TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Willow Lane 7"

Old 05-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
whiteout75

whiteout75 is on a distinguished road
Willow Lane 7"

Seems legit! Official announcement probably imminent.

https://store.yogscast.com/search.ph...pe&sprice&pg=2

A second single, Burn in the night, was also listed on the site but has been taken down now.
whiteout75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Willow Lane 7"

Quote:
I was born and raised in Jacksonville, North Carolina. A city where the salt in the air eats away at the paint on the houses and anything made of metal rusts or discolors like sweat lines in black t shirts long before its time.

When I was in middle school my family moved from an extremely haunted house into a house over behind the High School, a part of town that was edged against the woods, where I first listened to Black Sabbath on my headphones, where I first heard the call of the wild and would find myself winding the woods late at night. Where I first saw Night Flight on tv and heard Sonic Youth, Voivod and Bad Brains and where I was able to see the documentary “Another State of Mind” about Social Distortion and Youth Brigade- which my life has been about since- That movie changed me forever. Living in that little house with my new step-dad his outdoor cat had a litter of kittens ( although I protested daily they would not allow animals in the house, strangely, even though they were barbaric )… I feel so in love with the smallest kitten who couldn’t get to his food cause he was always trampled on and the only one who was almost all grey save for a single white foot. I loved him more than I had ever loved anyone or anything besides my grandparents and my Sacred Heart, Dio album. His name was Bully.

To this day my entire childhood is wrapped around this mysterious cat. He was so trusting he would allow me to put him on my lap and ride with him on my bicycle. Every single day the bus pulled up to the end of the street to drop me off ( we lived in a street that turned into a cul-de-sac so the bus couldn’t go down it ) He must have heard the sound and knew I was home… literally every day he would walk to meet me and I was run to his side. Before I reached him as he walked towards me on the sidewalk he would flop over and purrrrr. I miss him everyday.

I came home from summer school, in High School years later and he was laying exactly where he was when I was on my way to school that day and it was raining. He was laying on the front steps of my house. He had been poisoned. I would sneak him into my home and he would get kicked out. Seeing my cat like that destroyed me. I cried for three days. And then I packed a backpack full of some clothes and cassette tapes and I left home for good.

In this track Willow Lane, it was late night and I think me and Marshall were just jamming at PaxAm… I had a lot on my mind. I had recently come back from being in North Carolina for the first time in years reacquainting myself with my father and sister after a long time. My then wife didnt know how bored the Jacksonville Police Dept was or how menacing. I knew it well having grown up running from the cops for skateboarding and other acts of madness. I often wondered what percentage of kids I grew up with eventually just went to jail who stayed there. There is a feeling of bleak desperation in the summer there. I used to feel it and taunt it growing up when the warm lights of my Grandmothers house offered me so much love, like a shelter from this raging storm of nothingness outside. It made it strangely fun.

On that trip, it was just us, me and my other-half, standing in the yard of the now empty house that belonged to my GMa, the sense of loss was tremendous. I would soon lose her neighbor and my life-long band mate and brother, Allen.

We ventured back to the house, the house I moved to from South Willow Lane, this bizarre home that stood in shadow while all other house were in sunlight. The entire neighborhood was starting to fall apart. Had it always been this way?

I stood over where Bully had been buried and I could feel the sharp and awful pains of missing him so much in me. Holding him in my arms. So many days of my life were just him and me, laying in the yard reading comics- me talking to him. He was my best friend. He will always be the first and most special relationship in my life. He loved me everyday and for who I was. And our connection was intense and not at all like a boy and his cat. People who comment that he was more like a human or a dog, really and no matter where I went when I left the house he would run after me, even after the car- to the point where we would have to pick him up and bring him back home.

This song and this single are for him. I love you, Bully. I do it all for you. I only believe in the other side so I might hold you close once more and lay with you in the sunlight and not waste a single moment again of our time.

Yes or Run is a continuation of the Blue Light sound that I have been chasing, Mike V and Charlie helped me take this raw jam that was sitting on tape and shape it into something new and it makes me so proud and so happy that we continue those crazy nights at Pax…. and Red Hot Blues was a funny accidental comedic jam, many of which happen at PaxAm, one night during the writing sessions for the self -titled record- and that’s Tal on bass and Marsh on drums. Doc Patt filled in the accordion at the end of Willow Lane- so if you cry it’s partially his fault too.
Keep on Keeping On
Dispatch from Wilmington DE, May 2015
DRA
( My Summer jams this year are Nas, Don Henley, Superchunk & Dr. Dog )
Old 05-20-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
whiteout75

whiteout75 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rob. Couldn't paste it in, since I'm on my mobile...
whiteout75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
shamooth
These Mad Dogs of Glory

shamooth has a spectacular aura about

where did this go?
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely took it down because its not the current release.

To be fair the last thing we need is another Laugh When You Lie/No Shadow/Vampires fiasco where people are asking where it is week after week.

This is most likely the July single seeing as it was solicited, but nothing is official until its up on PaxAm.

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 05-20-2015 at 03:54 PM..
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Most likely took it down because its not the current release.

To be fair the last thing we need is another Laugh When You Lie/No Shadow/Vampires fiasco where people are asking where it is week after week.

This is most likely the June single seeing as it was solicited, but nothing is official until its up on PaxAm.
Isn't it more likely this (Willow Lane) is the July single, since the Burn single IS up on PaxAm with a June 23rd date?
ksuwdboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Sorry. thats what I meant. They'll announce it in June most likely.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #8
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Lord. Now a song about a cat.

I hope this comedic jam is him actually singing. Some of those are actually good. Walkedypants... not so much.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #9
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I kid. I am actually really looking forward to the song.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:23 AM   #10
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Poor Bully

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #11
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Nas, Don Henley, Superchunk & Dr. Dog...interesting combo
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #12
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Crushing story. I feel that shit so much.
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:34 AM   #13
TimbrH2001

TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough

So I guess that explains all the F'n cats...
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #14
JackStark211

So this should be for sale soon enough.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #15
FavoriteEver

There were also two others mentioned in one of the facebook groups recently. Not sure if they were legit or not though and I can't remember the titles, but they definitely weren't Willow Lane.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
Dan33185

Dan33185 is a jewel in the roughDan33185 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
There were also two others mentioned in one of the facebook groups recently. Not sure if they were legit or not though and I can't remember the titles, but they definitely weren't Willow Lane.
Those were jokes

Last edited by Dan33185; 06-23-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Dan33185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #17
FavoriteEver

Okay good. I thought it was weird to have a few come out in such a short span of time. But I can never tell what's for real and what's not in those groups.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #18
agaetisbyrjun

agaetisbyrjun is an unknown quantity at this point

That Waste of Time cover seems like something Ryan would actually use. Kinda reminds me of Black Flag.
agaetisbyrjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #19
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
Those were jokes
Oh man... the 7" thing is cool... don't buy'em if you think it's a cash grab.

I was kind of wondering how the III/IV material would be received if it came on the heels of Cold Roses broken up into singles... it'd probably get more love.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #20
Potion09

Potion09 has a spectacular aura aboutPotion09 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
He was referring to the fact that the 7"s someone saw on Facebook were literally jokes - made up by fans.
Potion09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #21
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post

I was kind of wondering how the III/IV material would be received if it came on the heels of Cold Roses broken up into singles... it'd probably get more love.
Good question. You are probably right.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #22
Lady Persephone

Lady Persephone is an unknown quantity at this point

This is so beautiful. Most people tend to think cats are selfish and stand-offish, and some of them really can be, but not all of them. Bully so reminds me of my Precious (a Maine Coon cat) that shared the same sort of intense friendship with me. She would follow me everywhere and when I was really sad, she'd climb on my chest and stay with me until I felt better.

Anyways, sorries, went a bit off-topic there . . . I admire that he made a song for his beloved kitty like that.
Lady Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #23
ksuwdboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #24
FavoriteEver

I hope I get my next paycheck before this goes on sale.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #25
ksuwdboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Starting to think we're not getting a 7" this month. Anybody know anything definite?
Sponsored Links

Tags
7 inch series, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, pulling my dick for years, ryan adams has pulled my dick again