TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

US Presidential Election 2020

Old 10-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #26
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US Presidential Election 2020

I think itís gonna be Warren in case anyone is curious.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:19 PM   #27
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

I was using Bernie as an example, I don't think he's going to get the nod. Especially now that he's suspending his campaign due to a heart operation.

I don't make predictions this early on, but Warren has already taken Trump's bait with the heritage issue and embarrassed herself. It makes me wonder how she'd handle one-on-one debates with him. Trump has license to say and do whatever he wants, and the other candidate is still going to have to bite their tongue and appear somewhat presidential. What a handicap.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #28
roscoe

roscoe is just really niceroscoe is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
I was using Bernie as an example, I don't think he's going to get the nod. Especially now that he's suspending his campaign due to a heart operation.

I don't make predictions this early on, but Warren has already taken Trump's bait with the heritage issue and embarrassed herself. It makes me wonder how she'd handle one-on-one debates with him. Trump has license to say and do whatever he wants, and the other candidate is still going to have to bite their tongue and appear somewhat presidential. What a handicap.
I'd prefer a progressive candidate too but I think Biden would deal pretty well with Trump in a debate. He humiliated Paul Ryan in the VP debates in 2012 & I doubt he'd feel the need to bite his tongue with the Donald.

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #29
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Biden clearly isn't as sharp as he was back then, unfortunately. He would have been the runaway nominee if he were.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #30
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

some of these jerks need to drop out and run for Senate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #31
roscoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Biden clearly isn't as sharp as he was back then, unfortunately. He would have been the runaway nominee if he were.
Fair point. Though he has previously threatened to beat Trump's ass. Maybe they could both just strip down, oil up & go at it. Much better than a debate.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:20 AM   #32
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough

The Donald needs to drop dead.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #33
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Maybe they could both just strip down, oil up & go at it. Much better than a debate.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #34
roscoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
LOL. Sorry Syd...

Old 10-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #35
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

Old 10-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #36
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Trump's "in my great and unmatched wisdom..." tweet might just be the most bizarre thing he's even said on social media. And that's saying a lot. I guess its not going to make much difference to his rusted-on supporters though. Maybe to undecided voters - if any of those still exist in the US?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #37
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

He’s a weird dude
Old 10-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #38
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Trump's "in my great and unmatched wisdom..." tweet might just be the most bizarre thing he's even said on social media. And that's saying a lot. I guess its not going to make much difference to his rusted-on supporters though. Maybe to undecided voters - if any of those still exist in the US?
Yeah... that was bizarre as fuck. Is this reality?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:27 PM   #39
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Its pretty amazing how quickly Trump's behaviour has become almost accepted. Maybe accepted isnt the right word...but I guess people are just resigned to it. Some people still insist he's trolling or joking or playing 1 billion-dimensional chess whenever he tweets this stuff. Maybe, but I'm more of the opinion he's got mental issues.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #40
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Trump is definitely mental. He is a textbook narcissist among other things. I don't understand why it is so accepted. I figure his rich supporters like the fact that they're going to get richer. His less wealthy supporters - I can't figure out what they're getting out of it, and part of me believes they support him because now their bigotry is now more acceptable. Encouraged even. But the fact that the Republicans in government won't cooperate on impeachment inquiries is terrifying and baffling. Trump proves over and over again that he's shady as fuck. And they just don't care. I am of the personal belief that, like a forest, the US government needs to burn itself down to cleanse and flush out those psychotic individuals holding office.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:00 AM   #41
Tim Simmons

There was a tweet of a reddit post going around the other day, that summed up Trump supporters so well.

The post said something to the effect of, my support of him isn’t about right or wrong, It is about winning and losing. And I’ve tied my whole worldview to him because of winning.

That’s creep and sad at the same time. And I think it’s totally correct. Why do his supports support him, because they want a W.

And it’s probably why he gets the support of the GOP. They just want the W. Their ideals are dying. Look how progressive the world has gotten in the past 20 years. Their regressive policies were desperate gasps of air. So their digging in is just their attempt to slow the inevitable.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #42
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Apparently Trump just answered a reporter's question about the Kurds by declaring they didn't help America in battle during WW2.

I laugh-snorted when I read it, but in truth its not funny.

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree
Old 10-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #43
Tim Simmons

Trump didn’t help us with Vietnam, so no reason to have his back.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:19 PM   #44
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Muh bone spurs.....
Old 10-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #45
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

This made me laugh. I mean, fuck Trump. But FUCK STEVE KERR!!!

Old 10-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #46
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
There was a tweet of a reddit post going around the other day, that summed up Trump supporters so well.

The post said something to the effect of, my support of him isnít about right or wrong, It is about winning and losing. And Iíve tied my whole worldview to him because of winning.

Thatís creep and sad at the same time. And I think itís totally correct. Why do his supports support him, because they want a W.

And itís probably why he gets the support of the GOP. They just want the W. Their ideals are dying. Look how progressive the world has gotten in the past 20 years. Their regressive policies were desperate gasps of air. So their digging in is just their attempt to slow the inevitable.

this is spot on. Judges, tax breaks and re-election is what seems to drive that party nowadays and he is the vessel. Turkey seems like it has caused more of a rise with some of his Senate backers (Graham, Romney, etc) than anything else he has done to date.

Polls seem to indicate a shift. I think they lose in 2020 and then the party gets reformed and handed over to folks like Ryan where theyíll at least act outwardly decent.

Strange times. A buddy and I were discussing how interesting it will be in 20 years to reflect on this period (Iíll be around 50).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #47
Tim Simmons

I think about kids having to learn about this era in school. Christ AP US history classes are gonna be so god damn confusing. I don’t envy my grandchildren having to learn this shit in about 40ish years
Sponsored Links