TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Let's Discuss Conspiracy Theories

Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Let's Discuss Conspiracy Theories

Were Kurt and Marilyn murdered? Who really killed JFK? I've noticed a fair bit of discussion about conspiracy theories here lately. Are you a believer in some and if so, which ones and why? Or are you a skeptic and believe that none of the various theories are credible?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
tigermilk
<3

tigermilk is just really nicetigermilk is just really nice
Re: Let's Discuss Conspiracy Theories

I always wonder about Elliott Smith...
tigermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

I put Yoshi in his conspiricy glasses for this one...
bruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

If only Atlantis smelt like bacon, Yoshi could probably find it again.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Ewok's Groupie
The MF Original!

Ewok's Groupie is a jewel in the roughEwok's Groupie is a jewel in the rough

Elliott Smith is about as much a conspiracy theory as the Sid and Nancy story is.

Love Elliott, but don't put much stock into the conspiracy theories surrounding his death.
Ewok's Groupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Ewok's Groupie
The MF Original!

Ewok's Groupie is a jewel in the roughEwok's Groupie is a jewel in the rough

And Syd, this must have been spawned by our Alien Gods talk!
Ewok's Groupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

I believe in aliens, I believe that JFK and Marilyn were murdered, but not enough to look into it to give you facts. Because I have forgotten the unsolved mysteries/history channel/discovery channel shows that have led me to believe this.
I believe in ghosts from experience.
Oh, and I believe that 9/11 was an inside job, but I don't want to spew facts, because I really don't want to start an argument.

I also believe the Ryan tried to change the board not something about hotels was posted re: altcountry.org/ryanadams.org
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

I am a genuine conspiracy theorist.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok's Groupie View Post
And Syd, this must have been spawned by our Alien Gods talk!
It was...I don't take much stock in conspiracy theories myself, but I realised in that thread that other people are interested in them and its a good talking point.

Quote:
I also believe the Ryan tried to change the board not something about hotels was posted re: altcountry.org/ryanadams.org
Actually, that is one conspiracy theory I do tend to believe in.

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 05-07-2009 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
If only Atlantis smelt like bacon, Yoshi could probably find it again.
Serious, once he let us dress him up as Cinderella + tiara for a raw turkey neck.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I am about as skeptical as they come about conspiracy theories. Don't believe any of them.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, that is one conspiracy theory I do tend to believe in.
I have wondered if there was money exchanged for this...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I have wondered if there was money exchanged for this...
Anything is possible I suppose...I would have thought it was more likely to be the threat of legal action since Whiney's name was used in the forum title. Once you take away his name, its hard for him to sue for much.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

ToBeWhiney.org
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
Anything is possible I suppose...I would have thought it was more likely to be the threat of legal action since Whiney's name was used in the forum title. Once you take away his name, its hard for him to sue for much.
I'd bet it was just the threat and the name. I can't imagine him paying someone off- he's too much of a little bully to back down like that.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #16
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
ToBeWhiney.org
The forum for misunderstood artists who are better than you.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
The forum for misunderstood artists who are better than you.
wonder how they'd elect moderaters for that.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

On the subject of Ryan related messageboard conspiracies, there is also the mysterious case of the poster who seemed to know someone was going to get investigated by the FBI for file sharing the night before it happened. My memory is not exactly clear on the details, but I don't think I am imagining the fact that someone on the old ryanadams.org posted a long, mostly incoherent and very angry rant about people leaking JCN tracks. This person basically said that the people responsible were going to get it, big time. To be honest I can't recall whether it sounded like a Ryan post or not, but I do remember bad spelling, a lack of punctuation and the fact that whoeever was writing it was obviously enraged and high as a kite. Nobody took much notice I don't think - the old ryan board used to get a lot of crazy posts - but the next day or so, two people were arrested for leaking JCN tracks. Just to add to the drama, at some point soon after making the comments, the poster came back and erased everything.

I assume they lost all their older posts when they changed over to become alt.country.org, but even if they didn't I think it was all zapped anyhow. So we'll never know and I guess its sort of pointless now anyhow.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #19
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

And for the public record, I am not accusing Ryan Adams of anything. He told Rob the JCN drama was nothing to do with him and apologised for it. I'm just relating a curious story about messageboards.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #20
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

I've said this before and it seems no one else remembers it but when Ryan started dating an unknown women from what we guessed was the Boston area (because of some blog posts) and it turned out to be JH but we don't know yet. Some one named Anonymous (but it was spelt VERY badly) put a link to her board.

Not quit as dastardly as Syd's story but strange none-the-less.
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #21
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

Quote:
And for the public record, I am not accusing Ryan Adams of anything. He told Rob the JCN drama was nothing to do with him and apologised for it. I'm just relating a curious story about messageboards.
interesting.

as for the ryanadams.org drama...

i think something must've sparked ryan's sudden fury and demands to shut the website down (he didn't want to change it, he wanted it shut down so they took his name out of it so that he couldn't complain anymore).
but i have never seen anyone say that they saw the thread that was supposed to contain ryan's hotel information and the stuff about his family someone apparently posted. and with the number of regular posters on that board, someone must've seen it other than ryan.
i've always found that very mysterious.
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
LaCienegaSmile
Punk As Fuck

LaCienegaSmile will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
I believe in aliens, I believe that JFK and Marilyn were murdered, but not enough to look into it to give you facts. Because I have forgotten the unsolved mysteries/history channel/discovery channel shows that have led me to believe this.
I believe in ghosts from experience.
Oh, and I believe that 9/11 was an inside job, but I don't want to spew facts, because I really don't want to start an argument.

totally agree. What is that doc online you can watch that shows so much shady info? Lost change? Loose change? Oh I forget. If I remember I will post. Def worth watching.
LaCienegaSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #23
Libertine4Life
Dig Out Your Soul

Libertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to all

I don't want to get into an argument either, but surely there's no way Sept 11th would have been an inside job...no chance. I admit there is great evidence which says it was and I know lots of books and programmes have been made etc and in some ways i'd love to believe it because that would just be amazing in terms of shock value...but come on, no way.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #24
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think that the bigger conspiracy theories are just that, theories. Usually these theories revolve around so much intricate panning and reasoning and involve alot of people (such as 9/11 and JFK conspiracy)How is it that these vents that require a SHIT TON of coverup are not exposed by some link in the chain.

Because of a failure of exposure, I tend to believe the real story and not a theory.

I mean, hell, a movie star can't even take a shit without it being in some paper, what makes people believe that some people crashed 4 planes killing 3000 and they can get away with it with no one knowing.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #25
LaCienegaSmile
Punk As Fuck

LaCienegaSmile will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I tend to think that the bigger conspiracy theories are just that, theories. Usually these theories revolve around so much intricate panning and reasoning and involve alot of people (such as 9/11 and JFK conspiracy)How is it that these vents that require a SHIT TON of coverup are not exposed by some link in the chain.

Because of a failure of exposure, I tend to believe the real story and not a theory.

I mean, hell, a movie star can't even take a shit without it being in some paper, what makes people believe that some people crashed 4 planes killing 3000 and they can get away with it with no one knowing.
because are goverment is filled with a bunch of liars. That's why. And I am not usually a conspiracy believer, but I think this a big inside job.
LaCienegaSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links