TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Suggestions and Questions
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

So whats next for TBY?

Old 02-14-2019, 02:53 AM   #26
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future
Re: So whats next for TBY?

I've been on here for 12 years and it's not for love of Ryan that I come here - I like a bunch of folks here, and find it a great place to find recommendations for other artists that I have then come to love.

But if it has to go, I get it. Would be a shame if I lost touch with some of the internet folks on here, but I guess already so many people who I liked on here have already left anyway, there's probably only a few left.

Just make sure Rob if you're going to shut it down that you give us fair warning so we can say our farewells and send this thing off into the night.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:47 AM   #27
roscoe

roscoe is just really niceroscoe is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarfuentes77 View Post
In case TBY does fade away, I'd like to take a moment to say I've been visiting this forum almost daily for a more than a decade (basically my entire twenties). I didn't post a ton, but I have truly enjoyed following along with this group of people. Other things have come and gone, but I've consistently kept checking in regularly here.

Some of the more interesting, heartfelt, and funny things I've read on the internet have been on TBY, and for that I'm grateful. Y'all are good folks, even if Ryan isn't.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
+1. Well said buddy.

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #28
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

If you decide to shut down, just wanted to say thanks. Until this point, it's been great to have a place to discuss DRA music with others.
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #29
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Well, the rent has been paid for the month so...
Old 02-14-2019, 12:42 PM   #30
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

How much does it cost to keep this place going?
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #31
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

$34/mo? (based on needed donation amount)
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #32
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Fwiw, if an investigation is really about to happen, I wouldn't shut the doors just yet. TBY is a huge archive of his online activities as is evidenced by someone pulling stuff from the Tumblr days
Old 02-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #33
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
Fwiw, if an investigation is really about to happen, I wouldn't shut the doors just yet. TBY is a huge archive of his online activities as is evidenced by someone pulling stuff from the Tumblr days
I'm sure the FBI has already been in contact with Rob.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #34
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I'm sure the FBI has already been in contact with Rob.
Too soon
Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #35
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

fucking lol. sorry bobs
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 PM   #36
Dan33185

Dan33185 is a jewel in the roughDan33185 is a jewel in the rough

Why shut it down? There is more discussion here than just Ryan Adams. If it bothers people that much, just lock the Ryan Adams specific forums and leave open the other ones. Or at worst, if you don't want to deal with it, transfer ownership to someone else here and let it live on that way.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:00 AM   #37
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I'll pay the rent.
Same.

I'm never here, but I literally think about this place daily.

In fact I was just tagged in the article on facebook 5 minutes ago. I laughed. Said I believe it, and came right here. I can't imagine my life without at least the ability to lurk and read the threads from the good ole days.

edit:clarification: I laughed before I read the article. We know he's not the most woman-friendly.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #38
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
Same.

I'm never here, but I literally think about this place daily.

In fact I was just tagged in the article on facebook 5 minutes ago. I laughed. Said I believe it, and came right here. I can't imagine my life without at least the ability to lurk and read the threads from the good ole days.

edit:clarification: I laughed before I read the article. We know he's not the most woman-friendly.
Might be the most traffic Rob's had on here in a while

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #39
shamooth

shamooth has a spectacular aura about

should we change the name to, tobeyoungbutnottooyoung.org?
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #40
mutineer

mutineer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofabitchVanOwen View Post
This is like losing alt-country.org all over again!
Losing alt-country.org was bad. I had a to take a sabbatical after that. Nice handle, by the way.
mutineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:15 PM   #41
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

It could get renamed. Send the Ryan threads to the ghost town and make it a music in general board? I don't know, I just know if it's shut down I'll miss coming here. I used to not mind the Facebook page, but they're crazy lately. Where will everyone go? Maybe I can find the people here elsewhere. Everyone has been pretty cool.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #42
ViolaGal

ViolaGal is a jewel in the roughViolaGal is a jewel in the rough

I can't deal with that Facebook page. I couldn't really deal with it before, and now, well I left it because it's just awful. A million threads all saying the same thing, the same people making the same comments on 30 different threads, nobody is listening, everyone is talking but hearing nobody is gaining any understanding or depth of nuance.

Did you ever see that episode of South Park where they blow up the internet and start a new one? The interview the first guy on the new internet and they ask him what he did, and the response is something like "I sent him a dick pick and called him an ass hole!"

Apropos of nothing, I just feel like that sometimes about the internet. It's a cesspool.

I'd just like a place to come and talk about music. I love the new albums thread. i like the thread for guitar players, not because I play but because I love music nerds. Not many people in my real life share my extra curricular music tastes. I just don't want it to be a cesspool.
ViolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #43
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Probably gonna shut it down
at least change the name eh?
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM   #44
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutineer View Post
Losing alt-country.org was bad. I had a to take a sabbatical after that. Nice handle, by the way.
hey mutineer
faithless-street.org is waiting for you
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links