TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > 2018 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17th)

Old 06-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17th)

Old 09-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17th)

I finally got to listen to this album over the weekend. What does everyone think?
Old 09-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
JackStark211

No one care?
Old 09-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

havent heard it - dont really care to - first four albums are great - last dcfc record i heard was plans

last dcfc related album that i really liked was the one that gibbard did with jay farrar one fast move or im gone
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
JackStark211

Plans & Narrow Stairs are two of my favorite albums. I like the new one, but it feels like it is missing something with the absence of Chris Walla.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #6
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
havent heard it - dont really care to - first four albums are great - last dcfc record i heard was plans

last dcfc related album that i really liked was the one that gibbard did with jay farrar one fast move or im gone

I love that Gibbard/Farrar record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:04 PM   #7
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I finally got to listen to this album over the weekend. What does everyone think?

I got it last week. I like it but it doesnít get me terribly excited. If Iím honest, Narrow Stairs was the last one that I loved even though I do enjoy the last three. Narrow Stairs was the last one that really had lyrics that hit me in the gut, like Cath, Grapevine Fires, most of Plans and Transatlantacism. No songs from the last 3 have done that for me. I think the lyrics seem a bit too generic for me now. DCFC have always been a band for me where the lyrics are a really major contributor.

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:28 AM   #8
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I got it last week. I like it but it doesnít get me terribly excited. If Iím honest, Narrow Stairs was the last one that I loved even though I do enjoy the last three. Narrow Stairs was the last one that really had lyrics that hit me in the gut, like Cath, Grapevine Fires, most of Plans and Transatlantacism. No songs from the last 3 have done that for me. I think the lyrics seem a bit too generic for me now. DCFC have always been a band for me where the lyrics are a really major contributor.

I agree with all of this.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #9
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I think the lyrics seem a bit too generic for me now. DCFC have always been a band for me where the lyrics are a really major contributor.
absolutely this - completely agree

i think gibbard was always at his best when his lyrics were incredibly personal and unique and specific to himself - there was mystery there yet you could create yer own connection to them - those early albums are filled with that ... the more generic/universal his lyrics became the less appealing they were to me
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links