TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue (September)

Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue (September)

For all the Jenny fans on TBY...

Quote:
Jenny Lewis Reveals New Album Details

Yup, Elvis Costello, M. Ward, Zooey Deschanel, and the Black Crowes dude are all on there

Rilo Kiley frontlady Jenny Lewis has announced the title of her new solo album and confirmed its impressive list of guests. The follow-up to 2006's Rabbit Fur Coat is called Acid Tongue, and it comes out via Warner Bros. in September.

As previously mentioned in an unconfirmed report, Acid Tongue features collaborations with Elvis Costello, M. Ward, Zooey Deschanel, the Black Crowes' Chris Robinson, Beachwood Sparks' "Farmer Dave" Scher, Rilo Kiley producer Jason Lader, and singer/songwriter Johnathan Rice.

Also appearing on the record are Paz Lenchantin from A Perfect Circle (and her sister Ana), Davey Faragher of Elvis Costello's Imposters, and a couple members of Lewis' family. Her sister Leslie Lewis recorded some backing vocals, and her father, Eddie Gordon, played a little harmonica.

Lewis has tour dates in September and October in support of Acid Tongue, including a handful of shows opening up for Bright Eyes' Conor Oberst.

Acid Tongue:

01 Black Sand
02 Pretty Bird
03 The Next Messiah
04 Bad Man's World
05 Acid Tongue
06 See Fernando
07 Godspeed
08 Carpetbaggers
09 Trying My Best to Love You
10 Jack Killed Mom
11 Sing a Song for Them

Jenny Lewis:

09-16 Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
09-17 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
09-19 Chicago, IL - Epiphany Church
09-20 Omaha, NE - Anchor Inn *
09-21 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium *
09-22 Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre *
09-23 Fayetteville, AR - George's Majestic *
09-24 Oxford, MS - The Lyric Theatre *
09-25 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom *
09-26 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Festival
10-02 Washington, DC - Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
10-04 New York, NY - Apollo Theater
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...-album-details
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of
Re: Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue (September)

Fuck yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I was just listening to Rabbit Fur Coat a few hours ago and was wondering when a new album would be out. Very good news.
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Her vocals were all over Momofuku. I guess EC is returning the favour.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Her vocals were all over Momofuku. I guess EC is returning the favour.
i didn't know she was on that... interesting. i'd like to hear it.
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Album art:

And the Stereogum article about hearing the first track: http://stereogum.com/archives/video/...rt_012891.html
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

I really like that album cover.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

The second YouTube vid in that link with the live version of the new song sounds great.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

i'm really excited about this. jenny lewis is awesome, and adding m. ward and zooey can only = more awesomeness. i just wish she'd add an NC or VA show.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
SkortBrun

So are the Watson Twins not on this album?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #10
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post
i'm really excited about this. jenny lewis is awesome, and adding m. ward and zooey can only = more awesomeness. i just wish she'd add an NC or VA show.
I would not be able to handle a Jenny/Zooey double-bill.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Has anyone preordered this yet? I'm wondering if there are any deals out there, and I can't find much on her site.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #12
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I would not be able to handle a Jenny/Zooey double-bill.
I can barely handle when it's Jenny on her own.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
Has anyone preordered this yet? I'm wondering if there are any deals out there, and I can't find much on her site.
I haven't seen any kind of deals yet. Amazon has it available for preorder:
http://www.amazon.com/Acid-Tongue-Je...8829390&sr=8-1
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #14
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

You can stream "Acid Tongue" at NPR.org
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=93933289
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #15
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Sweet! Thanks!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #16
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

This song is awesome. I think it's my most anticipated album of the year so far.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
SkortBrun

That song's really good. From the NPR description it sounds like this album is going to be quite different than I expected.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

The Next Messiah
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #19
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

She is such a badass.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #20
clewis
gangster

Stream the whole album at:

http://www.myspace.com/jennylewismusic
Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #21
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:42 AM   #22
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

the whole album is up on her myspace

http://www.myspace.com/jennylewismusic
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #23
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

gdmt she's playing spaceland.
I LOVE SPACELAND.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #24
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I think this album will take some time to beat Rabbit Fur Coat, but there are some crazy good songs on here (Godspeed and the title track).
Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #25
clewis
gangster

I like Rabbit Fur Coat more.
Sponsored Links