TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

UK Tour?

Old 03-01-2019, 05:12 AM   #26
sam ti

sam ti is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UK Tour?

UK & Ireland tour cancelled https://twitter.com/RoyalAlbertHall/...22579456401408
sam ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:14 AM   #27
sniffer17

sniffer17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gutted.
sniffer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:14 AM   #28
Alan57

Alan57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffer17 View Post
Gutted.
You couldn’t / didn’t expect it to go ahead surely.
Down the front at every show would be hecklers yelling abuse.Nothing good could possibly have come from it.
Alan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:00 AM   #29
danger8504

danger8504 is infamous around these parts

Thank God, this was cancelled. Could not imagine how big of shit show this would have been.
danger8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:01 AM   #30
millaa

millaa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan57 View Post
You couldn’t / didn’t expect it to go ahead surely.
Down the front at every show would be hecklers yelling abuse.Nothing good could possibly have come from it.
We all expected it, but because it took this long to cancel got us wondering why/hoping. But for sure, he would have been mullered.
millaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #31
delvis

delvis is on a distinguished road

I think the pressure to cancel by the people with tickets is really why this happened. I don’t actually think they wanted to cancel.
delvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #32
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

Is this thread closed too?
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #33
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenie Smith-Macbeth View Post
Is this thread closed too?
Stop it and take the hint.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #34
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Stop it and take the hint.
What? That honest discussions won’t be tolerated? Asking me to explain myself and then shutting down a thread two seconds later seems rather strange to me, on a message board.

No one was being attacked.
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #35
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Good lord I've never seen so many people get banned from this forum in my years coming here.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #36
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

I kinda enjoy watching this like a soap opera.
BigColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #37
Knotnow

Knotnow will become famous soon enough

So I noticed Sharper C’s twitter got locked at the same time as Ryan’s. I wonder if this is all his reaction to the tour being cancelled? Or if this has something to do with his investigation. I saw on Reddit someone said Ryan’s account had been locked by twitter. Not sure if it can really be differentiated between a user or twitter locking it down.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #38
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Twitter doesn’t lock accounts. He or his people did it. If he has people anymore.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #39
Knotnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Twitter doesn’t lock accounts. He or his people did it. If he has people anymore.
Yeah that’s kind of what I figured. I’d never heard of Twitter locking an account before that.

To be honest I’m surprised his accounts stayed open this long after all this. I had started to wonder if he was maybe told to leave them open by his lawyers.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #40
Smokeycat

Smokeycat will become famous soon enough

Totally fucked off with all this. From a personal point of view lost £165.00 on a hotel booking in Cambridge (not refundable) & I’m sure countless others have lost similar amounts regarding travel & accommodation to these cancelled shows.
However I think the right decision was made to cancel the tour.
Very disappointed that as far as I can see no apology given from the RA camp. I just hope that this all gets positively sorted & Ryan gets back on the road ASAP because despite this entire sordid episode I for one will be there!
Smokeycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #41
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeycat View Post
Totally fucked off with all this. From a personal point of view lost £165.00 on a hotel booking in Cambridge (not refundable) & I’m sure countless others have lost similar amounts regarding travel & accommodation to these cancelled shows.
However I think the right decision was made to cancel the tour.
Very disappointed that as far as I can see no apology given from the RA camp. I just hope that this all gets positively sorted & Ryan gets back on the road ASAP because despite this entire sordid episode I for one will be there!
I´m sad about the cancelled shows, too.
I also have non refundable flights & hotels bookings. I don´t live in the UK. When the newspaper article was published I had the feeling the tour might get cancelled which crushed me already, then. But I started to have new hopes, again the tour would go on till yesterday and I wouldn´t have mind a solo tour!
I was looking forward and getting excited for those venues & shows but reading the continuing hateful messages on Twitter or fanpages, which since then I left as I couldn´t bare with so much hate of fans and people demanding a refund for their tix I started to doubt it, again.
Yes, so far it was the best choice to cancel the tour as being under pressure by so many angry people the gigs wouldn´t have been fun but I´m really sad it got cancelled.
Otherwise it looked to me as the tour wouldn´t have been cancelled so far.

I don`t know was there ever in music history a similar scenario?
The upcoming release of the first of three albums, an upcoming tour already booked and then suddenly all is gone because of a well timed published newspaper article and the power of several opinions through social media is enough to have power over people.

I guess nobody expected such news!

I´m still confused as the newsarticle messed up more with my mind then bringing facts. I had the impression the article was written like a gossip newspaper and had only a taste of an objective frame.

Well, I really hope that Ryan Adams can survive this!
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #42
BigColors

Kind of weird, i've noticed comments starting to die down on this forum. Have we finally exhausted all things DRA, or are we waiting for more news to break IF there is more to break?

Kind of speaking subjectively.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #43
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I think most people are done and there is nothing new to discuss and looks like there won't be for quite some time.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:53 PM   #44
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
Kind of weird, i've noticed comments starting to die down on this forum. Have we finally exhausted all things DRA, or are we waiting for more news to break IF there is more to break?

Kind of speaking subjectively.
And those who were just here to stir the pot haven't had anywhere to play since the Perv thread got locked.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #45
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

There was actually some objective discussions going on in that thread before it was locked. But I guess there was nothing new being talked to, rather a rehashing of the same over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:58 PM   #46
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I think most people are done and there is nothing new to discuss and looks like there won't be for quite some time.
kind of relieved honestly
Old 03-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #47
niebuhr
Copenhagen Calling

niebuhr is on a distinguished road

Doubt there'll be much to discuss until Ryan comes forward next. Could be months...

Very pleased my tickets got refunded!
niebuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:14 AM   #48
Knotnow

I almost feel like I don’t want there to be any more news in hopes that there are no more big revelations. I’m guessing Ryan will stay quiet until his FBI inquiry is completed. But yes,it’s definitely gotten quiet around here.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #49
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
I almost feel like I don’t want there to be any more news in hopes that there are no more big revelations. I’m guessing Ryan will stay quiet until his FBI inquiry is completed. But yes,it’s definitely gotten quiet around here.
i mean how much longer can we beat the same thing to death without anything new coming out? Think everyone that came out to talk about the initial news is back to wherever they went. Things will be quiet until new information comes out or whatever random topics spring up in the meantime.
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #50
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
i mean how much longer can we beat the same thing to death without anything new coming out? Think everyone that came out to talk about the initial news is back to wherever they went. Things will be quiet until new information comes out or whatever random topics spring up in the meantime.
I'll cheers to that
Sponsored Links