TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Now you know.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Actually this album came out in 2007, but it was a extremely limited self release. It sees widespread release this February.

This album is well worth your time.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
maleneee

maleneee is a name known to allmaleneee is a name known to allmaleneee is a name known to allmaleneee is a name known to all

I really like that Skinny Love song, thanks for reminding me that I need to order the album.
maleneee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Actually this album came out in 2007, but it was a extremely limited self release. It sees widespread release this February.

This album is well worth your time.
I was about to rag on you for this fact
Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

http://www.jagjaguwar.com/onesheet.php?cat=JAG115

Download of the track Skinny Love at that link.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
The folks at Jagjaguwar are as excited about the February 19 release of Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago as we are, which makes sense, considering they are the ones releasing it. So the label has started taking pre-orders right here. What's more, there is a pair of extras involved.

First, anyone who pre-orders from the label will receive a large color poster [pictured above] with his/her copy of the record. Second, anyone who orders the album from iTunes will receive a bonus track called "Wisconsin".

There's also one more treat, non-musical in nature but totally free. Justin Vernon, the man behind Bon Iver, has started a blog called Creature Fear. Currently, its only post is a diary entry from the making of For Emma, but we're told that Vernon plans to update it regularly.

The Bon Iver touring machine is currently resting, but it will start up again in February and March for shows with Jagjaguwar/Dead Oceans family members Black Mountain and Phosphorescent.

Bon Iver:

02-10 Eau Claire, WI - The Nucleus
02-15 Bloomington, IN - Bear's Place
02-18 Chapel Hill, NC - The Local 506
02-19 Washington, DC - Rock and Roll Hotel *
02-20 Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's *
02-22 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom *
02-23 Brooklyn, NY - Glasslands *
02-24 Boston, MA - Middle East Upstairs *
02-25 Portland, ME - The Space Gallery *
02-26 Moncton, New Brunswick - The Manhattan *!
02-27 Halifax, Nova Scotia - The Marquee Club *!
02-29 Montreal, Quebec - La Sala Rossa *#
03-05 Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace *#
03-06 Cleveland Heights, OH - The Grog Shop *!
03-07 Louisville, KY - Headliners *
03-09 Knoxville, TN - The Pilot Light *!
03-10 Nashville, TN - Exit/In *!
03-11 Little Rock, AR - Sticky Fingerz *!
03-19 San Diego, CA - Che Cafe $
03-20 Los Angeles, CA - The Echo $
03-21 Santa Barbara, CA - Muddy Waters $
03-22 Visalia, CA - Cellar Door $
03-23 San Francisco, CA - The Independent $
03-24 Portland, OR - Holocene $
03-25 Vancouver, British Columbia - Media Club $
03-26 Seattle, WA - Nectar $
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...-to-ifor-emmai
Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
Tim Simmons

This week.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
dancingantsy

dancingantsy is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait to see him in NYC
dancingantsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 AM   #9
TheOneThatLeaves
mmm ... candy

TheOneThatLeaves is on a distinguished road

I really Like Bon Iver I downloaded Skinny Love a few weeks ago and now am waiting for the album ...

On a Side Note:
Looking at that itinerary just proves once more that nobody worth seeing ever comes west ... they usually just get as far as St. Louis and then skip to California ... anyway awesome artist ...

Killer Home of the Rock & Roll Pirates
TheOneThatLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
Tim Simmons

Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #11
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

AoTY
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #12
Tim Simmons

Made my list.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

It would have made mine but I was slow to the party and didn't get it until 2009.

If you do take its original 2007 release date, would it be AOTY? (I guess that question is, is it better than Boxer?)
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Tim Simmons

Maybe. Sound of Silver came out that year too, I believe. Dear Science as well. It was a great year for music. Probably the best year of the past decade.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
Tim Simmons

Oh Damn, Person Pitch and Strawberry Jam too? And Burial's Untrue.

It wouldn't be my #1, but it made my Top 10.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

I thought Dear Science was 2008?

Neon Bible was 2007 too. I remember seeing The National, Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem all in 4 days at the beginning of 2008. Awesomeness.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
Tim Simmons

Maybe it was.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

What about Easy Tiger?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
Tim Simmons

Maybe top 100 of that year. Top 1000 for certain.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #20
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Maybe top 100 of that year. Top 1000 for certain.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #21
J_Bizness

J_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to behold

6 appendiges!~!!!
J_Bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links