TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Mandy Moore on WTF with Marc Maron today (February 18)

Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

niebuhr is on a distinguished road
Mandy Moore on WTF with Marc Maron today (February 18)

Has anyone heard this? I guess it was taped before the bomb dropped, but from the description it sounds like they will talk about the marriage.

(Can't listen myself, I'm at work)
niebuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #2
back2manhattan

back2manhattan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mandy Moore on WTF with Marc Maron today (February 18)

I listened to most of it. Mostly the part about Ryan. She doesn't say anything like she stated in the NYT piece. It's more reserved like it was a co-dependency problem. She doesn't outright say he's a piece of shit so it was definitely before the piece came out that she spoke to him.
back2manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
folkjam

folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light

It starts an hour in, if you want to skip everything else. Not a ton of new information, nothing about the Times article. Taped about a month ago, Maron's intro was taped before the article dropped.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
delvis

delvis is on a distinguished road

If this is the case, then my best guess is the underage girl thing came to light and everybody felt compelled to speak out because it’s fucked up, and there are no shortage of bad stories about Ryan. So it helped pin him.
delvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

I listened to it. It was very good. She seems like such a nice person. Some of the things she says on Marc Maron are different than her recent claims. For example, she says she made a conscious decision to slow down her career in the late 2000s because she had been going constantly since the late 90s and needed a break. She also acknowledges that her music career did not really take off and that while it was her passion, she did it more as a way to supplement her acting career.

I'm assuming she didn't want to steamroll him or something. She does allude to the fact that she doesn't have anything really nice to say about him in a few sections. I don't know, it was definitely interesting to hear and then compare and contrast it with the revelations from last week.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
KarlPK

KarlPK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
I listened to it. It was very good. She seems like such a nice person. Some of the things she says on Marc Maron are different than her recent claims. For example, she says she made a conscious decision to slow down her career in the late 2000s because she had been going constantly since the late 90s and needed a break. She also acknowledges that her music career did not really take off and that while it was her passion, she did it more as a way to supplement her acting career.

I'm assuming she didn't want to steamroll him or something. She does allude to the fact that she doesn't have anything really nice to say about him in a few sections. I don't know, it was definitely interesting to hear and then compare and contrast it with the revelations from last week.
When you think about her career arc -- teenage sensation to relatively big time actress -- you do get the sense that she is not only pretty nice but very grounded. Kudos to her parents -- an experience like hers could have ended in disaster: see Macaulay Culkin.

She's an OK singer, but a much better actress. I bet she knows that.

And of the women Ryan has been with, she is unquestionably the most beautiful. Unless having kids was an issue -- she is a careerist first it seems -- most men would die before driving such a woman away. But then, most men are not RA.
KarlPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 AM   #7
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, she definitely could have ended up being a Lindsay Lohan type. She was never really that big a teen sensation though, at least not with the singing. She readily admits that she never got to the levels of Britney or Christina and that most people only remember her from A Walk to Remember.

But I agree, she is a very grounded individual. Very good sense of self, even if she lost it for a bit while married to Ryan. I'm glad she found herself again. I used to think the marriage to the Dawes guy was a ridiculous backhanded jab at Ryan, but after listening to this, I am very happy for her and I hope that they do record music together and that he supports her in a way that Ryan never did.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah, she definitely could have ended up being a Lindsay Lohan type. She was never really that big a teen sensation though, at least not with the singing. She readily admits that she never got to the levels of Britney or Christina and that most people only remember her from A Walk to Remember.

But I agree, she is a very grounded individual. Very good sense of self, even if she lost it for a bit while married to Ryan. I'm glad she found herself again. I used to think the marriage to the Dawes guy was a ridiculous backhanded jab at Ryan, but after listening to this, I am very happy for her and I hope that they do record music together and that he supports her in a way that Ryan never did.
this
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #9
jeffs98119

jeffs98119 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm glad she found herself again. I used to think the marriage to the Dawes guy was a ridiculous backhanded jab at Ryan, but after listening to this, I am very happy for her and I hope that they do record music together and that he supports her in a way that Ryan never did.
No doubt Dawes Dude is a very nice guy, but what a boring singer-songwriter-performer. His records are aural wallpaper and he rocks onstage like a kid at a middle school talent show. Ryan may be a dick, but he's a brilliant dick. Is it possible a certain amount of angst is necessary to create great art?

None of which excuses flashing your junk to an underage kid. That's inexcusable if accurate.
jeffs98119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links