TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Ryan Adams Blog
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

"1.Disappearing Act2.Crossed-Out Name3.Allumette4.Something Sweet5.I知 Sorry of..."

Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Feeds

Feeds will become famous soon enough
Talking "1.Disappearing Act2.Crossed-Out Name3.Allumette4.Something Sweet5.I知 Sorry of..."

1.Disappearing Act
2.Crossed-Out Name
3.Allumette
4.Something Sweet
5.I知 Sorry of 鉄orry
6.Bad Dreams
7.Put it In Reverse
8.I知 Rags
9.I See A RainyFace
10.Damage Me
11.Roll Credits
12.Betray
13.Sinking Ships
14.I Made My Bed
15.Kate
16.Run For Your Life
17.Blank Pages

- songs I have written/made demonstrations of since last weekend or whenever MAGICK version three started. fuck.

More...
Feeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "1.Disappearing Act2.Crossed-Out Name3.Allumette4.Something Sweet5.I知 Sorry of..

Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "1.Disappearing Act2.Crossed-Out Name3.Allumette4.Something Sweet5.I知 Sorry of..

Anyone know what Allumette means? Sounds like it could be a female first name.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

I thought he was talking about metal omelettes

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Is this some kind of a rap cd like he said the other day or is this his new solo album?

confused
GILMORE104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Sydneyfan

I'm not sure what Magik is supposed to be. At least he's working I guess.

I just googled Allumette....it's the name of the female protagonist in a reimaging of the "Little Matchstick Girl" fable. It's also the term used to described thinly cut potatoes slices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allumet...Ambrose_Bierce
Old 04-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
LaCienegaSmile
Punk As Fuck

LaCienegaSmile will become famous soon enough

okay are these songs he's written besides what's on Magick or are these the Magick songs? I hope that Evergreen song and the Jessica one show up on an album.
LaCienegaSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

LCS I think right now it's anybody's guess.

But the way I'm understanding him, he wants to use the title Magick, and he's stuck with it. With this being the "third version" I think it's his third batch of songs that he's considered using for the album. I find it hard to believe he's just changing all of the same songs over & over, just seems like something he doesn't really do. Plus, like you said, none of the YouTube songs seem to be included and when he was doing those was the first we heard of a Magick album.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerqueen View Post
LCS I think right now it's anybody's guess.

But the way I'm understanding him, he wants to use the title Magick, and he's stuck with it. With this being the "third version" I think it's his third batch of songs that he's considered using for the album. I find it hard to believe he's just changing all of the same songs over & over, just seems like something he doesn't really do. Plus, like you said, none of the YouTube songs seem to be included and when he was doing those was the first we heard of a Magick album.
I think you're right...I think he's back into the dashing off of songs mode which can only be good. Reading his blogs it sounds like the ideas are starting to flow and this can only be good. And on top of that it sounds like solo sad bastard stuff to me.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome.
Keep 'em coming, man.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I'm not sure what Magik is supposed to be. At least he's working I guess.

I just googled Allumette....it's the name of the female protagonist in a reimaging of the "Little Matchstick Girl" fable. It's also the term used to described thinly cut potatoes slices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allumet...Ambrose_Bierce
He was originally talking Allumette Allemagne - which translates as German match or matchbox - so am i stretching things - wasn't JJ German (descent?)...
Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #12
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeds View Post
1.Disappearing Act
2.Crossed-Out Name
3.Allumette
4.Something Sweet
5.I知 Sorry of 鉄orry
6.Bad Dreams
7.Put it In Reverse
8.I知 Rags
9.I See A RainyFace
10.Damage Me
11.Roll Credits
12.Betray
13.Sinking Ships
14.I Made My Bed
15.Kate
16.Run For Your Life
17.Blank Pages

- songs I have written/made demonstrations of since last weekend or whenever MAGICK version three started. fuck.

More...
Has anyone heard most of these songs?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
Sunny44

Sunny44 is just really niceSunny44 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Has anyone heard most of these songs?
1.Disappearing Act
2.Crossed-Out Name
3.Allumette
4.Something Sweet
5.I知 Sorry of 鉄orry
6.Bad Dreams
7.Put it In Reverse
8.I知 Rags
9.I See A RainyFace
10.Damage Me
11.Roll Credits
12.Betray
13.Sinking Ships
14.I Made My Bed
15.Kate
16.Run For Your Life
17.Blank Pages

Allumette was one of the digi singles. Sinking Ships= Sink Ships from Cardinology, Crossed Out Name is on there too. Of the others, 1,5,6,8,9, 11 and 17 were songs on his blog at one point or another.
Sunny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links