am sincerely sorry. I was cruel, manipulative, selfish, and hurtful."
Yeah, until he does that (which he probably never will), the whole thing is incredibly disappointing. It just really highlights his narcissism and what a mental defect it truly is.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #339
TimbrH2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
itís weird though. like...i donít need ryan to apologize to ME for how he has treated women through the years. like, iím not involved here. maybe send apologies to those he has hurt, but why/how am i involved at all here? he donít owe ME shit.
He owes me 2 versions of the Big 'COLORS' LP that I paid for

Old 02-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #340
FavoriteEver

Quote:
it’s weird though. like...i don’t need ryan to apologize to ME for how he has treated women through the years. like, i’m not involved here. maybe send apologies to those he has hurt, but why/how am i involved at all here? he don’t owe ME shit.
Right. I'm not saying he owes US an apology (sorry if it seems like that's what I was saying). But he could at least acknowledge what we all knew -- that he objectifies women and treats them like garbage and that he knows it's wrong. I don't personally expect an apology obviously, but at the same time, it'd be nice to see one of my favorite musicians give a sincere apology so that I can at least try to tell myself he's NOT actually an unfeeling and unremorseful pile of human garbage.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #341
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Do you think people being in an up cry about income inequality is going to do anything? The rich control society, they arent going to just cave because people are crying out about it.
Off topic, but they sure were scared when occupy started in America. Boy, did they stomp that out quick.

If we weren't such a ball-less country and didn't buy so pathetically into our brainwashing about a protestant work ethic that has been irrelevant for generations, we would not just be sitting around crying about things but taking substantive measures to engender results.

It's really ridiculous there haven't been widespread and sustained labor strikes related to income inequality yet, for instance.
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #342
thebambino

Quote:
Right. I'm not saying he owes US an apology (sorry if it seems like that's what I was saying). But he could at least acknowledge what we all knew -- that he objectifies women and treats them like garbage and that he knows it's wrong. I don't personally expect an apology obviously, but at the same time, it'd be nice to see one of my favorite musicians give a sincere apology so that I can at least try to tell myself he's NOT actually an unfeeling and unremorseful pile of human garbage.
no, i didn’t mean to come at you at all. sorry if it seemed like it. i was just reading your comment and i kinda took a step back and kinda thought...i’m not sure a have a dog in the fight here as a male fan. idk. i resigned to the fact that he’s a bad person years and years ago.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #343
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Oof, sounds like a second rate jeff tweedy/ wilco in that comment section. Hilarious
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #344
goldrush

goldrush is on a distinguished road

My iPad is basically my everyday music player, running all day every day in work. I've deleted all of Ryan's music off it tonight. It's still on my hard drive (and I'm not walking away completely until we know more) but I just can't stand to look at it right now.
As many others have already said, Ryan's songs were there for me in some dark times too but it will probably be a while before I'll want to listen to it again
goldrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #345
FavoriteEver

Quote:
no, i didnít mean to come at you at all. sorry if it seemed like it. i was just reading your comment and i kinda took a step back and kinda thought...iím not sure a have a dog in the fight here as a male fan. idk. i resigned to the fact that heís a bad person years and years ago.
I know what you mean. It's been a weird 12-ish hours for me as a female fan. On one hand, I feel like I should jump up and be like "wow what an abusive, disgusting person he is." On the other hand, 14 year old aside, I also think "well, he's never exactly hidden his treatment of others from us. I just wish he would sincerely own up to it, apologize to them and prove that he realizes that he treats women like shit". Although, if he's been doing it for the better part of 20 years, it's very unlikely to happen.

The 14 year old stuff is vile though, and if they release correspondence that proves without a doubt it went down the way the article insinuates it does, then that'd be a completely different story, and I don't even think a sincere apology would change my opinion of him at that point.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #346
thebambino

Quote:
I know what you mean. It's been a weird 12-ish hours for me as a female fan. On one hand, I feel like I should jump up and be like "wow what an abusive, disgusting person he is." On the other hand, 14 year old aside, I also think "well, he's never exactly hidden his treatment of others from us. I just wish he would sincerely own up to it, apologize to them and prove that he realizes that he treats women like shit". Although, if he's been doing it for the better part of 20 years, it's very unlikely to happen.

The 14 year old stuff is vile though, and if they release correspondence that proves without a doubt it went down the way the article insinuates it does, then that'd be a completely different story, and I don't even think a sincere apology would change my opinion of him at that point.
iím with you 100%, my wife is pretty grossed out rn. and i understand why. like, itís hard to picture us listening to his music together like we used to. and i doubt sheíll want to spend our money and time to go see him live ever again. so something definitely died with this. sad.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #347
WreckTangle

WreckTangle will become famous soon enough

I'm not going to delete his music at this point, but I'm also not going to listen to it, either.
"Everything you ever touched is undisturbed and hangs out, Like crime scene evidence undisturbed in dust, I don't dare touch anything because it's evidence of us, And it means everything, Well sort of..."
WreckTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 AM   #348
TimbrH2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldrush View Post
My iPad is basically my everyday music player, running all day every day in work. I've deleted all of Ryan's music off it tonight. It's still on my hard drive (and I'm not walking away completely until we know more) but I just can't stand to look at it right now.
As many others have already said, Ryan's songs were there for me in some dark times too but it will probably be a while before I'll want to listen to it again
Your hard drive is your dirty little secret, don't worry, your secret is safe with us

Old 02-14-2019, 08:08 AM   #349
WreckTangle

WreckTangle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
iím with you 100%, my wife is pretty grossed out rn. and i understand why. like, itís hard to picture us listening to his music together like we used to. and i doubt sheíll want to spend our money and time to go see him live ever again. so something definitely died with this. sad.
Yup. It's the same with my girlfriend. She was never a fan, but she was to an extent because I was. She saw the article before I did and I know she felt bad about pointing it out because she knew it would be a major bummer to read.
"Everything you ever touched is undisturbed and hangs out, Like crime scene evidence undisturbed in dust, I don't dare touch anything because it's evidence of us, And it means everything, Well sort of..."
WreckTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #350
TimbrH2001

I thirst for more Ryan Adams music. Hopefully he'll open up his entire vault to me and to me only as his last remaining fan. Don't worry Ryan, I won't share any of it with anyone else

Sponsored Links