FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Posting on Instagram again?

Old 04-30-2019, 01:55 PM   #26
gnomesayin

gnomesayin is on a distinguished road
Re: Posting on Instagram again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
I thought when Louis CK reappeared he was neutrally received, and then he did his first comedy show the topics he chose for his routine caused his reputation to be even further damaged.
Neutral doesn't seem accurate to me unless you mean that his detractors and supporters somehow cancel each other out. There is a strong visible (driven by social media) faction who object to Louis CK being "allowed" to perform comedy in public period, even at a hole-in-the-wall night club. There is a less visible faction who remain fans of his work and will pay to see him perform.

CK performed many impromptu sets before his chosen subject matter became a focus for scorn and criticism. The initial negative reactions were driven by sentiments that he had come back too soon or not properly apologized.
gnomesayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:03 PM   #27
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Which he hasn't.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:47 PM   #28
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I thought when Louis CK reappeared he was neutrally received, and then he did his first comedy show the topics he chose for his routine caused his reputation to be even further damaged.
uh yeah. he came back and did his show and was literally complaining about how much money he lost on it....NO SHIT, DIPSHIT...don't jerk off in front of people.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #29
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Which he hasn't.
yep.
complaining about how much money u lost out on "that book deal" is not an apology or even in the same vicinity as remorse.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #30
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
uh yeah. he came back and did his show and was literally complaining about how much money he lost on it....NO SHIT, DIPSHIT...don't jerk off in front of people.
Oh yeah, I mean I'm in no way defending or in support of Louis CK. But there were many prominent comedians/fans who supported his return (as well as many who did not). It just seemed more neutral in that yeah, there were detractors, but there were also a fair number of supporters. And I'd always heard it was his Parkland bit that really made people reject the return, and rightfully so.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #31
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
im glad i never spent any money ...

the woman who heckled louis székely is my hero
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:20 PM   #32
FavoriteEver

I never watched his show, nor have I ever listened to a stand up routine of his. He has never appealed to me. The only thing I've ever seen with his name tagged on it is One Mississippi, and it was a producer credit only. But he was not actually involved in production, and that show even had a story line that made reference to his behavior.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 PM   #33
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

He's a great comedian. Some of the best stand up specials I've seen. But he was a super dick to people and then seemed to not care about how it affected others. Can't support that.

reminds me of someone else...
Old 04-30-2019, 07:32 PM   #34
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
one mississippi

Quote:
The only thing I've ever seen with his name tagged on it is One Mississippi, and it was a producer credit only. But he was not actually involved in production, and that show even had a story line that made reference to his behavior.
that was a super show - bummed it was canceled
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #35
FavoriteEver

Re: one mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
that was a super show - bummed it was canceled
I was devastated. I love Tig Notaro and Stephanie Allynne. I'm going to see Stephanie perform with Wild Horses in Boston this weekend!
Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #36
Tim Simmons

That will be awesome. Wild horses are great.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:20 AM   #37
FavoriteEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
That will be awesome. Wild horses are great.
Yeah, I listened to every episode of their podcast The Perspective, so when they announced an East Coast tour I was all over it.
Sponsored Links