Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #76
shamooth
These Mad Dogs of Glory

shamooth has a spectacular aura about
Re: Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

i picked up the 29 repress. it's a little quieter, but beside that, it sounds pretty similar to my original pressing.
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #77
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Grabbed a "Follow the Lights" from Amazon for $7 and it's P. USA in the deadwax. I don't have a previous pressing to compare it to, but it sounds really good.

It's $7 on Ryan's site too but shipping alone is $10
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #78
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know if there was a recut of JCN? I don't have any major issues with the original but it would be good to know.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #79
BOZ

BOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Reviving an old thread here, but I was looking at Discogs (which I know isn't always correct) and they have the reissues of Follow The Lights and Demolition listed with different barcodes on the outer jackets than the original releases. If anyone has either of these new releases, can someone confirm that this is in fact true? I just don't want to get burned buying the same dreaded United pressings again.

Last edited by BOZ; 03-09-2018 at 05:56 PM..
BOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #80
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr79 View Post
Anyone know if there was a recut of JCN? I don't have any major issues with the original but it would be good to know.
no repress of that one. the OP isnít bad, that would be a cool record to get MOFIíd though...
Old 08-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #81
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if the current pressings of JCN are Pallas pressed /Bellman cut?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #82
JohnnyT

JohnnyT is an unknown quantity at this point

My op Cold Roses and 29 both have what looks like the letter u with a circle around it in the runoff. I'm assuming that indicates United? Really want to grab the represses but don't want to get stuck with 2 of the same pressings. The Amazon listings for 29 and CR say 2007 for the reissue, but I know people starting noticing in 2017. Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but was just curious...
JohnnyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #83
BOZ

The circled "U" is indeed a United pressing. They're not a good pressing plant at all; their releases are usually littered with surface noise, scuffs, and all kinds of defects you don't want when listening to vinyl. My United copy of Cold Roses was OK, but not great. On the other hand 29 was so pathetic, I gave it away. The re-pressing of Cold Roses is outstanding on all counts. It's wonderfully remastered and the pressing by Pallas is terrific; dead quiet, flat, and centered. Trouble is theses remasters have the same bar-code as the originals, so it's basically impossible to know what you're purchasing. I do believe the repress of 29 does have a sticker on the front indicating it's manufactured by Pallas.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #84
JohnnyT

Just got 29, CR, and Gold on Amazon, all are Pallas. Voices has a different ending on the Pallas pressing! That means remix/remaster probably, right? Gonna have to listen for 2 second differences on the others now...

Also, my 29 did not have the Pallas sticker on it, but the dead wax confirms it’s Pallas.

Last edited by JohnnyT; 02-04-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 02-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #85
mustbeburt

mustbeburt will become famous soon enough

Very interesting about the different ending! Have you heard it anywhere else before - online?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #86
ViolaGal

ViolaGal is a jewel in the roughViolaGal is a jewel in the rough

I have that Pallas 29 repress and it's not toooooo much better than my other version. It's kind of crackly, too, and whenever I listen to it (which, admittedly isn't often since it can sort of lead me to dark places if I let it) I think maybe I need to replace my cartridge. Other records don't make me think that, so IDK what is in that recording. But just to prove it this morning I listened to 29 and now Side 1 of Cold Roses which sounds awesome.
ViolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #87
JohnnyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbeburt View Post
Very interesting about the different ending! Have you heard it anywhere else before - online?
I haven't! It sounds like it was the original ending, and it was edited out in the original final mix. It's just an extra line:

Run away from the light
Run away from the light
Little one

Run away from the light
Run away from the light
if you can

The Pallas version sounds infinitely better than my OG copy, it's not even close in comparison. The guitar in Voices is so much more "there" if that makes sense. You can even hear it moving around on his lap.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #88
dtuck90

dtuck90 has a spectacular aura aboutdtuck90 has a spectacular aura about

I’ve just checked and the alternate ending for Voices is also on the high resolution download. Can’t believe it never occurred to me and I’ve had it for about 3 years at least.
dtuck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:59 AM   #89
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

It’s on the streaming services as well.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #90
dtuck90

dtuck90 has a spectacular aura aboutdtuck90 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Itís on the streaming services as well.
Strange. I just checked Spotify and it wasnt
dtuck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #91
Tim Simmons

Oh, it’s on Apple Music.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #92
Tim Simmons

Anyone order 29 recently from Amazon? They selling the Pallas pressing?
Old 02-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #93
Tim Simmons

Reading at The Hoffman forums, I guess Demolition got a new cut too?

So far, its everything through 2005 except JCN, correct?
Old 02-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #94
BOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Anyone order 29 recently from Amazon? They selling the Pallas pressing?
I just received Gold and 29 today from Amazon Canada. 29 has a silver sticker on it: "Pallas Audiophile Quality 180g Vinyl. Pressed in Germany." Gold had no indicator on it, but it is the Bellman-cut, pressed at Pallas. It's strange 29 is the album with the designation sticker on it, while all the others have nothing on them.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:42 PM   #95
BOZ

JCN hasn't been reissued. Neither has Rock N Roll. That one needs a double LP presentation. I have the original, and it's not too good. I think the debate about Demolition is still ongoing. It might be just a straight repress; it doesn't appear to be remastered by Chris Bellman like the other LPs have.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #96
Tim Simmons

I forget about rock n roll for obvious reasons
Old 02-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #97
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZ View Post
JCN hasn't been reissued. Neither has Rock N Roll. That one needs a double LP presentation. I have the original, and it's not too good. I think the debate about Demolition is still ongoing. It might be just a straight repress; it doesn't appear to be remastered by Chris Bellman like the other LPs have.
I thought the Hoff thread said it was. I’m not gonna go back to check, I was just curious.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #98
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

Slight correction. JCN has been reissued with a Pallas pressing. Thereís a new sticker for memory. I donít have one but a few people on the Archives have posted it. Amazon has a limited supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:32 PM   #99
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorgan1 View Post
Slight correction. JCN has been reissued with a Pallas pressing. Thereís a new sticker for memory. I donít have one but a few people on the Archives have posted it. Amazon has a limited supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
correct, pallas has done JCN.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:25 AM   #100
BOZ

I stand corrected. I guess there's one more record I need to purchase.
Sponsored Links