TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Felice Brothers - The Felice Brothers (March 4, 2008)

Old 03-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Felice Brothers - The Felice Brothers (March 4, 2008)

Out of interest there is a live recording on Dime and I think also on etree. I really want to hear what they sound like live as I'm not likely to get to a show.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #27
wonderwheel

wonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of light

two things:
a. i just read this thread and am kinda surprised people didn't like the live show. i like the album, but thought they were way better live. raw and fun and dynamic and just the right level of loud.
2. does anyone own this on vinyl? and if so, what speed does yours play at??
wonderwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #28
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I have the vinyl, but haven't listened to it in a long time. I'll try to remember to check for you.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #29
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheel View Post
two things:
a. i just read this thread and am kinda surprised people didn't like the live show. i like the album, but thought they were way better live.
I just backread and I get the criticism. When they're drunk the live show suffers big time. I've seen them on nights when the bass player can barely keep his eyes open. Also, the drummer can get really annoying if you watched him for too long - he's no longer in the band though

That being said, their show in nyc was the best show I've seen all year, maybe even the past couple of years. It probably had a lot to do with the venue and the crowd, but I think if you catch them on a good night it's kinda mind blowing.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #30
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Mine plays at 33 rpm
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #31
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheel View Post
two things:
a. i just read this thread and am kinda surprised people didn't like the live show. i like the album, but thought they were way better live. raw and fun and dynamic and just the right level of loud.
2. does anyone own this on vinyl? and if so, what speed does yours play at??
I think the live show is amazing. As does everyone I've ever taken to a show. Not sure who doesn't like it

**Edit** Re-read the thread. Only one person commented about not liking the live show. I definitely wouldn't take that as a consensus. Although I must admit that the last time I saw them Farley had become rather annoying.

Last edited by littleamen; 12-06-2009 at 12:18 PM..
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #32
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

sometimes I think Farley is confused about what kind of band he is in.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #33
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
sometimes I think Farley is confused about what kind of band he is in.
Last time I saw them, he thought he was in a hip-hop band.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #34
wonderwheel

wonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Mine plays at 33 rpm
mine is playing at 45. and i've tried everything to make sure i'm not crazy, but its at 45 that it sounds normal. its kinda disconcerting.
wonderwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #35
littleamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleamen View Post
Saw these guys last night. What an AMAZING show. They absolutely rocked. I think you must have seen them on an off-night Sipowiz, because I didn't see any sign of "trying to hard" or being disingenuous. I can see where there may be a couple of them that have the tendency to be completely fucked up, but they sure kept in under wraps last night.

They're passing through Madison and Chicago in the next few days, ya'll should be sure to catch them. Justin Townes Earle is opening and he was excellent...as well as being a super nice guy.
I can't believe I used JTE and "super nice guy" in the same sentence once upon a time.

And oh how Felice brother fell once Simone left. They were exactly as Sipowtiz described them every time I've seen them since that one night in Minneapolis.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #36
littleamen

So, the new record? How are we feeling about that?

Enjoyable enough I guess. Probably need to listen another time or two.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #37
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleamen View Post
So, the new record? How are we feeling about that?

Enjoyable enough I guess. Probably need to listen another time or two.
I think it's the weakest thing they've released by a pretty substantial margin. Everything up to and including Celebration, FL was amazing, IMO, but the two records since have each been a step down. While not as consistent as earlier releases, Favorite Waitress did have a few great songs in Bird on Broken Wing and Meadow of a Dream. There's nothing on the new one that reaches those heights, and the filler is pretty uninspired.
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links