TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Movie Recommendations

Old 02-24-2019, 12:37 AM   #3226
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: Movie Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Paddleton - sad and also lovely.
just finished watching - brutal at times but i loved it
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #3227
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
just finished watching - brutal at times but i loved it
Ray Romano can really act too. There was a lot of depth in that performance.

I didn't realise the Duplass brothers had scored a four picture deal with Netflix either, until reading about Paddleton. That's good news, I love their work.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:14 PM   #3228
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Ray Romano can really act too. There was a lot of depth in that performance.

I didn't realise the Duplass brothers had scored a four picture deal with Netflix either, until reading about Paddleton. That's good news, I love their work.
agreed - i love what romano did in the big sick and vinyl - hes really surprised me with his second act as a dramatic actor

same re the brothers duplass - i actually really liked the roadtrip aspect to paddleton because it reminded me of the puffy chair ... listened to a really interesting interview with mark in which he mentioned taking a lot of meetings early on only to find out that there was nothing in common with the work that studios were offering and what they were interested in doing - he said after a few too many of those jay and he decided 'we make movies - not meetings' - looks like their credo really worked out for them and im so happy to see them getting work in different areas and on different platforms
Old 06-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #3229
sleigher

the beach bum was funny/silly - i laughed so much - straight up giggled a few times ... the scenes with martin lawrence are priceless!
Old 07-02-2019, 02:52 AM   #3230
enemyfire

enemyfire will become famous soon enough

Gotta love Harmony Korine.
enemyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #3231
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watched Parasite, the new Bong Joon-ho film yet? I'm hoping to go this weekend.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #3232
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Anyone watched Parasite, the new Bong Joon-ho film yet? I'm hoping to go this weekend.
Nope, but I look forward to seeing it.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:10 AM   #3233
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

So, Parasite was fantastic. Difficult to say much more without spoiling it.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:17 PM   #3234
sleigher

watched her smell last night - really liked it - great cast and well written
Old 07-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #3235
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So, Parasite was fantastic. Difficult to say much more without spoiling it.
Parasite was insane. Loved it. Korean film has been on fire (for me) these past few years. Train to Busan, The Handmaiden, The Wailing, Parasite, and my personal favourite, the amazing Burning. Good times? Not really, but great films.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #3236
sleigher

burning is excellent!
Old 07-08-2019, 12:24 AM   #3237
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dude, yeah. Blew me away. So amazing, when I got home I ordered the US Blu-ray instantly because I couldn't wait for an Aus release and had to see it again, stat!

Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #3238
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Booksmart was excellent. I have such a soft spot for coming of age movies, and this was a standout.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #3239
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

The trailer for Booksmart looks terrific. I still need to see Burning, but I've only heard good things. And I reckon Parasite must be an early favourite for Best International feature at the Oscars this year.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #3240
sleigher

under the silver lake was a lot of fun - looking forward to watching it again

riyl: jeff who lives at home or inherent vice
Old 07-30-2019, 08:41 AM   #3241
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post

under the silver lake was a lot of fun - looking forward to watching it again

riyl: jeff who lives at home or inherent vice
I also enjoyed it.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #3242
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Anyone watched Blinded By The Light yet? To be honest, the trailer looks a little cheesy and paint-by-numbers, but as a big Bruce fan, I'm still looking forward to seeing it.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:39 AM   #3243
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Caught Once Upon A Time In Hollywood the other night. Big Tarantino fan from way back, but it was just alright for me. 7/10. Not up there with his best, but certainly not his weakest film (for me, that's Django). Curiously, despite my mixed feelings, I'm keen to see it again, and soon. I dunno, I reckon it's just cause of how good it looked, and because Brad Pitt rules.

Sponsored Links