TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Ryan Adams Blog
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

sarah see what even IS that site?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #26
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute
Re: sarah see what even IS that site?

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #27
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Any publicity is good publicity. Ryan knows this.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #28
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post

"Those people" are the ones who buy tickets to your shows, buy your albums, buy merch, buy your books, have spent money buying whatever it was you are putting out, who have supported you for many many years...

Who cares? You should.
yeah, what I was thinking too.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to this whole Sarah thing because really, I think Ryan is the one who comes away looking worse, not so much her. I mean, is it really shocking a fan would do something to get the attention of somebody they like?
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #29
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

you know, what i love the most about ryan is that everything he does, at least he does it with absolute sincerity. reading foggy and the crazy ramblings i loved it because it felt at least honest. it's just disconcerting to me that all it would take to pique ryan's attention is a trip down to urban outfitters to get a now-generic sonic youth t-shirt, pick up a few books and pout lovingly. this may be what the girl is truly like as a person, but it doesn't smack of sincerity to me.

the artist versus fan thing is something that plays on my mind a lot though. i saw cat power years ago and she was literally falling over the stage, and people were getting annoyed at her for not singing and i felt angry because she's not a jukebox and this darkness is where she gets her songs and why should fans accept one part and not the other.. and i tried to rationalize my feelings about the blog in context with this. but when you bring things to a public forum, you're bringing whatever issue it is into public opinion.. so it's not like i'm irritated i went and saw ry live and he got utterly drunk and didn't play one song - i could handle that because it least i knew what beauty could come from this (and boy did he do it with sincerity)... i'm irritated because he's conducting this weird hipster photo-off on a public blogging interface and can't even chillax enough to take a bit of criticism.

i guess i'm trying to say that yes i'm a ryan adams fan but i don't expect anything from him - i just appreciate what i like and don't listen to the rest. but when it comes to doing something like this on a blog, it's only fair to treat it like any other blog-falling out and roll my eyes as far back into my head as i can. so really it's not about respecting the fans or the money spent on buying albums and concert tickets; it's kinda about that age old phrase, if you can't stand the heat - get out of the fire. or at least pout and wax lyrical about the moon in private message format.
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
thunderoad
Real Gone

thunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of lightthunderoad is a glorious beacon of light

i have never been more proud to be a TBYer, i mean with all sincerity!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #31
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Any publicity is good publicity. Ryan knows this.
Correct. Thanks Ry Ry!!
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #32
religiousmishaps

religiousmishaps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkhamAsylum View Post
No kidding,.... was written in a way that I wished it was just sarcastic humor, but sadly it looked more like a cult following, emphasis on cult.

Whoa. Wait. This isn't a cult? But I brought all this punch!

I read both sites every day :sigh: Post seldom.

People here are more polite and responsive. But maybe cause I'm not RA. So I don't get this.

I've never posted a question on this board that didn't get a respectable response within hours.
religiousmishaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #33
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nully View Post
A shout out is a mother fuckin shout out.
Exactly right.
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #34
religiousmishaps

religiousmishaps is on a distinguished road

This thing with Sarah. She's old enough that it's not "irresponsible."
No one needs to stand up for a 26 yr old woman.
Nor do you need to condescend.

I think she knows exactly what's going on. If you had his attention, you would repeat the behaviors that kept his attention and downplay the ones that didn't get a response.

He disappears a lot. You want him to disappear? Keep it up.

I'm not saying I have any love for ass licking. And, oh, how the ass licking occurs. But there's shades of gray between that and FUCK YOU!
religiousmishaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #35
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by religiousmishaps View Post

He disappears a lot. You want him to disappear? Keep it up.
But he always comes back. Always. I really doubt anything we or any other message board says about him would make him stop blogging forever.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #36
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I personally wish he would disappear. He needs a break from the internet.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #37
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Actually disappearing for a while might be a good course of action for him right now.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #38
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #39
TracyAnne

TracyAnne will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
Actually disappearing for a while might be a good course of action for him right now.
I second that.
TracyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #40
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YurzTruly View Post

bot and EG too. and I was already a member here, but didn't start visiting much until those two joined.

Rob - how many new members have signed up this weekend?

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #41
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

So who wants to start the campaign to throw Ryan's laptop into the Yarra River or Sydney Harbour when he comes down this way next month? Takers?
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #42
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
So who wants to start the campaign to throw Ryan's laptop into the Yarra River or Sydney Harbour when he comes down this way next month? Takers?
yes!
maybe he should go in too.
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #43
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

What the fuck is going on. Can someone break this down for me?
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #44
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrigidRoses View Post
What the fuck is going on. Can someone break this down for me?
Ryan was flirting and being generally creepy with an uberfangirl on the tumblr blogs. Some people here commented on it via their tumblr blogs and then the girl posted here defending herself. Ryan then called TBY - and his fans -"dumb" etc in his blog. Never a dull moment in Ryanland.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #45
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Ryan was flirting and being generally creepy with an uberfangirl on the tumblr blogs. Some people here commented on it via their tumblr blogs and then the girl posted here defending herself. Ryan then called TBY - and his fans -"dumb" etc in his blog. Never a dull moment in Ryanland.
This is ridiculous.

Ryan is such a stupid shit.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #46
Sydneyfan

Quote:
This is ridiculous.

Ryan is such a stupid shit.
Oh yes Telling your fans they are stupid is always a clever move.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #47
FrigidRoses
Choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Oh yes Telling your fans they are stupid is always a clever move.
This coming from a celebrity who uses his public blog to pick up women. Classy.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #48
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

I think we are lovely folks here at TBY.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #49
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewis View Post
I think we are lovely folks here at TBY.
I think so too. I also think that in general the regular posters on this board show far more respect and tolerance to one another than Ryan shows his fans.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #50
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

Quote:
This coming from a celebrity who uses his public blog to pick up women. Classy.
oh yeah, and not just one woman at a time either. there's at least three to flirt with and three to be vicious to at a time. celebrities or girl fans only, tnx. oh, and amanda apple, who was silly enough to let him blog her photo, whoever she is.
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blahblahblah, blog shoutout!, liar, manipulative ryan, quincy is sarah, ryan hates tby, ryan is a bitch, ryan is a liar?, sarah, sarah is quincy, tumblr sluts, unapproved fansite, we be l o s e r s