TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous/Amusing News Items

Old 03-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #2551
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Miscellaneous/Amusing News Items

Yeah, same
Old 03-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #2552
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Gotta be a joke.... please

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #2553
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

I hope it is.

Think I was reading an article on the concourse or something related to one of the gawker sites and they had a bunch of screenshots of posts on stormfront... and that shit is so ridiculous I still can't believe it's real.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #2554
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Ladies, please - form an orderly queue......

Spoiler:

Old 03-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #2555
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ladies, please - form an orderly queue......

Spoiler:

Pity. He looks like he could've been a minor GOT character.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #2556
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #2557
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
Jesus.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #2558
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, no. This probably wasn't such a good idea, Social Media Person for Style Magazine.

Spoiler:
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #2559
JackStark211

Quote:
Yeah, no. This probably wasn't such a good idea, Social Media Person for Style Magazine.

Spoiler:
My wife and I will be making Irish Car Bombs after work today.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #2560
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
My wife and I will be making Irish Car Bombs after work today.

Is it a common term in the US? It would be considered pretty tactless here, and even more so I would presume, in Ireland.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #2561
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Mind you, South Africans living in Australia still get horrified when we start talking about kaffir lime trees, so I guess it's the same sort of thing.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #2562
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

This 2 year old from Australia just got photobombed by a rather large eastern brown snake. She's a very lucky little girl - browns are known to be aggressive and territorial and are the second deadliest snake in the world.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #2563
JackStark211

Quote:
Is it a common term in the US? It would be considered pretty tactless here, and even more so I would presume, in Ireland.
It is. Do you know what they are?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 AM   #2564
JackStark211

Quote:
Mind you, South Africans living in Australia still get horrified when we start talking about kaffir lime trees, so I guess it's the same sort of thing.
Why is that?
Old 04-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #2565
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
It is. Do you know what they are?
I'd never heard of it before, but I figured they were something to do with cocktails, in the same style as a Jager-bomb.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #2566
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Why is that?
Kaffir in South Africa basically means the same thing as the n-word does in the US.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #2567
JackStark211

Quote:
I'd never heard of it before, but I figured they were something to do with cocktails, in the same style as a Jager-bomb.
I usually use Guinness, Jameson, and Baileys.

Irish Car Bomb

Main alcohol: Stout, Irish whiskey, Irish cream
Ingredients: 1/4 oz. Irish whiskey, 1 pint Irish stout, 1/4 oz. Coffee liqueur, 1/2 oz. Irish cream
Preparation: The whiskey is floated on top of the Irish cream in a shot glass, and the shot glass is then dropped into the stout.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Drinkware: Shot glass, Pub glass
Old 04-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #2568
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

this new pepsi commercial is fucking nuts

who was the ad wizard that came up with it?!?
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #2569
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a5fa79d4da3f
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #2570
an old love letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post

Pretty tone deaf

Yikes
Old 04-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #2571
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:

On the upside, as a satire on pop culture, celebrity worship and social media driven political protest like #theresistance, it's actually kind of brilliant. "Woke Kendall Jenner" is a South Park-worthy idea. Probably a pretty dumb way to sell cola though.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #2572
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
On the upside, as a satire on pop culture, celebrity worship and social media driven political protest like #theresistance, it's actually kind of brilliant. "Woke Kendall Jenner" is a South Park-worthy idea. Probably a pretty dumb way to sell cola though.
true - and agreed that its way dumb

apparently its basically lifted completely wholesale from an old chemical brothers video - but without the irony

pepsi just cant seem to catch a break - betwen mj catching fire and madonna being 'controversial' with her commercial - maybe just stick to rainbows and unicorns
Old 04-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #2573
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:

apparently its basically lifted completely wholesale from an old chemical brothers video - but without the irony
lol, is that right? I'll have to check out the original. Somewhere, Jagger and Atticus from Pepsi's creative department are crying into their brunch-time cocktails and considering another line of work.....
Old 04-05-2017, 09:44 PM   #2574
sleigher

Quote:
lol, is that right? I'll have to check out the original. Somewhere, Jagger and Atticus from Pepsi's creative department are crying into their brunch-time cocktails and considering another line of work.....
haha! 'i wonder if faygo would hire us?'

heres the video:

Old 04-06-2017, 12:34 AM   #2575
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Thanks for posting. Yep, there are certainly major similarities. Makes the Pepsi ad seem even more clueless.
Sponsored Links