TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

The Smashing Pumpkins Reissues

Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #51
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins Reissues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I'm not a fan of the James songs.
I like the James songs quite a lot. It is very different in style obviously (they wouldn't fit on the albums - although Take Me Down worked quite well I thought, but it's a bit different to his other songs). I like The Boy and Believe a lot. Blew Away is his best song though.

I've got all his solo stuff too. Neal Casal played on his solo album.
lukin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #52
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

We're not getting them here until Dec 12th. Lame.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #53
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I like the James songs quite a lot. It is very different in style obviously (they wouldn't fit on the albums - although Take Me Down worked quite well I thought, but it's a bit different to his other songs). I like The Boy and Believe a lot. Blew Away is his best song though.

I've got all his solo stuff too. Neal Casal played on his solo album.
Blew Away is wonderful.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #54
lukin
I'm talking ace

I wonder if they'll do the Adore LP in stereo, or if it will be mono again like the original release. I kind of hope stereo, since I already have the mono one.

I hope that Machina II gets a vinyl release when they get to Machina.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #55
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wonder if they'll do the Adore LP in stereo, or if it will be mono again like the original release. I kind of hope stereo, since I already have the mono one.

I hope that Machina II gets a vinyl release when they get to Machina.
I am looking forward to some of the Adore extras. I dnjoyed some of the b-sides and demos from that time over many of the actual album tracks.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #56
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I am looking forward to some of the Adore extras. I dnjoyed some of the b-sides and demos from that time over many of the actual album tracks.
I really hope that the version of Let Me Give The World To You that they recorded for Adore (they got Rick Rubin in to produce it) gets put on the Adore reissue.

I remember reading an article in Rolling Stone where they had visited the studio while they were recording it and they were saying how it seemed like a stand-out track that could be a big single. So I got all excited, then it wasn't on the tracklist for the album when it came out.

Also, they played a free concert in Germany just before the album came out which screened on TV, and they played it, and I loved it. I connected my VCR up to the stereo and transferred it to audio cassette tape - that was the only version I had of the song until Machina II came out. I do really love the Machina II version, but I have been waiting 13 years to hear the one they recorded for Adore!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #57
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

If they remaster Adore, I have a feeling the LP will just be a master cut from the new master. So my bet is it will be most likely be stereo.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #58
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Gish and Siamese Dream reissues were rich in content and kept many fans occupied over the holidays. Since the new year began, we have learned from Billy Corgan that the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness reissue might contain two bonus discs with previously unreleased audio. Also, there will be a bonus disc for the The Aeroplane Flies High reissue (previously a five-disc box set). Overall, there might be a total of 8 bonus discs with the reissues of Pisces Iscariot, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, The Aeroplane Flies High and Adore in 2012. When the reissues are completed in 2013, Billy Corgan might eventually release all of the bonus discs on vinyl.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #59
lukin
I'm talking ace

Sure knows how to keep completists happy.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #60
JackStark211

CHOWDER BAGS ARE READY TO BURST!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #61
Tim Simmons

So excited Pisces is getting a bonus disc now.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #62
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
So excited Pisces is getting a bonus disc now.
I really wonder what will be included.

Also, what else could he have recorded during MCIS that did not make The Aeroplane Flies High? I mean, between both of them we are talking about 3 bonus disc of extra material from that session.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #63
Tim Simmons

I'd bet TAFH bonus disc is going to be full versions of some of the Pistachio Melody songs. With MCIS being some outtakes but mainly demos and alternate takes. Billy confirmed on twitter that a live take of Towers of Rabble will be included. I think there are one or 2 other live only tunes from those Double Door preview shows. So maybe those could pop up. But there are a few different takes on Zero. I'm sure Autum Nocturne (early 1979) will be there as well.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #64
Tim Simmons

Speed. The other DD song was called Speed.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #65
JackStark211

Cool stuff.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #66
lukin
I'm talking ace

I'm listening to MCIS right now - still blows my fucking mind.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #67
lukin
I'm talking ace

Galapogos - one of my favourites.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #68
JackStark211

Quote:
Galapogos - one of my favourites.

The song can't be touched by most artist.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #69
JackStark211

Galapogos
Muzzle
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

These 3 songs rank with the best sequencing ever.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #70
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
Galapogos
Muzzle
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

These 3 songs rank with the best sequencing ever.
I was actually going to post this exact thought.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #71
JackStark211

Quote:
I was actually going to post this exact thought.
I was going to give you some rep points but it said that I "must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lukin again". haha
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #72
lukin
I'm talking ace

Quote:
I was going to give you some rep points but it said that I "must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lukin again". haha
That keeps happening to me lately.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #73
lukin
I'm talking ace

I'm finally watching the DVD from the Siamese Dream reissue. It's blowing my fucking mind.

I can't wait to have all of these reissues lined up on my shelf, they'll look so good.

Reckon with the Machina one they should finally put out the DVD of the final show? Might be a bit long and need its own release I think. I just really hope that does happen someday.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #74
Tim Simmons

I bet they have a show from the pre machina tour. The core lineup, one last time.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #75
Tim Simmons

The final show should stand alone.
Sponsored Links

Tags
alternative rock, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, the smashing pumpkins