TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 11-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #3451
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
forgot about that gem.

Obviously these are the extremes but it’s still really interesting that lines of defense for these people’s fanhood for Ryan Adams is

1) Id support Ryan’s music even if he murdered these women!

2) Even Charles Manson released a record!

Like, thanks people I am now suddenly convinced that 3,214 text messages to a minor he picked on twitter now has no bearing on my interpretation or support of his music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny how seldom Ava and all those text messages gets a mention from the Stans. They do seem pretty clear that saying something mean to your wife is not a criminal offence though. So, I guess its great that they cleared that up for everyone.

As for the extremists, the intensity of their anger is what really strikes me. I mean, RA is not someone they know personally. The government didn't come around to their house and burn all his albums. People on a messageboard didn't force him to do stupid shit like sext a teenager. Nobody is stopping them enjoying his music. Nobody is actually stopping RA from releasing new music in the future either, as far as I know.

But, lets just wish death on women because muh Ryan.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #3452
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Funny how seldom Ava and all those text messages gets a mention from the Stans. They do seem pretty clear that saying something mean to your wife is not a criminal offence though. So, I guess its great that they cleared that up for everyone.

As for the extremists, the intensity of their anger is what really strikes me. I mean, RA is not someone they know personally. The government didn't come around to their house and burn all his albums. People on a messageboard didn't force him to do stupid shit like sext a teenager. Nobody is stopping them enjoying his music. Nobody is actually stopping RA from releasing new music in the future either, as far as I know.

But, lets just wish death on women because muh Ryan.
Well.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I know we're discussing this one angry guy, but I don't see much anger from anyone. Just a lot of disappointment.

As far as the Ava texts are concerned, that's not a hill I wanna die on... but I do feel that the longer this goes with no charges pressed, the less water this whole "but he likes teens" argument has.
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #3453
futurecalling

And yes, I know that many people get away with bad things without being criminally charged - but I've seen nothing that suggests a pattern of liking women that aren't of-age.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #3454
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
but I do feel that the longer this goes with no charges pressed, the less water this whole "but he likes teens" argument has.
The original article explained exactly why it was going to be difficult to charge him in this scenario. Legal technicalities don't absolve his awful behavior. Even he knew it was wrong.

Quote:
And yes, I know that many people get away with bad things without being criminally charged - but I've seen nothing that suggests a pattern of liking women that aren't of-age.
Isn't the thousands of texts they exchanged enough of a pattern? There has to be more than one underage girl before it's a problem?
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #3455
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

agreed, Syd.

Another interesting facet is, at least i feel that, the majority of people on this board who arenít cool with his behavior have shared they hope he can make amends, get healthy, and eventually make music again. I think the overall arena is more so in that camp than wishing ill on the guy. Thatís another huge point of contrast next to some of the abhorrent responses iíve seen, i.e Ďkilling all the c*ntsí. Itís interesting to see so much venom flying back at people who pretty simply state that the music has changed for them based on the reporting and lack of remorse / explanation from Ryan.

I wish he would just release big colors at this point so the fans who would still consume it would be appeased. I think what youíd find is a reduced level of support across the old fan base and therefore diminished touring opportunities and sales. Thatís obviously speculative but itís the general sense i gather from this board and social media overall.

still pulling for the dude but the avoidance of apology and ongoing odd social media interactions have not left me as hopeful.

but then again Obama did call us out, Charles Manson released a record and Jimmy Page slept with underage women. Really makes you think!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #3456
futurecalling

I don’t think one person is a pattern, no. Regardless of text message counts.

Look I think the guy is a shithead I just don’t think he’s a pedo.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #3457
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post

but then again Obama did call us out, Charles Manson released a record and Jimmy Page slept with underage women. Really makes you think!!!!!

Old 11-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #3458
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
I donít think one person is a pattern, no. Regardless of text message counts.

Look I think the guy is a shithead I just donít think heís a pedo.
I don't think anyone has called him a full blown pedophile, but he has had a reputation for liking girls on the younger side since the Cardinology/Foggy days.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #3459
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Well.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I know we're discussing this one angry guy, but I don't see much anger from anyone. Just a lot of disappointment.

As far as the Ava texts are concerned, that's not a hill I wanna die on... but I do feel that the longer this goes with no charges pressed, the less water this whole "but he likes teens" argument has.
It's a ridiculously long thread and people's comments are open to interpretation. I saw plenty of anger, and disappointment too. And that's okay, at least until it crosses over into something irrational.

In terms of the texts, I doubt he'll be charged. But personally, the "don't tell your mother" text sealed the deal. He's a grown man who, at the very least, suspected Ava might be underage. He was worried enough about it to make R Kelly jokes. If some fans are happy to let that slide, that's their choice. I just choose differently.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #3460
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

The “he keeps getting older and they just stay the same age” thing for the women he has been with for the past 10 years certainly stands out. Not illegal or wrong. But certainly weird in the context of these texts.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #3461
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

hmm...

http://paxamstudio.com/
Old 11-06-2019, 11:49 AM   #3462
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Nary a mention or pic of RA
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #3463
nyf

nyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to all

That studio website has been up for a while, I remember finding it back in February when the article dropped.
nyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #3464
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

man, what if the Danny Clinch project started back up now....bet he has some interesting stuff
Old 11-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #3465
mustbeburt

mustbeburt is on a distinguished road

Yeah - that website looks no different from when it first went up.