TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Ryan Adams Blog
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

BALANCE

Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #51
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold
Re: BALANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
My guess, next resurrection will be Foggy.
He still has a blank foggy account on tumblr so that would make sense.

I don't believe we've seen the last of him.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #52
gonefishing

gonefishing is just really nicegonefishing is just really nicegonefishing is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
He still has a blank foggy account on tumblr so that would make sense.

I don't believe we've seen the last of him.

It's a strange obsession, one i don't really understand. Is this unique to him, this compulsion to post, to 'share'? Or does it happen to a lot of people out there who blog? And what part of it is the need? Sometimes he seems happy just posting simple pictures and stuff, but then comes the really personal stuff. Why make it public? Why write about his 'lover's voice in the morning' when she is with him? If that were me, I'd be really upset about such intimate stuff being broadcast to so many strangers, especially when everyone knows who he's talking about.

Does anyone have any insight into the compulsion? I find it very hard to understand.

Ps. I should add that I used to smoke so I certainly understand that kind of compulsion. Is it the same thing?

Last edited by gonefishing; 02-09-2009 at 12:13 PM..
gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #53
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

I am anxiously awaiting the return of Foggy v. 3.0 (beta)
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #54
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
It's a strange obsession, one i don't really understand. Is this unique to him, this compulsion to post, to 'share'? Or does it happen to a lot of people out there who blog? And what part of it is the need? Sometimes he seems happy just posting simple pictures and stuff, but then comes the really personal stuff. Why make it public? Why write about his 'lover's voice in the morning' when she is with him? If that were me, I'd be really upset about such intimate stuff being broadcast to so many strangers, especially when everyone knows who he's talking about.

Does anyone have any insight into the compulsion? I find it very hard to understand.

Ps. I should add that I used to smoke so I certainly understand that kind of compulsion. Is it the same thing?
I have dated some who blog way more detailed things about their relationships (and even their own bowel movements). I personally wouldn't be upset about a nice poem.

People blog because they have things to say and no one to talk to irl.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #55
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

If you have an addictive personality you are always likely to be addicted to something. I think you have to take everything Ryan chooses to share with a pinch of salt. He's not always very truthful.

"lover's voice in the morning" is actually quite a sweet line. One of his better ones.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #56
babyklipklop
blobby fish

i think i would be more upset if he said "lover's bad breath in the morning"
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #57
gonefishing

gonefishing is just really nicegonefishing is just really nicegonefishing is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyklipklop View Post
i think i would be more upset if he said "lover's bad breath in the morning"
Haha, good point!
gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 AM   #58
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post

I think she was okay as long as he posted nice photos of them, but upset when he began following and reblogging others tumblrs
Upset in the same way she should have been when he blogged mean things about her?? I'm still having a problem accepting how she could ever get over that. Low self-esteem to the max!
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #59
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
Upset in the same way she should have been when he blogged mean things about her?? I'm still having a problem accepting how she could ever get over that. Low self-esteem to the max!
I'm not sure she was ever aware of those blog-attacks. Maybe?
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #60
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Mountain View Post
I'm not sure she was ever aware of those blog-attacks. Maybe?
if there were a way i could call her up and let her know about those, i would so totally do it. i would have commented it on her blog but the comments are disabled. god i never thought the day would even come where i would be wanting to comment on mandy moore's blog... ryan why have you taken me down this road?
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #61
babyklipklop
blobby fish

he's that asshole ex-boyfriend you keep on coming back to, whilst your friends tell you not to.

did i really just say "whilst?"
Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #62
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyklipklop View Post
he's that asshole ex-boyfriend you keep on coming back to, whilst your friends tell you not to.
I couldn't agree more. Damn you, Ryan Adams.

Oh, but he gives GREAT music. Mmm...hooks me in every time.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #63
Sunny44

Sunny44 is just really niceSunny44 is just really nice

Didn't she have or let some friends of hers make some nasty comments about him to the press, too? Does anyone really think that anybody outside the two people involved have any idea what goes on or went on between them? I have no opinion on whether this is a good or bad thing for either RA or MM but I have enough trouble deciphering my own relationships when I know what's going on much less someone else's when I don't, much less RA who probably doesn't know what he wants anyway.And she's an actress. How people who live in that environment ever know what's real and what isn't is beyond me.
Sunny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #64
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

Yes, she and her friends made some public statement about him as well. Her friends said he "wasn't very nice to her" and she said he was "immature". I think both RA and MM are quite odd to be honest. I believe both of them would like MORE celebrity notoriety not less.

I agree with Sunny - we have NO idea what transpires between those two and I for one would hate to know.
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links