TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Old 02-28-2015, 01:03 AM   #1101
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

My heart rate still hasn't come down. Not good for the nerves at all, but that was the game that this tournament needed - love the close stuff and there hasn't been enough of that.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #1102
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

What the fucking fuck was that.

There's such a crushing inevitability watching England in the one-dayers.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:27 AM   #1103
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
What the fucking fuck was that.

There's such a crushing inevitability watching England in the one-dayers.
They seemed to get a pretty good score batting first (300 had never been chased down at that venue before) but Sri Lanka just cruised without a care in the world. I almost went to this game, since it wasn't really an exciting finish I'm kind of happy I didn't. Was a pretty good batting display by both sides though, so would have been fairly entertaining.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #1104
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, England could do with some decent bowlers.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 AM   #1105
lukin
I'm talking ace

It feels really weird not having a match to watch today. I've watched at least some of every game so far.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #1106
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

South Africa v Ireland underway in Canberra right now. Haven't watched any yet, but hoping to soon. Ireland playing three spinners, which is either genius or madness.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 AM   #1107
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, England could do with some decent bowlers.
And decent batsmen not called Joe Root.
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #1108
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Apart from Warner's 178, Hamid Hassan aka Rambo was the best thing about the Oz v Afghanistan match.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #1109
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Great match between Oz and Sri Lanka yesterday. "The Big Show's lightning fast 100 was terrific fun to watch, and the Sri Lankans batting fightback was excellent. It's a pity for them that they haven't got much depth in their bowling ranks, apart from Malinga.

England vs Bangladesh this arvo.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #1110
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

I'm not shocked.

We're a shambles. Don't think I can take a summer of losing to the Aussies.

Sorry?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #1111
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
I'm not shocked.

We're a shambles. Don't think I can take a summer of losing to the Aussies.
Moores will have to go, surely? He certainly didn't help himself with that "we'll have to examine the data" comment in the post-match interview.

Just my two cents - England have been too conservative, too cautious and some of the players just seem to lack confidence. ODI's at World Cup level are now played like a blend of traditional one-dayers with T20 intensity and pace coming in at the pointy end of the match. England still seem to be playing as though 250 is a match-winning score.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #1112
Izzy Eviel
I know

I'm happy England are out, I see it as karma for they didn't want the lower ranked teams in the world cup. They're ruining the game to make a quick buck, serves them right.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #1113
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

From what I've read Moores seems to spend too much time worrying about stats and using them as a guide, rather than let the team play their natural game. Plus, he seems to have missed the memo about how ODIs have advanced in recent years. It's obviously not all his fault, but consider the rapid improvement made when Australia got rid of the stat-obsessed Mickey Arthur and replaced him with Boof?

I suspect when you are coaching at this level, man-management skills are as important ( if not more so) than the ability to micro-analyse a game.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #1114
Quincy
1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Eviel View Post
I'm happy England are out, I see it as karma for they didn't want the lower ranked teams in the world cup. They're ruining the game to make a quick buck, serves them right.

Well that's just a load of bollocks.

Sorry?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:51 PM   #1115
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Bangladesh just made a very creditable 7/288 against NZ. The Kiwis would still be favourites to win, but the amount of heart and team spirit on display in the Bangladesh side is great to watch.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:58 AM   #1116
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
Bangladesh just made a very creditable 7/288 against NZ. The Kiwis would still be favourites to win, but the amount of heart and team spirit on display in the Bangladesh side is great to watch.
Two early wickets including Brendon McCullum, looking a bit harder for New Zealand now. Being challenged is hardly a bad thing for this team right now though, in a game that it doesn't actually matter if we lose. I'm liking this Bangladesh team too.

Interesting fact - Bangladesh have beaten NZ in their last 8 ODIs (I think, maybe it's 7). Anyway, definitely our bogey team.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #1117
Izzy Eviel
I know

Quote:
Well that's just a load of bollocks.
Sadly not. The amount of self-interest & corruption in the game is something that FIFA can only aspire to. Say what you will about FIFA, at least they don't try to stop teams from competing.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #1118
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

First quarter final match now on in Sydney - Sth Africa v Sri Lanka. Brain says SA, but I'd love to see Sri Lanka win.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #1119
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

What a big pile of blah that match was. Hopefully India v Bangladesh is more of a contest.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #1120
Izzy Eviel
I know

They should copy the Rugby world cup format. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Rugby_World_Cup
Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 AM   #1121
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Just rang my phone company with a complaint, got connected to their South African call-centre, and ended up having a fun conversation with a Saffer cricket fan about the World Cup.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:43 AM   #1122
lukin
I'm talking ace

I'm at the NZ v West Indies quarter final, think we might win it from here (scored 393 batting first). Watching Martin Guptill get the highest ever individual score in World Cups was pretty amazing. The atmosphere here at the ground is something else.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #1123
Izzy Eviel
I know

New Zealand vs South Africa semi-final...What odds on AB & Mac both scoring double hundreds?
Old 03-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #1124
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Eviel View Post
New Zealand vs South Africa semi-final...What odds on AB & Mac both scoring double hundreds?
This has the potential to be a really amazing match.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #1125
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
This has the potential to be a really amazing match.
I hope so. But also that we win.
Sponsored Links