TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Bombing in Austin

Old 03-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Bombing in Austin

3 package bombs and 1 trip wire.Pretty scary shit with so much of my family there. My middle brother was actually interviewed by the FBI Saturday morning.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bombing in Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
My middle brother was actually interviewed by the FBI Saturday morning.
In what capacity?
Old 03-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

They thought he might have some info regarding the bombings. One was near his work and another was near his home. Asked him when he works, where he works, what routes he takes to works, and if he knew any of the victims. He was hungover and a wreck.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Austin has a serial bomber/s. Scary stuff.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to all

jesus christ

so sorry to read this.

glad you're okay jack and your family is too.

i've always wanted to go to austin too!
seems like such a hip place
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:07 AM   #6
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

It might be over now unless there are multiple bombers

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/2....facebook.com/
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #7
JackStark211

Took the cowards way out. Hopefully it's over now.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #8
JackStark211

Millennials...
Old 03-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #9
Whiskeytown 2
Let It Ride

Whiskeytown 2 has a spectacular aura aboutWhiskeytown 2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Took the cowards way out. Hopefully it's over now.
I'm with you, hopefully it's over. Watching this all unfold just north of Austin, he was living in the town where I grew up and right in the middle of a bunch of homes. So far nothing else seems to be happening as far as bombs, I'm sure more info will come out.

This whole time I was thinking it was isolated to South Austin and was part of some organized crime ring. This morning, all of the roads were jammed packed and I had no clue why. Turns out him getting caught was happening on the main highway and caused everybody to detour. I'm not saying I was affected by any this but man, pretty scary stuff for the ones that were. And he was only 24 years old. Lets just hope he was the only one.
Whiskeytown 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #10
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

pretty much everything they know/dont know about the suspect detailed here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/u...in-bomber.html

it is curious that someone else was arrested for calling in a [fake] bomb threat prior to the roots performance at sxsw

possibly connected to the suspect or maybe just a copycat
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #11
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
pretty much everything they know/dont know about the suspect detailed here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/u...in-bomber.html
Imagine the mental gymnastics your mind has to endure in order to believe that while gay marriage is a sin, killing and maiming totally innocent people in an explosion is just okey dokey. No doubt he has a rambling manifesto hidden under his mattress or something.

Glad he was caught before he could do any more harm. And hopefully he was acting alone.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #12
Whiskeytown 2
Let It Ride

Whiskeytown 2 has a spectacular aura aboutWhiskeytown 2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Imagine the mental gymnastics your mind has to endure in order to believe that while gay marriage is a sin, killing and maiming totally innocent people in an explosion is just okey dokey. No doubt he has a rambling manifesto hidden under his mattress or something.

Glad he was caught before he could do any more harm. And hopefully he was acting alone.
I agree, my wife and I were discussing this last night. With all of these terrible acts happening from young kids, I can only assume mental illness has a big part in this. What appears to be a normal kid from a normal family, something had to be going on upstairs for him to think this was the only way out.

I don't have any answers or solutions but I hope it becomes easier in the future to pin point these issues before it gets to this level. One would think somebody knew something was going on.
Whiskeytown 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links