TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > 2019 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Felice Brothers - Undress

Old 05-15-2019, 04:02 AM   #1
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough
The Felice Brothers - Undress

Album is awesome and a big return to form after the last record, which was the weakest in their entire catalog. Some of Ian Felice's best songwriting is on this record in the form of the Days of The Years, Special Announcement, and Holy Weight Champ.

They've quietly amassed an amazing catalog of songs over the past ten years.
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of
Re: The Felice Brothers - Undress

So I will be perfectly honest. I have never liked a single thing the Felice Brothers have ever put out. That is until this record, which I thoroughly enjoyed
Old 05-21-2019, 05:09 AM   #3
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough
Re: The Felice Brothers - Undress

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
So I will be perfectly honest. I have never liked a single thing the Felice Brothers have ever put out. That is until this record, which I thoroughly enjoyed
You're a bigger person than I am if you're willing to give a band's fifth or sixth record a try after not liking any of their previous work. I likely would've tapped out by then!

But I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's definitely something slightly different about it. It seems a bit more polished than previous stuff. I feel like, for better or worse, you could listen to any of their previous records and know immediately what they look like, where they come from, and how their performances feel. It's very self-consciously foot-stomping Americana. This just feels like a good record from a talented songwriter and the band around him.
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links