TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Ryan Adams Blog
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

“Wild & Hopeless” RA Video Demoa song i have...

Old 02-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #26
travelyn

travelyn is on a distinguished road
Re: “Wild & Hopeless” RA Video Demoa song i have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangledup View Post
This is interesting:

"I hope you guys are having a great weekend!!! : ) I wanted to write this message to inform everyone, that I am no longer accepting non posting members. We have just had way too many problems with troublemakers, spies, and trollers joining the board."
Spies??!

That's pretty weird.
travelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #27
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

uh oh...
Old 02-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #28
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

Wouldn't them posting be worse. Listen spies and trollers, we want you posting!

If you try to sign up to even see the board it takes a few days to get a confirmation. I don't know WHAT they're checking.

Last edited by tangledup; 02-14-2009 at 08:08 PM..
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #29
tangledup

This is the latest MM site drama: (I guess the natives are really restless in the MM camp) I actually got this e-mailed to me because I had to register to look at Ryan's posts - Now i can't get rid of her. AAHH!

Quote:
Hey All,

First off, I want to thank everyone who has been coming around as of late, to show interest in Mandy's new projects and appearances. : ) It is great to see people showing some interest again. : ) I want to notify everyone, that we have decided on some changes here regarding the board, and the site. As many of you know, we have used this site, as a promotional tool, to help spread the word on Mandy's projects. As many know, that us doing that has caused us some trouble on the end of the powers that be who deal with Mandy professionally, as they do not like fansites, or fans who promote Mandy. We have decided to just keep this site, as a fan based labor of love, for ALL MM fans to come by, visit, and enjoy, so it can be a fun thing for everyone.I will continue to give you guys updates on Mandy, as far as concert appearances, television appearances, magazines, etc. Also offering video clips, and magazine scans, along with photos when they become available. When it comes to promotions, as far as what Mandy's camp puts out, we will not be posting those up to the site. If people desire to have involvement in any promotional based stuff, they can participate through her official sources for those kinds of things. I think it is best to go this route, to avoid any lawsuits, or harrassment hassles on their end.

Also, regarding the board. We have been critisized in the past, and present of being too overly strict, by not allowing people to have opinions on things. Or post up videos, or music on the board. Those things we are backing off from and starting to allow members to participate in. We all support Mandy, as fans, but we do know she is imperfect, and is just as human as anyone else. We understand that people are going to have opinions of her, whether good or bad, and as long as people do not trash one another, or say anything too out of line when it comes to Mandy, like calling her derogatory names, etc, then I feel we can all have our opinions and insight without bickering fights breaking out. I just feel taking this approach, even on the online fanclub, will get people to post more, and not be afraid to share things as well. We still do not welcome the paparazzi photos though, as we still find them disrespectful, but we do welcome other photos that fans find of Mandy that they want to share.

We want to thank everyone for supporting Mandy, and continuing to support this site. We see there are new members who are joining us and I want to say welcome. We still want this place to be fun, and positive and as always, we appreciate everyones input. If you have any ideas, comments, or thoughts, feel free to email me at any time.

Have a great weekend.

TC,

Last edited by tangledup; 02-15-2009 at 03:52 PM..
Old 02-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #30
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is the latest MM site drama: (I guess the natives are really restless in the MM camp) I actually got this e-mailed to me because I had to register to look at Ryan's posts - Now i can't get rid of her. AAHH!

She is in High-speed marketing mode.
Not following...
Old 02-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #31
tangledup

There was a lot of changes on her site. First they wouldn't let people view any of the links unless you registered as a poster - you couldn't just read because of "spies" and "trollers". Then they said they would delete any opinion posts. But now they are going to let you have an opinion on Mandy even if it is negative.

Seriously, i can't really follow it either. But I'm not a MM fan so I'm going to have to find away to stop them from sending me their fan e-mail.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #32
gonefishing

gonefishing is just really nicegonefishing is just really nicegonefishing is just really nice

Quote:
There was a lot of changes on her site. First they wouldn't let people view any of the links unless you registered as a poster - you couldn't just read because of "spies" and "trollers". Then they said they would delete any opinion posts. But now they are going to let you have an opinion on Mandy even if it is negative.

Seriously, i can't really follow it either. But I'm not a MM fan so I'm going to have to find away to stop them from sending me their fan e-mail.
Damn spy! It was YOU they were talking about!
gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #33
tangledup

The question of the day for me is "How did they know there were spies if they weren't posting?"
Old 02-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #34
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand that post from the admin. They used to be a purely "Mandy can do no wrong" promotional site from the sounds of it. But her management didn't like that (why, it free's publicity?) so now she is changing it to a less promotional, more opinion based chat site. Which I would have thought MM's management would like even less.

It'll become the TBY of the Mandy Moore world now.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #35
tangledup

I think you're right I think Mandy's people have told them they are not the official site anymore.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #36
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you're right I think Mandy's people have told them they are not the official site anymore.
Must be something like that.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #37
the virginian
tby intelligentsia

the virginian has a spectacular aura aboutthe virginian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
It'll become the TBY of the Mandy Moore world now.
Everybody wants to be TBY.
the virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links