TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Justin Townes Earle Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Single Mothers (9/9)

Old 06-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Single Mothers (9/9)

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 06-10-2014 at 02:42 PM..
Tim Simmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Single Mothers - Out Fall

http://www.justintownesearle.com/new...tes-this-fall/
Old 06-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Single Mothers - Out Fall

Single Mothers is comprised of ten tracks that showcase exactly why Justin Townes Earle is considered a forefather of Contemporary Americana. As a recently married, sober man JTE writes from a point of maturity and content we’ve not seen before on past records.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Single Mothers (9/9)

Album cover looks weird, right?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
Rob
Administrator

it's working now. and yes
Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

I mean, surely it's him and his new wife as kids, right? Or does JTE have a sister I'm not aware of?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Tim Simmons

I think that's his wife. But I think that's a new pic. He has gorilla arms
Old 06-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Pretty sure that's supposed to be a "childhood" version of himself.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
Tim Simmons

its super creepy.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
Rob
Administrator

I wouldn't frame that one on my wall
Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Very. I hate it.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #12
sipowicz
When We Looked Like Giants

sipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Dumb cover, no doubt the record will be awesome.
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #13
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Really fucking hate this cover. Reminds me of the cover for the last Fall Out Boy album and NO ONE wants to be reminded about Fall Out Boy. But yeah, likely I will love the album. JTE is the man.

Last edited by Dowd; 06-15-2014 at 06:42 PM..
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #14
sipowicz

sipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowd View Post
Really fucking hate this cover. Reminds me of the cover for the last Fallout Boy album and NO ONE wants to be reminded about Fallout Boy. But yeah, likely I will love the album. JTE is the man.
yeah, i am sure the record will be great, but has to go down as one of the worst covers in recent memory.

Anyone think of any worse?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:10 AM   #15
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

The idea is clever I guess -- I mean he's got the album cover theme of him with some lady on every cover -- but I agree... it just comes out kinda weird and creepy. no me gusta.

Psyched for the album though!!

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #16
GILMORE104
Moo

huh, i hadn't thought of all of the album covers are him with a lady. good catch
Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought JTE was alot taller... the woman's cute though.

Sounds promising.

With the newfound sobriety will this be his version of Easy Tiger?

Last edited by GoodSkanky; 09-09-2014 at 02:40 PM..
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #18
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

He once said in keeping with the him and lady on cover that he will never put a woman he is fucking on it. This is his somewhat way around this.

He really should have found a much lankery kid as his alter.

I think JTE has had more than his share of heartache and debotury to go many more rounds on records, no Easy Tiger.
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:39 AM   #19
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

totally agree that this kid isn't nearly tall and lanky enough to be a believable JTE. The little girl's cute though

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #20
GILMORE104
Moo

Also remember his wife is like 6'1, so they might have her rivaling him height was for that reason
Old 06-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #21
GILMORE104
Moo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwo4dkktHnQ

http://www.justintownesearle.com/new...ve-at-mccabes/
Quote:
WHITE GARDENIAS (LIVE AT MCCABE’S), SINGLE MOTHERS TRACK LIST REVEALED

Just last week Justin Townes Earle announced his fifth studio album, Single Mothers, was to be released on September 9 on Vagrant Records. Today, watch the live performance of the album track ‘White Gardenias’ at McCabes Guitar Shop in Santa Monica, CA below.

Single Mothers Track List
1. Worried Bout The Weather
2. Single Mothers
3. My Baby Drives
4. Today And A Lonely Night
5. Picture In A Drawer
6. Wanna Be A Stranger
7. White Gardenias
8. Time Shows Fools
9. It’s Cold In This House
10. Burning Pictures
Old 06-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #22
sipowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
huh, i hadn't thought of all of the album covers are him with a lady. good catch
Yuma doesn't, but i suppose that is an EP
Old 06-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #23
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
yeah, i am sure the record will be great, but has to go down as one of the worst covers in recent memory.

Anyone think of any worse?
Yip. This one:

Spoiler:
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #24
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #25
sipowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
Yip. This one:

Spoiler:
I forgot how awful that cover is...thanks for the reality check.
Sponsored Links