TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Elvis Costello - Momofuku (April 22)

Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Elvis Costello - Momofuku (April 22)

Meh, shoot me but I'd still prefer a CD.
Not happy Elvis.

Quote:
Momofuku Coming, But Not On CD">Add Elvis C. to the list of artists with an unusual release angle in this ever turbulent music industry. According to Billboard, his forthcoming album Momofuku -- the tasty sounding follow-up to 2004's The Delivery Man -- is out 4/22 on Lost Highway as a vinyl LP and "digital download code" that comes with the package, but no CD. Seems smart, seems like a fine way to appease both the young and the old. Billboard also reminds us that Costello's opening up for the Police's North American tour this summer, which opens 5/10 in Chicago. He has headlining dates before that. You can see a few at Costello's site.
http://music.blogdig.net/archives/ar...Not_On_CD.html
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of
Re: Elvis Costello - Momofuku (April 22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Meh, shoot me but I'd still prefer a CD.
Not happy Elvis.
My thoughts exactly.
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand the logic of doing this. Particularly in this case, since it seems you have to buy the vinyl to get the code for the digital release. I'm just not going to buy vinyl when I don't even have a player and have no desire to get one.
Maybe it's a way of creating hype about the new album, and hopefully the CD will make an appearance shortly anyhow, but I can't see the benefit in annoying a large section of your fanbase.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

According to billboard, this album's getting a CD release on May 6th. Also, Elvis is getting his own tv show! Both news items can be found at this link.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I love how you can just say you're not releasing this on CD by saying so in a press release, thereby guaranteeing you press time. But it's really just a normal release except the CD is a week or two later.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #6
Sydneyfan

Damn you, tricky Elvis Costello! But I shall buy your CD anyhow.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 AM   #7
Sydneyfan

Oh, and others probably knew this already, but I wasn't aware until I googled....Momofuku was the inventor of instant noodles as well as being the name of a trendy noodle bar in NY.

Costello already has an another album named after a store (the covers album Kojak Variety) so I guess this is not exactly new for him.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
Sydneyfan

Finally got this last night and after one listen through, I'm really impressed. It's more stylistically diverse than his last couple of albums I think and several of the tracks have echoes of some of his earlier classics. Harry Worth, Turpentine, Flutter and Wow and Stella Hurt are the initial stand outs for me.

I just wish the CD had come with a lyrics booklet.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
SkortBrun

"Stella Hurt" was my initial favourite, but now I think "Pardon Me, Madam, My Name is Eve" is my favourite.

Glad you like it, C.
Sponsored Links

Tags
elvis costello, momofuku