Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Old 10-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #151
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 can only hope to improve
Re: Dissing Ryan Adams: An Emerging Songwriting Genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
I don't think it's laziness as far as work ethic, moreso from a creative standpoint. He always had a reputation for being hard to pin down, but he's settled into this 80's reverb heavy sound, and there are definitely some songs that I feel he could have pushed himself a little more.
this, i dont mean lazy that he isnt doing anything. I mean lazy that he's capable of so much more from a creative standpoint but has been settling on material that isnt up to his level.
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:05 AM   #152
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato has a spectacular aura aboutbaptizedpotato has a spectacular aura about

you could say his songwriting is pretty lazy. that's part of what makes him so 'prolific'. he can churn out song after song but sometimes i wish he had more of a Springsteen ethic when it comes to working on a song. that man is on the other side of the spectrum and could work on songs for years until he deemed em good enough.

i mean i doubt in the future we'll get a release of an album like Dylan's upcoming Bootleg Series, where you can track the progress of songs until the finished product. Ryan jams a little, plays around some, puts some lyrics to it and records it.
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #153
JohnnyT

JohnnyT is an unknown quantity at this point

So, he deleted all his social media accounts? I hope that dude finds peace.
JohnnyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #154
Loveishello86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
So, he deleted all his social media accounts? I hope that dude finds peace.
for now.....
Old 10-05-2018, 02:10 AM   #155
I dont care
I don't care even less

I dont care is just really niceI dont care is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbeburt View Post
Man, I gotta say - if there's one thing Ryan Adams isn't - it's lazy. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another person that produces as match as he does. Recording, Touring, Writing, Drawing/Painting, Traveling, even stuff like his Midnight Wave radio show. He's just always doing something.
Drawing and Painting? The guy's "work" is absolute trash and he has zero discernible talent. I'm sorry, but just because he can play and write music does not mean he can tackle all other creative endeavors well. In the same way that Bob Dylan and Tony Bennett's "art" blows. It's a slap in the face of people that actually do that for a living.
I dont care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:22 AM   #156
cs cat

cs cat is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'm in the minority but I've really liked his recent work and am hoping for a new album soon. Don't know if the flooding in NC is part of why he's off social media but best wishes to Ryan and his family located there.
cs cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #157
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I dont care View Post
Drawing and Painting? The guy's "work" is absolute trash and he has zero discernible talent. I'm sorry, but just because he can play and write music does not mean he can tackle all other creative endeavors well. In the same way that Bob Dylan and Tony Bennett's "art" blows. It's a slap in the face of people that actually do that for a living.
His art is the fucking worst. It's like I painted pictures with my dick but worse.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #158
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you paint pictures with your dick Jack?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #159
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoy his photography. Never cared much for his painting.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #160
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Why did you paint pictures with your dick Jack?
I had an exhibit.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #161
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I had an exhibit.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #162
andyo812

andyo812 is a jewel in the roughandyo812 is a jewel in the rough

he’s back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #163
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

I'm ok. I had a nervous breakdown. I got help and am working hard on being well. XO I'm sorry I worried you

@theryanadams
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #164
Tim Simmons

Gob job guy. Stay strong.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #165
andyo812

Insta bio now reads ‘Stay Weird, Stay Sober’

Twitter bio now reads ‘Stay Weird, Stay Alive’

I wonder if that suggests no more bud, or if maybe he drank / used coke again.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:44 PM   #166
Loveishello86

doctorryanadams is his new instagram?
Old 10-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #167
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
doctorryanadams is his new instagram?
Yep, and he's back to posting a bunch of clips. Sounds good.

Hope he's in a better place than it seems he was a few weeks ago.
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #168
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedLikeFreights View Post
Yep, and he's back to posting a bunch of clips. Sounds good.

Hope he's in a better place than it seems he was a few weeks ago.
They do sound good.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #169
andyo812

yeah that one track Dive sounded great.

made a post today about missing his best friend with a photo of his assumed Ex... lol.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #170
andyo812

also praised a Dawes record and then posted this today.

just log off, bud.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #171
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Mandy Moore is smokin hot i must say
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #172
folkjam

folkjam will become famous soon enough

Dude's talking about this nervous breakdown as if it's over. I'm not seeing much difference from a couple weeks ago.

That being said, I've seen a few articles about that response to Mandy's comments, and I don't get how he's being painted as a dick. There aren't too many people who would appreciate hearing that marrying them was a mistake. Mandy has built up such a great reputation that she gets credit for being classy even when she's being low key brutal.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #173
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dude's talking about this nervous breakdown as if it's over. I'm not seeing much difference from a couple weeks ago.

That being said, I've seen a few articles about that response to Mandy's comments, and I don't get how he's being painted as a dick. There aren't too many people who would appreciate hearing that marrying them was a mistake. Mandy has built up such a great reputation that she gets credit for being classy even when she's being low key brutal.
Exactly, the “classy” thing to do would be to decline talking about it. Or at least just say it didn’t work out and leave it at that. I don’t know a whole lot about her, but it seems like she always gets the benefit of the doubt. I’ve seen a few of these interviews pop up now where she seems to take no responsibility for the divorce whatsoever, takes a dig at him and then talks about how she doesn’t blame herself at all. Even if it was 100% him being a dick that caused it and she was a perfect angel...she still had to have an idea who he was before she married him. So some fault is on her for jumping into it with the “wrong person”.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #174
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to all

Quote:

i'm gonna side w/ mandy on this one. given the fact ryan's history and his narcissistic ways...no one is painting him as a dick...ryan does all the painting himself and sometimes jack paints w/ his dick.....
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #175
folkjam

folkjam will become famous soon enough

It wouldn't surprise me if he was the major source of problems in the marriage, but I'm only speaking to this instance. A sad/lighthearted comment referencing The Melvins and Bladerunner after her statements got this type of press: http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/ryan-...age-tweet.html

Ryan's douchiness is undeniable at times, but it's pretty clear he's in a losing battle against Mandy no matter what he says or does. It's a guy with an awful reputation going against someone with a very carefully orchestrated public persona.

And I wish Jack all the best in future dick painting endeavors.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
yikes