Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Willow Lane 7"

Old 07-31-2015, 11:19 AM   #51
Js22

Js22 is a jewel in the roughJs22 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Willow Lane 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Are they in the same vein as the rest of the tunes he has been releasing lately? Or are they like the Jacksonville single?
Same vein as the ones he's been releasing.
Js22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #52
agaetisbyrjun

agaetisbyrjun is an unknown quantity at this point

It's up

http://ryanadams.shopfirebrand.com/c.../willow-lane-7
agaetisbyrjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:33 AM   #53
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaetisbyrjun View Post
Oh man... it wasn't sold out even when I hit the link. However... I'm gonna stick with digital on this one. I like Willow Lane as mood piece, the second track is ok, but not mindblowing. The blues track is weak. The cookie monster voice is the best part about it.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:42 AM   #54
BJD

BJD can only hope to improve

Up in the UK too https://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/ry...d=FB_Ryan_0041
BJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:54 AM   #55
thesewoodenideas

thesewoodenideas will become famous soon enough

Done and done. I'll hold off on checking these out til the 7" arrives. I wonder if the vinyl delays is/will affect Heartbreaker deluxe version.
thesewoodenideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #56
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

OK... I suck... I'm eating my words... good tracks, except the blues.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:29 PM   #57
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I'll be giving them a listen soon. i wonder how many more of these he has in mind?
Old 07-31-2015, 01:45 PM   #58
BadMustard

BadMustard is a jewel in the roughBadMustard is a jewel in the rough

Willow lane the song is great. It's like a mixture of Jacksonville and no shadow. Good stuff.
BadMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #59
ViolaGal

ViolaGal has a spectacular aura aboutViolaGal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
OK... I suck... I'm eating my words... good tracks, except the blues.
Yeah, the blues is really terrible. And I'm going to be super critical, the singing is stupid, but also the playing really isn't that great.
Unless. Unless you imagine that it is actually Cookie Monster and you're watching Sesame Street and Grover might be in the band, and maybe Oscar the Grouch, too? Then it's ok.
ViolaGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:00 PM   #60
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Red Hot Blues is a slap in the face to his fans.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #61
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

It is horrible.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #62
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

How can he charge money for that track and still sleep at night?
Old 07-31-2015, 03:14 PM   #63
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
How can he charge money for that track and still sleep at night?
I didn't think things could get worse than Clown Asylum & Walkedypants. Boy was I wrong.

To answer your question, I have no idea.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #64
ViolaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I didn't think things could get worse than Clown Asylum & Walkedypants. Boy was I wrong.
I went back and listened to Walkedypants again and it sounded great after Red Hot Blues.

I have such a "collect them all" mentality that I have a hard time just purchasing single tracks, but I wish I'd listened to a preview of that track first and not downloaded it like a fool fan. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #65
GoodSkanky

I like funny ryan fine, but I would have left it off. Blues parody is borderline culturally problematic too.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #66
ViolaGal

Quote:
Blues parody is borderline culturally problematic too.
Yes. I felt pretty uncomfortable the first time I heard Walkedypants.
The first thought to pop in my head after my discomfort was the scene from Weird Science when they're in the blues bar. Discomfort.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:59 PM   #67
JackStark211

I like the other 2 songs.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #68
GoodSkanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaGal View Post
Yes. I felt pretty uncomfortable the first time I heard Walkedypants.
The first thought to pop in my head after my discomfort was the scene from Weird Science when they're in the blues bar. Discomfort.
I'm not gonna say racist... that's going too far, but it's very shitty parody of an African American art form.

Walkedypants had a more limpy pace and some oddball/funny lines that might be a chuckle for a completest, but this really devalues the single.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:07 PM   #69
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Yet again, a new 7" is available before I've even received the last one. Postage to New Zealand just kills me on these, so I always try to find somewhere with reasonable shipping (it varies so much it's ridiculous, and Paxam is pretty much the worst, it's a joke). Rough Trade looked like a good deal last time for Burn In The Night but it still hasn't even shipped. I have to put so much time and effort into sourcing these, that should be payment enough in itself. But what can I do? I want them.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #70
ViolaGal

Quote:
I'm not gonna say racist... that's going too far, but it's very shitty parody of an African American art form.

Walkedypants had a more limpy pace and some oddball/funny lines that might be a chuckle for a completest, but this really devalues the single.
Absolutely. To all of your points.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:04 PM   #71
ViolaGal

Quote:

Absolutely. To all of your points. My discomfort isn't me calling out anyone else as a racist, it's just me feeling uncomfortable with that type of parody.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:52 PM   #72
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

He should keep his joke songs to one album..so I know not to buy it.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:12 PM   #73
GoodSkanky

I like most of his joke songs.... I'd buy the shit of a Werewolph or The Shit release, but these blues bits are crappy.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #74
tdlansdale

tdlansdale is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryan probably looks at the joke songs as freebies tacked on to the end.
Like Her Majesty at the end of Abbey Road or when people started adding tracks to the end of CDs when they suddenly had more space compared to vinyl.
He really only thinks of the physical 7".
When it is translated to digital they assign extra value to it though.
In other words, the physical 7" would cost the same with 2 or 3 songs I would guess.
The fact that he does not care to include downloads also points to him thinking of the physical release.
tdlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:37 PM   #75
BadMustard

BadMustard is a jewel in the roughBadMustard is a jewel in the rough

I keep saying this, but clown asylum is hilarious. Well worth the vinyl space for me.
BadMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
7 inch series, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, pulling my dick for years, ryan adams has pulled my dick again