TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #926
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

I was thinking of going up to London to see something this week so I may catch a few hours, can't imagine it'll be full price.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #927
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

http://www.lords.org/tickets/information-availability/

Tickets at Lords for England V Pakistan - 70 a pop. 5 for kids thou!!!

I want this Pakistan team to win, there's just something about them & Afridi that you can't help but love.
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #928
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good day for the Aussies, although 4-100 is bit disappointing. Afridi is exciting to watch, but he batted like he was still playing Twenty20 today.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #929
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Eighty-Eight

....88?

Sorry?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #930
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think this thread has run its course. It's been a solid and loyal thread, but time to shut it down. RIP.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #931
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

So....Pakistan eh?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #932
Quincy
1up

It's like they can't leave England without some sort of controversy. I'll wait until it all comes out before judging, but would be a shame for Amir who had some cracking bowling performances (4 wickets for 0 runs in 10 balls for one).

It does also take the gleam off Stuart Broad's maiden test century at number 9 and the record 8th wicket partnership he and Trott made.

Sorry?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #933
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
It's like they can't leave England without some sort of controversy. I'll wait until it all comes out before judging, but would be a shame for Amir who had some cracking bowling performances (4 wickets for 0 runs in 10 balls for one).

It does also take the gleam off Stuart Broad's maiden test century at number 9 and the record 8th wicket partnership he and Trott made.
Yep. It also takes all the gloss off the "miracle" comeback Australia made against them in Sydney earlier this year. The Aussie players are adamant they won fair and square, but I can see why they'd like to think that.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 AM   #934
Quincy
1up

So Pietersen another smart sportsman to tweet.

Sorry?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #935
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
So Pietersen another smart sportsman to tweet.

I don't really get Twitter in the first place. But it's even more beyond me why famous people insist on going on it and saying stupid things. Do they think no-one will notice?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #936
Quincy
1up

Don't get why it's undisclosed

Quote:
Kevin Pietersen has been fined an undisclosed sum for a Twitter tirade which followed a decision to drop the England batsman from the one-day team.

Sorry?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #937
Izzy Eviel
I know

I am a die hard England fan. But this is too depressing. I just want Pakistan to put up a fight and show some passion. They need 10 more Afridi's.

On KP: They were right too drop him. Needs some proper batting time.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #938
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Some people here think the entire Pakistan team should be banned for six months or so because of the betting scandal.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #939
Izzy Eviel
I know

That will do nothing to solve the problem. Too much greed poverty in that part of the world. Officials prefer to ignore it. Pakistan is a mess of a country, the cricket team is all they have to cheer on. I do wonder if the cricketing world could do more to help.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #940
Izzy Eviel
I know

5 day general admin pass for the the Brisbane test is $180. What's that in pounds?

The Ashes tour down under has started. We will win. 3-1 England.

Make your predications here, whoever's closest wins a prize of some sort.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #941
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Eviel View Post
5 day general admin pass for the the Brisbane test is $180. What's that in pounds?

The Ashes tour down under has started. We will win. 3-1 England.

Make your predications here, whoever's closest wins a prize of some sort.
It's about 110 pounds I think. I'm going to predict Australia by one match and I say that with very little confidence. Australia are not playing well at the moment.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #942
Quincy
1up

Glenda has done his usual 5-0 prediction. I raccoon a 1-1 draw.

Sorry?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #943
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Glenda has done his usual 5-0 prediction. I raccoon a 1-1 draw.
I think Ooh-Ahh just says 5-0 to every question.

"More coffee Mr McGrath?"

"Five nil plz"
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #944
Quincy
1up

Oh the joys of being a student, I shall be watching 95% of this.

Sorry?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #945
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
THE England cricket team is bringing a secret Ashes weapon to Australia - a self-styled yips doctor who they hope will help prevent their players choking under pressure.

Sports psychologist and life coach Dr Mark Bawden will be in the England changerooms this summer to try to ensure the Poms don't plunge off the rails like they did in their disastrous whitewash tour of Australia in 2006-07.

On England's last tour to Australia, opener Marcus Trescothick flew home suffering depression and players became so wound up they ended up being trapped in a bubble in their hotel rooms as their cricket went from bad to worse.

Bawden, the head performance psychologist for the English Institute of Sport, has worked with British athletes at the past five Olympic Games and will be a critical part of England's Ashes war-room.

According to team insiders, Bawden has come Down Under to work on the psychological strengths of England players rather than to solve problems. However, Bawden, who is so close to the squad that he was on the England team's pre-Ashes bonding trip to Germany, has done extensive research into the yips and has even published a paper on the topic.

The yips are a problem that occurs when sports stars lose the ability to perform actions that would normally be second nature to them, like when Steve Harmison sent down his shocking first-ball wide to start the last Ashes here.

"The yips is one of sports most misunderstood phenomenon," Dr Bawden said recently. "Many have thought that it is the same as choking, caused by anxiety and pressure, when in fact it's a chronic disorder, much like a phobia. While it can be exaggerated by pressure, it's not the cause.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225950448864
Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #946
Izzy Eviel
I know

So what do you guys make of Zulqarnain Haider the Pakistani Wicket-keeper who's fled to England to escape match-fixers? I think he's done exactley the same thing I would've done if I was him.

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/con...ry/486162.html

Quote:
When asked further about the nature of these threats and who they might have come from, Haider was unwilling and unable to reveal much more. "I am not accusing anyone of being a match-fixer. I only got one guy telling me that if you can't do this or that, there will be problems, or fix the fourth of fifth ODI. I don't want to say who it is, neither do I know so much about who it is. I have only played two-three ODIs." Asked specifically if he thought players within the team were involved, he said, "I am not saying they are or are not. Only God knows that. But I did what I thought was better for everyone. I just didn't want to sell my country, my mother. The country is like your mother and if you sell that you are nothing."
It's a shame, he played with a lot of heart & pride, his team-mates could learn a lot from him.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #947
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

New Zealand gets Pakistan touring here over summer. Oh, yay.

Second year in a row. They were here last summer and played like shit. Now we know why.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #948
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

RIP Punter.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #949
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Oh look, Warnie is transforming into a Ken doll.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #950
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, what? Do I need to back-read this thread?
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links