TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 02-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #2051
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
As most people are aware the definition of a snowflake online is one who is overly sensitive. Based on your recent comments you fall right into that category.

Can you justify me being labelled dense, or being told that I have fucked up ethics? What about being called a crappy human because I choose to disagree with people?

Lucky for me I have a thicker skin than you.
Since you have such thick skin, I know you'll take it like a champ when I say your trolling is getting old now. You've been given a fair say, but enough. Time to move on, pet.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #2052
gnomesayin

gnomesayin is on a distinguished road

Dumbest hot take yet. I'm not particularly a fan of the film, but I'm offended that someone was paid to write this.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...-story-2452722
gnomesayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #2053
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Its the NME. Its always been trash.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #2054
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomesayin View Post
Dumbest hot take yet. I'm not particularly a fan of the film, but I'm offended that someone was paid to write this.

Jesus. Piss me a rainbow.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #2055
happyhead

happyhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

I'd just like to say how honored I am to have inspired the new name of this thread. Especially since we all know Ry Ry is most likely reading said thread right at this moment.
happyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #2056
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

https://www.spin.com/2019/02/ryan-ad...ted-criticism/
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #2057
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
They picked like the worst picture wtf lol
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #2058
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomesayin View Post

Yeah I read that and was like come on
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #2059
futurecalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
They picked like the worst picture wtf lol
That's what happens when celebs are outed like this.

Anyone remember Ryan's friend Jian Ghomeshi? Total shitbag. Loved beating up women. Around the time he was arrested, Canadian police actually thought he might be hiding out at Ryan's.

Anyways, after his arrest, pictures being used would get worse and worse... and more "ethnic".

It's a weird thing, but I get not wanting to make creeps look "hot" in your article.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #2060
ann ann

Quote:

It's a weird thing, but I get not wanting to make creeps look "hot" in your article.
Lol as a person who once worked in media/the news for years, I'm confident that's not what they're doing. They very well may be "fuck this guy, get a bad photo" though. You guys gotta stop projecting so much shit onto the supposed morals of media people, they don't really fucking care.

Edit: oh and i left because fuuuuuck that business.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #2061
futurecalling

I feel like I've seen it time and time and time and time again, but whatevs.

I wonder if Jian and RA have been chatting.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #2062
futurecalling

Also, "fuck this guy, get a bad photo" is exactly what I'm talking about - so I'm not really sure what you disagreed with?
Old 02-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #2063
ann ann

Quote:
I feel like I've seen it time and time and time and time again, but whatevs.

I wonder if Jian and RA have been chatting.
I believe it happens I just don't believe they care so much about not making people look hot. Photos have to be appropriate though.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #2064
ann ann

Quote:
Also, "fuck this guy, get a bad photo" is exactly what I'm talking about - so I'm not really sure what you disagreed with?
Hmm I didn't read "fuck this guy" and "let's not make him look hot" as the same thing, so my bad then.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #2065
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Why would he go apeshit over that blurb in the article?
Old 02-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #2066
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I remember someone on his team contacted me to remove the Colonel Sanders photo I was using for his profile page on AOTY
Old 02-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #2067
futurecalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Why would he go apeshit over that blurb in the article?
Well.

I've always wondered how his (legitimate) online harassment of both fans and peers never really made the news (until now).

I guess now we know why.

He got mad at me once over on RAA after I made some comment about my favorite country artist no longer playing country music or something like that.

I was pretty lucky in retrospect and it was fairly jokey (he told me his pearl snaps smelled like smoke anyways), but still. I've probably seen that guy verbally assault fans online a hundred times before deleting them, waking up and re-tweeting Johnny Marr news and moving on.

So many artists would never be able to do this shit, but I guess the emotional nerds in this scene were scared enough to obey his commands.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #2068
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

futurecalling said:

I've always wondered how his (legitimate) online harassment of both fans and peers never really made the news (until now).

whenever it was last yr that he started talking up satanism/dogging anyone who was christian and was bullying chelsea clinton on twitter is when i jumped off the bandwagon - im all for freedom of religion and im not even a 'fan' of chelsea clinton - but talking smack about people who have different values than you is just nonsense that i cant accept - thats when i deleted all of his music from my music library - i was no longer interested in 'supporting' a grown man who bullied people online
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #2069
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I remember someone on his team contacted me to remove the Colonel Sanders photo I was using for his profile page on AOTY
jfc
Old 02-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #2070
a devil in paradise
massively dull

a devil in paradise is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
That's probably because Julianna has it.
a devil in paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #2071
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan posting on RAA was the worst thing that ever happened to that board.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #2072
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Ryan posting on RAA was the worst thing that ever happened to that board.
wolfhunter?
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #2073
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:

I guess now we know why.

He got mad at me once over on RAA after I made some comment about my favorite country artist no longer playing country music or something like that.

I was pretty lucky in retrospect and it was fairly jokey (he told me his pearl snaps smelled like smoke anyways), but still. I've probably seen that guy verbally assault fans online a hundred times before deleting them, waking up and re-tweeting Johnny Marr news and moving on.

So many artists would never be able to do this shit, but I guess the emotional nerds in this scene were scared enough to obey his commands.
Right before III/IV came out, he said on RAA that it was his favorite album to record. I said that was interesting, because he always said that about Cold Roses. He flipped out, went through my profile and started commenting on every post I made, insulting me. I called him a prick, and he immediately begged off and jokingly said he wanted to do battle in a Dennyís parking lot.

But Iíve seen him spit on fans, so yeah, got off easy.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #2074
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
wolfhunter?
Yep, that was him. It really increased the traffic on the site for a while (as you'd imagine), but it ended up having to be really heavily moderated to keep RA happy.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #2075
Tim Simmons

It also inflated the self importance of the board and people lost perspective.
Sponsored Links