TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

2012 Summer Olympics

Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
2012 Summer Olympics

It starts up in exactly 4 months. Favorite events?

Competition schedule: http://www.london2012.com/olympic-schedule

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Summer_Olympics
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Summer Olympics

I'm heading to the CONCACAF Olympic men's soccer qualifying semifinals and finals in town this weekend. The USA needed a win against El Salvador yesterday to get out of the group stage. They had the 3-2 lead, but gave up a weak goal in the last few seconds of added time to result in a draw -- they won't be here on Saturday.

With the KU game on at the same time and no USA team, it might be a pretty empty stadium that I'm going to.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I love the swimming. America is usually our main rival, although the Chinese are getting better every Olympics. Stephanie Rice and James Magnussen are both current world record holders and looking really good for some gold medals in London.
Sydneyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Athletics are always fun to watch, and the badminton and table tennis can get pretty intense.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

The Olympic Park is coming along nicely.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Two of our Olympic swimmers are in trouble for posting Facebook photos of themselves holding guns in an American gun-shop. Maybe Australian swimming officials thought they were going to try to swim the freestyle relay carrying the guns...I dunno.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

That would be exciting.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Sydneyfan

'Swim slower Americans, or we start firing into the stands"
Old 06-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

They're really in trouble for just holding guns? That's ridiculous.
God I hope I don't get in trouble from the olympics for taking facebook photos drinking in England when I was seventeen. Not that I can be in the Olympics, but you know. It's another country, come on.

They do look like bad mother fuckers with the crossed guns and all. Must have been a field day for them.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
They're really in trouble for just holding guns? That's ridiculous.
God I hope I don't get in trouble from the olympics for taking facebook photos drinking in England when I was seventeen. Not that I can be in the Olympics, but you know. It's another country, come on.
Yeah, it does seem silly. I think part of the reason is that these two have been in trouble before ( the shorter guy broke a team-mates jaw in a fight, and the taller one made up some wild story about being run over by a car when in fact he just fell off a skateboard), plus Australians in general can get pretty weird over guns.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

All you convicts can't be trusted around such weaponry.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
Sydneyfan

I was reading an article yesterday about which sports should be included in the Summer Olympics and which sports should be taken out. It was pretty biased towards Australia ( suggestions included Twenty20 cricket) but it got me thinking about the subject. I'd take out anything with music, eg: synchronised swimming, that gymnastics thing where they twirl a ribbon, and whatever else has music playing in the background.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Rhythmic gymnastics is what I think you are talking about. I could go as far as eliminating all judged sports, but diving and gymnastics fans would go nuts.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
Rhythmic gymnastics is what I think you are talking about. I could go as far as eliminating all judged sports, but diving and gymnastics fans would go nuts.
Yes, that's the one. I can certainly see the case for getting rid of all judged sports as well - especially on those occasions where the judges get over-excited and start handing out perfect 10's.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I can appreciate the athleticism of most gymnasts (rhythmic notwithstanding), so if there was a way for them to actually compete without it being in the hands of a judge, I'd be for it.

They should have some sort of American Gladiators (Olympic Gladiators) competition. That's my suggested sport. I love that show.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

And equestrian should be out of the Olympics. If it's kept in, get rid of the horse.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
robotulism
lamest gamer

But that would take out figure skating! You can't do that. That's my favorite winter sport to drink to.

Ignore this is you're strictly talking about summer sports.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
But that would take out figure skating! You can't do that. That's my favorite winter sport to drink to.

Ignore this is you're strictly talking about summer sports.
I hate figure skating. The only time it's the least bit entertaining is if it's a couple and the guy tosses the girl and she's not caught.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
robotulism
lamest gamer

You drink every time they fuck up, and it is a grand drinking game. Plus I feel so patriotic watching the fucking olympics.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
Sydneyfan

In a perfect world, I'd get rid of shooting and archery too. Unless it was like a High Noon shoot-out type thing.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
How Do You Settle a Tie at a Track Meet?

A rare and bizarre situation popped up at the U.S. Track and Field Championships on Saturday when a photo finish revealed an absolute dead-heat tie for the final ticket to this summer's Olympics. Sprinters Jeneba Tarmoh and Allyson Felix appeared to finish third and fourth in the final of the women's 100-meter dash, but the state of the art cameras that shoot at 3,000 frames per second showed that they actually crossed the finish line at the exact same time. Normally, that wouldn't be such a big deal except that the race was also being used to determine the runners who will represent the U.S. at the London Olympics next month. The U.S. is only allowed to send three runners and number four will watch from home.

Complicating matters even more is that the U.S. Track and Field association and the United States Olympic Committee had no tie-breaker rule in place, because ties at major competitions almost never happen. (Thanks to those fancy hyper-sensitive cameras.) Official announced last night that the two runners will be given a choice between a two-person run-off or a coin flip to determine who gets the Olympic spot.

Both Felix and Tarmoh (who have same coach and both sponsored by Nike) are also competing for a spot in the 200-meter race and will likely not make their choice until after that one is decided.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...ck-meet/53873/
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

So how long before Jack turns this into a thread of all of the scantily dressed women?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I think they might have changed the uniform rules for women's beach volleyball, and the Australian women's basketball team no longer is wearing a unitard, so his window of opportunity is narrowing.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Watch the diving and tell me that

Tags
australia, canada, ff's getting tingly, london, new zealand, olympics, usa! usa! usa!