TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Blackhole

Old 08-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #251
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Blackhole

The tracks out there remind me more of Pinkhearts era RA. Maybe lyrically its closer to LIH, but the sound reminds me of the first time I heard Starting to Hurt, Nuclear, and the rest of those Demolition tracks.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #252
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
The tracks out there remind me more of Pinkhearts era RA. Maybe lyrically its closer to LIH, but the sound reminds me of the first time I heard Starting to Hurt, Nuclear, and the rest of those Demolition tracks.
Are we confident that Tomorrowland and Disco Queen are gonna be on Blackhole? I definitely can't remember him saying that they were on it.
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #253
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I forget how we know that. But you are right, they may not be on there.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #254
smnolan86

smnolan86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
Are we confident that Tomorrowland and Disco Queen are gonna be on Blackhole? I definitely can't remember him saying that they were on it.
I think he said it on Twitter (that Tomorrowland and Disco Queen were from Blackhole). He for sure said it though.
smnolan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #255
Tim Simmons

A quick google has news sources and a fan site that notes Ryan said they were from those sessions.

I guess we'll see as anything can happen with this dude.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #256
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
A quick google has news sources and a fan site that notes Ryan said they were from those sessions.

I guess we'll see as anything can happen with this dude.
Yeah, I'm fairly confident they were from those sessions simply due to connecting their styles together w/ how he's described the album. Just don't think I've ever seen him actually mention they are on the final album. Guess we'll find out soon enough though!
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #257
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

It was mentioned on the old RAA site when he occasionally would post. Go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading. You will find the quote.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #258
FoCo

FoCo is a jewel in the roughFoCo is a jewel in the rough

4 years and almost 3 months since Ryan posted that Blackhole was back from the mastering plant and ready to go. Come on Ryan, release it for Christmas 2014!!!!

Last edited by FoCo; 08-23-2014 at 09:35 PM..
FoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #259
Dogfootblues

Dogfootblues has a spectacular aura about

Is that what he's playing in the first vid. The lead at the end of DiscomQueen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dogfootblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #260
oreo137

oreo137 is on a distinguished road

For whatever reason, the embedded videos in this thread aren't even visible for me on any computer or device I have, so apologies if this has already been posted.

I found one of the facebook vids that Ryan posted around the time of Blackhole completion talk and there's definitely evidence of "S.O.S.", a Sad Dracula tune from 'Fasterpiece', in this session:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hp1APmphBY

Last edited by oreo137; 08-24-2014 at 01:36 AM..
oreo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #261
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo137 View Post
For whatever reason, the embedded videos in this thread aren't even visible for me on any computer or device I have, so apologies if this has already been posted.
Whenever I post youtube videos here, I have to change the "https" at the start of the URL to just "http". Then they show the embedded video rather than just a big white box.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:35 AM   #262
nyf

nyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
As a few have said here already it was somehow communicated that these tracks were from 'Black Hole'. I believe it to be true.

While it may not end up being the final case because, well, tracklists change 'n' shit, I distinctly remember this response over a big stink on RAA about the lo-fi, perceptibly poor/shitty quality of the digi-single release prior to DiscoQueen,Tomorrowland.

I never heard the songs that caused a backlash, but you can probably chalk it up to folks thinking they were getting a polished, money-costing, time-sucking, hard (seriously hard, repetitive, trial and error bullshit) working, fretting-finger-callous-blistering studio track every week, or actually I think it was two tracks.

PS:

I'm drunk as fuck and I'm making it as best as I can hope to make it now.
nyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #263
Tim Simmons

Old 08-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #264
mustbeburt

mustbeburt will become famous soon enough

yeah, here are his quotes and the pic from 2010.

oh yeah, p.s. the "Blackhole" LP ( recorded over Christmas in 2005 ) is also back from the mastering plant. I f'n love this thing. It took 4 years to make it and to me it is basically Love is Hell Part 3... lots of shimmery guitar love on this. Exciting times!!!

No. You never heard BLACKHOLE. only two songs ( the demo versions or rough versions of DiscoQueen and Tomorrowland ) were every out there.

total bullshit. Blackhole will go to preorder after III/IV.
don't listen to these sites with this shit or the one's that have "tour dates" or made up guarantees- they are full of shit.
The people I work with don't have websites they have telephones and they do business the old fashioned way, over lunch and in great detail.
hang in there, all 6 of you, who are still excited.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #265
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfootblues View Post
Is that what he's playing in the first vid. The lead at the end of DiscomQueen.

That sounds like a completely different song than Disco Queen, and the digital
single does not have a solo anywhere in the song,
so one could assume it's a 3rd unknown track?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #266
Dogfootblues

Dogfootblues has a spectacular aura about

He's got his label, own recording studio whatever. When's he just gonna issue this shit. All of it. 48 hours, blackhole, destroyer etc. why, why do this to us. It's like some sick fucks idea of musical for play.

Dogfootblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #267
FoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
That sounds like a completely different song than Disco Queen, and the digital
single does not have a solo anywhere in the song,
so one could assume it's a 3rd unknown track?
Yes, it's a different song than Disco Queen. It's a third unknown song from Blackhole that I've listened to many times over the years that demonstrates the awesomeness of what that album will hopefully be.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #268
Tim Simmons

Well, he'll have to front the cash to get these pressed. But what he should do is made to order set, or do a subscription service so that he has a burst of cash to get stuff pressed.

This is assuming he operates PaxAm as it's own revenue generating operation and that he keeps his own cash separate.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #269
deertick
Chin up cheer up

deertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbeburt View Post
yeah, here are his quotes and the pic from 2010.

oh yeah, p.s. the "Blackhole" LP ( recorded over Christmas in 2005 ) is also back from the mastering plant. I f'n love this thing. It took 4 years to make it and to me it is basically Love is Hell Part 3... lots of shimmery guitar love on this. Exciting times!!!

No. You never heard BLACKHOLE. only two songs ( the demo versions or rough versions of DiscoQueen and Tomorrowland ) were every out there.

total bullshit. Blackhole will go to preorder after III/IV.
don't listen to these sites with this shit or the one's that have "tour dates" or made up guarantees- they are full of shit.
The people I work with don't have websites they have telephones and they do business the old fashioned way, over lunch and in great detail.
hang in there, all 6 of you, who are still excited.

that picture is such a tease!!! ugh!!!!

thanks for posting those quotes though, that clears up a lot of discussion on here about those two tracks!!
deertick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:12 PM   #270
FoCo

So arguably the best new Ryan song to debut live in 2014, Catherine was mixed, mastered and finished in June of 2010. Sigh....
Old 08-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #271
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoCo View Post
So arguably the best new Ryan song to debut live in 2014, Catherine was mixed, mastered and finished in June of 2010. Sigh....

Originally recorded in 2005.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #272
soprano15104

soprano15104 has a spectacular aura about

Did he say Disco Queen is the first track?
soprano15104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #273
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope Catherine sounds as urgent as it does live. Because Disco Queen and Tomorrowland sound a little more laid back. Also the drum sound is ehhhhh.

Okay I'll stop naysaying now.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #274
deertick
Chin up cheer up

deertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I just hope Catherine sounds as urgent as it does live. Because Disco Queen and Tomorrowland sound a little more laid back. Also the drum sound is ehhhhh.

I really hope he releases a live album this year.... Since there will probably be no soundboards of anymore shows I would kill for a live album of the stuff he's been playing live
deertick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #275
Space Pirate
cosmonaut

Space Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post

The drums are shit indeed, which seems to be a Candiloro production trait (although III/IV drums are decent on most tracks). Easy Tiger snare hits are nails on chalkboard for me though.

I think he will wait and drop Blackhole next Christmas for the 10 yr anniversary of the recording sessions. All conjecture at this point though.
Space Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links