TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Ryan Adams Blog
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Jwlz- rockin a James Taylor Martin. happy bookstore jammin. that...

Old 09-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #26
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of
Re: Jwlz- rockin a James Taylor Martin. happy bookstore jammin. that...

is sweet tea tea with sugar in it, or something else?
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #27
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

I saw the similarity to JJ too.
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #28
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

If Ryan is looking to play in a mall, he should come here....I live right across the street from the Bramalea City Centre.

We've got a comic book shop next to the food court.

Ryan, I'll buy you a Dairy Queen Blizzard and the latest issue of Batman.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #29
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris wheel junkie View Post
Pretty much.
It's a southern thing.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #30
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Well MM was a woof by comparison to JJ. This one...I don't find her cute. I thought JJ was classy.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #31
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes, sugar. Definitely a southern thing. But the trick is to add the sugar while the tea is hot and it dissolves. If you add it when the tea is cold (like adding sugar to unsweet tea in a restaurant), it's not the same.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #32
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
I thought JJ was classy.
Ditto.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #33
ferris wheel junkie

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

wait... it's cold tea with sugar in it?

i'm so confused.

how is tea with sugar in it in any way southern?

do people elsewhere drink un-sugared tea cold? (iced tea? why would you drink that if it wasn't sweet?)
Old 10-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #34
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Quote:
wait... it's cold tea with sugar in it?

i'm so confused.

how is tea with sugar in it in any way southern?

do people elsewhere drink un-sugared tea cold? (iced tea? why would you drink that if it wasn't sweet?)
Well, when you first make the tea and it's hot, you add sugar to it, then put it in the fridge to make it cold. That's how we do it in the South. Northerners drink iced tea without sugar in it, and if you order sweet tea, you get a glass of unsweet tea and some packets of sugar.

Does that make sense? I agree, why would you drink tea without sugar in it? But some people do. Weirdos
Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #35
ferris wheel junkie

i drink tea without sugar. generally i drink tea hot.

sometimes i buy ice tea rather than a fizzy drink, because they're sweet, but don't have bubbles.

i'm still finding this whole sweet tea thing odd. does anyone drink tea the regular way, hot and with perhaps a splash of milk? assam? orange pekoe? english breakfast?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #36
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

I'm a Red Rose orange pekoe addict...milk and tons of sugar.

All this sweet tea talk is confusing me, too.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #37
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Spend any amount of time in the South, and you gain a love for sweet tea.
I made some for all my friends back here, and they loved it.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #38
ferris wheel junkie

ok, i looked it up on google, but i'm still confused.

so you boil sugar and water, add tea bags and leave it for a while, then you put it in the fridge... is that what southern sweet tea is?

but do people not drink actual tea?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #39
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

I've had Starbucks sweet green tea with lemonade....Is that the same?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #40
RainstormB

RainstormB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
S'lovely.
RainstormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #41
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Yep, you boil water, add tea bags, let it sit for a while, add sugar while it's still hot, then refrigerate. We do drink hot tea occasionally but it's not the cultural phenomenon that sweet tea is And if you want hot tea, you have to specifically say "hot tea."
Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #42
ferris wheel junkie

but why not just drink real actual tea? wouldn't it have that weird aftertaste cold?

who knew that tea could be so confusing!!?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #43
ferris wheel junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post

Yep, you boil water, add tea bags, let it sit for a while, add sugar while it's still hot, then refrigerate. We do drink hot tea occasionally but it's not the cultural phenomenon that sweet tea is And if you want hot tea, you have to specifically say "hot tea."
that is so bizarre.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #44
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

Quote:
but why not just drink real actual tea? wouldn't it have that weird aftertaste cold?
what do you mean by "real actual tea"?

i never knew tea had so many differences around the world!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #45
ferris wheel junkie

real actual tea from my perspective
i'm being silly.

my family drink more tea than water, it's such a daily part of life... to think that there are more options than making it from loose leaves or a tea bag, or made in a cup or teapot.

i guess we're still quite irish in some ways.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #46
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Dammit.

I hope my mom has some teabags.
I wanna make some sweet tea now.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #47
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
real actual tea from my perspective
i'm being silly.

my family drink more tea than water, it's such a daily part of life... to think that there are more options than making it from loose leaves or a tea bag, or made in a cup or teapot.

i guess we're still quite irish in some ways.

I highly recommend you try making sweet tea sometime! you'll love it. Roxy's suggestion is a great way to do it. One way that we do it in Virginia is to just brew regular tea. Then I take some sugar packets (4) pour it on a glass of ice. squeeze two cuts of lemon over the ice. then pour the tea on top.

Not nearly as traditional as roxy's, but it may be the best way for you to make it over there.
GILMORE104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #48
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
Dammit.
I hope my mom has some teabags.
nevermind, I won't go there...

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #49
LaCienegaSmile
Punk As Fuck

LaCienegaSmile will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post
Well, when you first make the tea and it's hot, you add sugar to it, then put it in the fridge to make it cold. That's how we do it in the South. Northerners drink iced tea without sugar in it, and if you order sweet tea, you get a glass of unsweet tea and some packets of sugar.

Does that make sense? I agree, why would you drink tea without sugar in it? But some people do. Weirdos
hey Roxy..you watch your tounge No you are right, here in PA when you ask for iced tea it ususally comes without sugar in it and you add your own. Don't know why.

And FWJ I drink tea, called "hot tea" here, with milk and sugar every morning.
LaCienegaSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #50
Kinkyreggae
Badass INC...

Kinkyreggae is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCienegaSmile View Post
hey Roxy..you watch your tounge No you are right, here in PA when you ask for iced tea it ususally comes without sugar in it and you add your own. Don't know why.

And FWJ I drink tea, called "hot tea" here, with milk and sugar every morning.
same over hear in jersey..

but ok, this went from discussing the hotness of julia to sweet tea...

does anyone have any pictures of ryans old loves? i am curious to see what his previous choices in women are.
Kinkyreggae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
beth orton, carrie hamilton, jessica joffe, juliana hatfield, leona naess, mandy moore, mm get high calm down, parker posey, ryan's love life, tea, wok's mom