TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 07-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #3226
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
ugh.

nasty
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #3227
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
who is Jason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #3228
ViolaGal

ViolaGal is a jewel in the roughViolaGal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Quote:
*shudder*

Really creepy photo with no context at all. Though I supposed posting unflattering selfies isn't new...
ViolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #3229
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaGal View Post
*shudder*

Really creepy photo with no context at all. Though I supposed posting unflattering selfies isn't new...
If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), I'm pretty sure that photo was actually taken months ago when he was breaking up with Megan. Something about falling down and breaking his tooth.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #3230
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
*shudder*

Thatís what kind of has me confused with this whole thing. Not sure exactly what heís going for. To be honest, I felt like his post was rambling and some of it didnít really make sense to me. Then thereís the pics like this...

I just donít feel like heís going about making a ďcomebackĒ in the best way he could. So I wonder if this is the result of firing/losing his team and just doing it how he sees fit.

I'm rooting for him to get better/ do better, but I donít think heís there yet.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #3231
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), I'm pretty sure that photo was actually taken months ago when he was breaking up with Megan. Something about falling down and breaking his tooth.
It does seem like heís reposting old pics and clips from before the article huh? Like that big colors clip was on there too and I think it was just posted again after he resurfaced.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #3232
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
it's already been taken down. Anyone have a screen shot?
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #3233
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like he's just desperately trying to ignore everything that's happened.

'What teen sexting stuff?? Here's a cat video!!

I'm assuming his earlier statement and all his social media since are all his own idea. If someone's advising him, they are doing a terrible job.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #3234
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

Yeah heís taken it down but Iím pretty sure if was posted around the time of his breakdown and teeth episode. Some of these posts are new but mostly posts of stuff he previously had. For his sake I hope he more to say on the whole thing rather than cat videos.
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #3235
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorgan1 View Post
Yeah heís taken it down but Iím pretty sure if was posted around the time of his breakdown and teeth episode. Some of these posts are new but mostly posts of stuff he previously had. For his sake I hope he more to say on the whole thing rather than cat videos.
nothing says sorry and accountability like a good rant sprinkled w/ some self-deprecating bullshit and a couple cat videos!!!!
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #3236
ViolaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
Ah, that makes sense.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #3237
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
It seems like he's just desperately trying to ignore everything that's happened.

I'm assuming his earlier statement and all his social media since are all his own idea. If someone's advising him, they are doing a terrible job.
LOL
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #3238
ViolaGal

Quote:

Yeah I think he's unleashed again. Someone should put the leash back on him.

I'm really surprised at how his reappearance has made me feel. It feels insincere to me, the cat pics, the "my brother died and I had a hard life," the selfies, the tweets. It's so lacking in self-awareness. I guess I wasn't ready.

So I unfollowed him.

Evidently I still had interest in the outcome of this story.
I stopped loving his new output the same way I loved his older material a while ago. It's been hard to let go because I still have interest in the outcome of his music, too.
But I think I'm done now. And I feel sad about that.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #3239
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I think he's unleashed again. Someone should put the leash back on him.
Yep, they should. If his previous form is anything to go by, he'll only maintain the goofy, "nothing to see here" posts for a little while. The negative comments will get to him and he'll go all Gandhi-lite for a minute (lots of peace, love and understanding type responses to criticism), then he'll start losing it, getting snarky and lashing out. Maybe this time will be different because the stakes are much higher for him. Who knows.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:41 PM   #3240
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Nailed it Syd
Old 07-22-2019, 08:15 PM   #3241
miked331

miked331 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yep, they should. If his previous form is anything to go by, he'll only maintain the goofy, "nothing to see here" posts for a little while. The negative comments will get to him and he'll go all Gandhi-lite for a minute (lots of peace, love and understanding type responses to criticism), then he'll start losing it, getting snarky and lashing out. Maybe this time will be different because the stakes are much higher for him. Who knows.
This is exactly what’s going to happen

On a side note if Big Colors does come out and Doylestown Girl is still on it that would be some twisted creepy shit.

Last edited by miked331; 07-22-2019 at 08:44 PM..
miked331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #3242
mustbeburt

mustbeburt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
it's already been taken down. Anyone have a screen shot?
Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg instagram_2019_013.jpg (66.6 KB, 90 views)
Old 07-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #3243
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbeburt View Post
Here you go.
looks like the cover of animal farm
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #3244
FavoriteEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked331 View Post
This is exactly whatís going to happen

On a side note if Big Colors does come out and Doylestown Girl is still on it that would be some twisted creepy shit.
I mean, if all of those records were already pressed in all the variations, I don't see how they can take it off without spending a massive amount of money.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #3245
Tim Simmons

I don’t think the records were pressed.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #3246
FavoriteEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I donít think the records were pressed.
Oh, I just figured they were since we were so close to getting them when they were scrapped (Big Colors at least). I also probably severely overestimate how much time it'd take to press all those records.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #3247
Tim Simmons

We were still 2 months out. Its possible they were pressed, but I'm guessing not for another month.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #3248
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder who actually owns the Big Colors recordings. Think it would be Ryan/ Paxam. If it does come out, it probably wont be distributed through Blue Note now. The big labels will be staying away, this kind if thing sticks no matter the outcome.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:56 AM   #3249
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr79 View Post
I wonder who actually owns the Big Colors recordings. Think it would be Ryan/ Paxam. If it does come out, it probably wont be distributed through Blue Note now. The big labels will be staying away, this kind if thing sticks no matter the outcome.
Don Was is still liking his posts on Instagram.
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #3250
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Don Was is still liking his posts on Instagram.
Hmmm
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links