TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The OK Computer sessions

Old 06-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
The OK Computer sessions

Time to talk about these people!

For those who donít know, last Thursday, 17.5 hours of live, demo, working sessions from OKC era leaked. Itís speculation to see this evolution of the material. Anyone else DL?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:55 AM   #2
sad5ack

sad5ack can only hope to improve
Re: The OK Computer sessions

Yes, I did, in spite of the "moral outrage" it has caused. For the most part, it's a fantastic look at what was going on at that time in the band's career. There's some great alternative versions, and some unreleased songs, but a whole bunch of stuff you could label as "crap". I'm still working my way through it all!
sad5ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #3
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Just yesterday, but havenít listened to any of it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #4
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Interesting.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed they are
Old 06-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
Tim Simmons

Officially available now

https://radiohead.bandcamp.com/
Old 06-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #7
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Officially available now

https://radiohead.bandcamp.com/
Cool. That's the way you handle shit when it gets leaked.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #8
wheelhousetunes

wheelhousetunes will become famous soon enough

I like Radiohead - mainly this period and more so before, but not this much...

Thanks for posting though for those who do!
wheelhousetunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #9
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Iím about 4 hours in so far - it can get a bit much after hearing I Promise for the fourth time in a row, so Iím working through it slowly.

The insight it gives to their process and how the songs were developed is just incredible, I really feel like a fly on the wall. Really shows how much the right arrangement, the right drum part, a certain guitar or bass line changes a song from mediocre to amazing. Thereís an obviously fairly early version of Airbag where it just plods along, drumming is so uninspired compared to what Phil eventually plays on the album version. I feel lucky to hear this stuff, even if I will only listen to it once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #10
hi_there

hi_there has a spectacular aura abouthi_there has a spectacular aura about

That album is a top-20 all time for me, but I know very little about the band or their process, really, as my fandom predates the social media era. I feel conflicted about listening to the stuff because it might, I dunno, take the shine off of what is still, to me, an almost mystically perfect album.
hi_there is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links