TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Video Games

Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #426
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Nearly 40 hours in thus far, and I've done two main quests.
Did you play Oblivion? How does this one campare?
Old 11-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #427
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Yeah, I've been on the Elder Scrolls bandwagon since Morrowind. I would say Skyrim is certainly better than Oblivion - the world feels bigger (though it isn't, technically), the combat is a step up, and there's more to do - they outsourced caves and dungeons to another company, this means there's no two caves the same (unlike Oblivion, which recycled the same caves over and over).
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #428
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Yeah, I've been on the Elder Scrolls bandwagon since Morrowind. I would say Skyrim is certainly better than Oblivion - the world feels bigger (though it isn't, technically), the combat is a step up, and there's more to do - they outsourced caves and dungeons to another company, this means there's no two caves the same (unlike Oblivion, which recycled the same caves over and over).
Nice. Now I am even more excited.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #429
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I treated myself to a repair kit from http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/ and spent some time yesterday replacing the connector on my NES and cleaning out all of my games. It appears to work like new again.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #430
JackStark211

Skyrim might be the best game I've ever played.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #431
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

What makes it so great?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #432
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I could have played that or Arkham City while my brother was home for break and had his xbox with him.

I picked Batman.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #433
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Skyrim might be the best game I've ever played.
I was informed at my last department meeting that 3 of my 4 co-workers are addicted to it.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #434
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
What makes it so great?
Everything.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #435
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I was informed at my last department meeting that 3 of my 4 co-workers are addicted to it.
LOL. I had a coworker take 4 days vacation time to play the damn game.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #436
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Everything.
I'm looking for some insight here, Jack.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #437
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm looking for some insight here, Jack.
The world has so much depth and beauty, the quest have been very unique and entertaining. I'm still discovering new areas that visually take my breath away. It's a game you have the option to fast travel to distant locations, but you would rather spend the extra 20 min plus going at it on foot. It also has a pretty high difficulty rate if you are not leveled up. I'm no where near completion and I've put in a great amount of hours.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #438
Rob
Administrator

Thanks for that. I don't think I'd have the patience for it at this point. Maybe 10 years ago.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #439
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Is it an RPG or is it a FPS.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #440
Rob
Administrator

Action RPG I believe. I think you can switch between FP and TP.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #441
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

So similar to something like Batman Arkham, and less like the Ice Wizard game from the movie Big?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #442
Tim Simmons

Or WoW.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #443
Tim Simmons

Not that it matters. I still haven't touched Arkham City and Bioshock comes out later this year.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #444
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give Arkham a shot. It's got a great story, which is the defining line if I really spend time on a game. And the gameplay itself is great. Let alone it looks amazing.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #445
Tim Simmons

I loved the first one. I bought the new one in day 1. But having 2 kids and moving house kinda gets in the way of video games.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #446
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Ahh, indeed. All valid reasons.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #447
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I'd give Arkham a shot. It's got a great story, which is the defining line if I really spend time on a game. And the gameplay itself is great. Let alone it looks amazing.
My friend said it was great. I might barrow it if I ever finish Skyrim.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #448
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

I found Arkham Asylum preferable to Arkham City - the nature of the locations for each game makes the first one a much more cohesive experience.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #449
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/trending/..._turns_20.html

Quote:
Wolfenstein 3-D: A Seminal First-Person Shooter Turns 20

It has been 20 years since Wolfenstein 3-D changed the course of “shoot’em up” games forever.

For those of us who remember getting jumpy in front of our PC computers, the 1992 precursor to Doom and many other games since is a first-person shooter classic. And to celebrate two decades since its inception, Bethesda Softworks, the company that now owns the property, has released a browser-based version of the game.

One of the first to present a true “3-D” view for the player, id Software’s Wolfenstein 3-D pitted a captured American spy against that most expendable of enemies, the pixilated German Nazi soldier. The game’s moving walls and secret passageways came to life in visceral ways that earlier birds-eye view-style shooting games didn’t, and helped establish a kind of game play perspective that has been used ever since.

So while Call of Duty and others are far more realistic, don’t be surprised to see some desktops showing Wolfenstein’s sharp corners this week—it’s the game that launched a thousand shooters.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #450
JackStark211

That makes me feel so so old.