TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #1051
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

What a terrific Test series Aus vs SA has been. I went to bed last night feeling pretty confident that we would knock the Saffers over fairly quickly - but to their credit, they really dug in. Thankfully Ryan Harris saved the day just as time was running out.

Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #1052
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

So Syd... KP's autobiography, what do you Aussie's make of it?
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #1053
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Eviel View Post
So Syd... KP's autobiography, what do you Aussie's make of it?
Haven't read it yet, not even sure if it's been released here yet. Does he dish up the dirt on Swann, Prior et al?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #1054
Izzy Eviel
I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Haven't read it yet, not even sure if it's been released here yet. Does he dish up the dirt on Swann, Prior et al?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...g-culture.html

There appears to be some truth's in what he's saying. Even Aggers has admitted some of it may be true and refused to deny the bullying claims.

Response here from Cricinfo

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/787701.html
Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #1055
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Interesting .......I'm pretty sure the Aussie team were already well aware that the English were not a happy family during the last Australian Test series.....you could sense it when the Aussies started dropping hints about the commitment and resolve of certain players. There are always mind games on both sides of course, but this time felt a little more targeted.

If that story about fieldsmen having to apologise to the bowlers for dropped catches etc is true, that is pretty ridiculous. And guaranteed to create disharmony. I thought Prior came across as a bit whiny and precious in his media appearances before being dropped in Oz, and that Swann quitting mid-tour (presumably because it all got too hard and he wanted to protect his average) was disgraceful.

KP always struck me as being a little too in love with himself for his own good, but he was always the batsman the Aussie crowd were most delighted to see head back to the pavilion. On a good day, he was the most formidable batsmen in your team, and I was really surprised he was dumped. Especially when everyone else was playing like such rubbish.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #1056
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

And so it begins......someone has very conveniently leaked top secret ECB documents about KP to Cricinfo. Have to say, his opinion of Cook seems pretty spot on to me. Probably a very nice bloke, but a tactically awful captain.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...ry/787889.html

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 10-07-2014 at 03:13 PM..
Old 11-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #1057
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Spare a thought for Australian batsman Phil Hughes, who collapsed after being struck in the head by a bouncer yesterday at the SCG. He actually stopped breathing on the field, was given mouth to mouth and rushed to hospital in a critical condition. He was operated on to stop swelling in his brain and is still listed in a critical condition. A terrible, freak accident which he hopefully recovers from.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #1058
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sadly, Philip Hughes passed away in hospital a short time ago. He was just 25 years old. RIP.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #1059
Izzy Eviel
I know

Such a waste, R.I.P dude

#Getyourbatout
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #1060
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Such a waste, R.I.P dude

#Getyourbatout
Yeah, his funeral is being held today. It's being broadcast on TV and the Prime Minister is attending.

63*
Old 12-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #1061
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Glenn Maxwell has complete brain explosion, gets bizarre golden duck in last night's Big Bash match......

Old 02-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #1062
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Well how about that 2013-14 Ashes series. That was fun I'm sure.

If it happened.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #1063
Izzy Eviel
I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Well how about that 2013-14 Ashes series. That was fun I'm sure.

If it happened.
I blinked and missed it all.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #1064
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

How about the Tri-Series final yesterday? WACA + return of Johnson = nemesis'd.

And in other cricket news - only 12 more sleeps until the World Cup.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #1065
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

I only remember us playing India.

Sorry?
Old 02-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #1066
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
I only remember us playing India.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #1067
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Who do you fancy for the World Cup, cricket-fanz?

Australia, NZ and South Africa are my top three. India might be a outside chance - I'm always loathe to write them off in anything because they are so unpredictable. I don't think their tail is anywhere near long enough though. England would need to improve a lot from their current form to make much of an impression.

But, it's the World Cup - almost anything can happen.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #1068
Quincy
1up

I fancy NZ, Kane Williamson seems to be in decent knick.

So is AB, but his quick fire 149 while impressive, was against the Windies.

Aussies have the bowling though.

England have Lord Bell.

Sorry?
Old 02-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #1069
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

It feels like NZ have never been as good heading into a World Cup as they are for this one. That combined with the tournament being at home (with the exception of the final which will be in Australia), hopes are very high here.

And yes Q, Kane Williamson is in absolutely stellar form. He's only 24 years old and has achieved so much already. He has a test average of 45.96 and an ODI average of 46.26. But if you look at the last 12 months, his ODI average is 75.30 (from 11 matches). I honestly believe he's going to become the best batsman to ever play for New Zealand.

Pretty excited about this tournament, I have tickets to the quarter-final (which NZ will be playing in)
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #1070
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

World Cup starts today

First matches:

NZ vs Sri Lanka (Christchurch, NZ)

Aus vs England (MCG)
Old 02-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #1071
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Easy wins so far to NZ, Australia, SA and India.

Today it's an unusual pairing - Ireland vs WI. The Windies finished at 7/304, Ireland to bat shortly.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #1072
Izzy Eviel
I know

Absurd to think this could be the last time the Irish compete at the World Cup. The ICC are hellbent in ruining the game just so they can grab some Indian rupees.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 AM   #1073
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Absurd to think this could be the last time the Irish compete at the World Cup. The ICC are hellbent in ruining the game just so they can grab some Indian rupees.
Yeah, there can't be too many international sporting bodies actively working on shrinking their qualification standards, instead of expanding them. It's all down to the Big Three these days though, and as you say, no points for guessing who has the loudest voice in that select group.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #1074
Quincy
1up

Looking forward to England's first game of the tournament on Friday.

Sorry?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #1075
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Looking forward to England's first game of the tournament on Friday.

I've heard the ECB are working on a radical plan to reinvigorate English cricket by only playing Afghanistan for the next decade.
Sponsored Links