TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 07-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #3276
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

While I'm sure its possible its her, I'm guessing its not.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:03 PM   #3277
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:16 PM   #3278
Dan33185

Dan33185 is a jewel in the roughDan33185 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorgan1 View Post
Couple examples

Hasn't Ryan written a ton of lyrics in that vein? Can't imagine it bothers him that much at this point.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:21 PM   #3279
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
gotcha.

all good.

probably a fake acct????
Prob Ryan
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #3280
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt Ava would start a social media presence like this. When she and her family wanted their story heard, it was to the New York Times with all polished quotations and not too much additional information. I wouldn’t give this profile the time of day even I were hungry to see RA taken down even further.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #3281
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah. Fake as fuck.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #3282
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Def some psycho
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #3283
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Yeah I don’t believe it for a minute. I feel like whoever it is was trying to sound like a young teen as well....forgetting that she would be 20 something by now.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #3284
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
It seems like he's just desperately trying to ignore everything that's happened.

'What teen sexting stuff?? Here's a cat video!!

I'm assuming his earlier statement and all his social media since are all his own idea. If someone's advising him, they are doing a terrible job.

Day 12 since the ‘So. Soon’ post. I guess soon is a relative term esp considering it’s been months since the story ran.

Meanwhile let me stroke my ego and hold you over with a video of Breakdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:30 AM   #3285
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
Day 12 since the ‘So. Soon’ post. I guess soon is a relative term esp considering it’s been months since the story ran.

was he implying he is or had a breakdown?

Last edited by Loveishello86; 07-31-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:53 AM   #3286
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post

So. Soon....and since then we've had cat videos and lots of love and peace and some "rad" jams and lots of love and peace sign offs and love and peace ....just like nothing ever happened!
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:26 PM   #3287
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
was he implying he is or had a breakdown?

no, i don’t believe. Just an acoustic live clip.

he did retweet Elton’s post celebrating 29 years of sobriety with the hashtag #onedayatatime , which if that means he’s sober and in a program I’d be really happy for him.

But again, we’ve seen this cycle tirelessly repeat and now there is the 3,200 text message and naked skype sessions with minor he met on twitter elephant in the room.

andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:07 AM   #3288
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

...and, he's gone.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #3289
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

He’s dead?!?!
Old 08-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #3290
mustbeburt

mustbeburt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricityscape View Post
...and, he's gone.
His Instagram and Twitter are still up... was it down for a bit or something?
Old 08-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #3291
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Wasn't sure where to post this but wanted to vent a little bit and this seems like the place.

Got a phone call late last night. A friend of mine I met here in Denver took her own life over the weekend. I saw her last week and she seemed to be in a really good place. We ended the conversation with, "you are doing awesome." I met her through a mutual friend, but we really bonded over Ryan's music. I don't meet many people in real life who love Ryan's music. We talked about it so much. And the last year she was an important person to talk to regarding Ryan's issues, how a fan handles something like this, etc. All the stuff we talk about here.

She had battles with addiction and Ryan's music really resonated with her. It's an awful blow and a horrible feeling and his music and her friendship is intertwined in such a personal way.

You just never know where people really are at. We should take it a little easier on each other around here as we all figure out what to make of his music, what it means to us and all that.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #3292
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this but wanted to vent a little bit and this seems like the place.

Got a phone call late last night. A friend of mine I met here in Denver took her own life over the weekend. I saw her last week and she seemed to be in a really good place. We ended the conversation with, "you are doing awesome." I met her through a mutual friend, but we really bonded over Ryan's music. I don't meet many people in real life who love Ryan's music. We talked about it so much. And the last year she was an important person to talk to regarding Ryan's issues, how a fan handles something like this, etc. All the stuff we talk about here.

She had battles with addiction and Ryan's music really resonated with her. It's an awful blow and a horrible feeling and his music and her friendship is intertwined in such a personal way.

You just never know where people really are at. We should take it a little easier on each other around here as we all figure out what to make of his music, what it means to us and all that.

I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #3293
Tim Simmons

Thats awful. I'm really sorry for your loss.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #3294
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

dude.

so sorry to hear that man.

fucking sucks.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #3295
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

my condolences
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #3296
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

I’m sorry for your loss, roshea999.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbeburt View Post
His Instagram and Twitter are still up... was it down for a bit or something?
No, but he hasn’t posted since 31st of July.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #3297
Dan33185

Dan33185 is a jewel in the roughDan33185 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricityscape View Post

No, but he hasn’t posted since 31st of July.
Might mean he's doing more work on Big Colors? I'm still convinced we'll see it before the end of the year.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #3298
Tim Simmons

If it was done 5 months ago, why would he put more work into it?
Old 08-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #3299
Tim Simmons

I think the obvious answer is he saw that people were "too soon"ing him (fans or new(?) mgmt). So he stepped away.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #3300
hi_there

hi_there has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, trial balloon. Message received.
hi_there is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links