TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What next?

Old 01-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #26
sleigher

sleigher is a glorious beacon of lightsleigher is a glorious beacon of lightsleigher is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano15104 View Post
That would be a good one! I thought he mentioned a while back that it's not a complete session though? He only recorded a handful of songs with Scott Litt? I could have this mixed up with another session.
hmm - not sure which session that might be - maybe the cowboy technical sessions?

heres what i know of the litt sessions:

On April 15th, 2002, after a hectic schedule of touring and recording, Ryan Adams and his current band - The Sweetheart Revolution went into a Nashville studio to lay down tracks for what would be their follow-up to Gold. The band recorded 19 songs with legendary producer - Scott Litt, under the working title of Saturday Night Feverblister. The recordings were rumored to be part of Ryan's long awaited box set of unreleased albums. Unfortunately nothing has been mentioned of it in years. One song titled "Suspicion" was released as a b-side on the "Wonderwall" single in 2004.

If the concerts in early 2002 were any indication of what these sessions sounded like, the group was headed towards a darker, more bluesy, and harder rocking set of songs. Below is a list of the new songs that were played live around this period, but have yet to show up on a studio album:

Baby Treat Me Right (Psalms)
Coma White
Come on Little Girl
Diamonds or Hearts
I'm Just Trying to Take You Home
Mix Tapes
Queen of the World
Shakin Blues
Shotgun
Trapped in the New World
Vampire
What's it to Ya?
Do You Want it?

http://mega-superior-gold.blogspot.c...cott-litt.html

if you find out more information on the litt sessions lemme know - curious - if he mentioned it on social media i wouldnt have seen it since im blocked
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #27
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Black...hole
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #28
Carolina2117

Carolina2117 has a little shameless behavior in the past

I don't know if you had the opportunity to listen to this stunningly beautiful version of "In My Time of Need" (rare), added on October 1,2017. I'll leave her here. Sorry if I didn't put it in the right place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7tvDNu2q-0

A lot of new stuff on youtube, some old Whiskeytown tracks, added a few days ago, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpAOtksiV8

Great, titles I didn't have
Carolina2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #29
soprano15104

soprano15104 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
saturday night feverblister
Quote:
hmm - not sure which session that might be - maybe the cowboy technical sessions?

heres what i know of the litt sessions:

On April 15th, 2002, after a hectic schedule of touring and recording, Ryan Adams and his current band - The Sweetheart Revolution went into a Nashville studio to lay down tracks for what would be their follow-up to Gold. The band recorded 19 songs with legendary producer - Scott Litt, under the working title of Saturday Night Feverblister. The recordings were rumored to be part of Ryan's long awaited box set of unreleased albums. Unfortunately nothing has been mentioned of it in years. One song titled "Suspicion" was released as a b-side on the "Wonderwall" single in 2004.

If the concerts in early 2002 were any indication of what these sessions sounded like, the group was headed towards a darker, more bluesy, and harder rocking set of songs. Below is a list of the new songs that were played live around this period, but have yet to show up on a studio album:

Baby Treat Me Right (Psalms)
Coma White
Come on Little Girl
Diamonds or Hearts
I'm Just Trying to Take You Home
Mix Tapes
Queen of the World
Shakin Blues
Shotgun
Trapped in the New World
Vampire
What's it to Ya?
Do You Want it?

http://mega-superior-gold.blogspot.c...cott-litt.html

if you find out more information on the litt sessions lemme know - curious - if he mentioned it on social media i wouldnt have seen it since im blocked
I must be thinking of another session. I could've sworn he mentioned way back around 2009/10 when he was posting on RAA asking people what's out there. This was when he was starting to figure out his archive. I thought in one of his post he said the Scott Litt sessions ended up being scrapped and he ended up recording the sessions himself after someone mentioning they would love to hear it. Haha i actually tried to find it in the wayback machine but had no luck. Oh well!
soprano15104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #30
soprano15104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk View Post
Black...hole
This and anything recorded during the JCN sessions. Would love to own a physical copy of Darkbreaker but that won't happen.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #31
sleigher

sleigher is a glorious beacon of lightsleigher is a glorious beacon of lightsleigher is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I must be thinking of another session. I could've sworn he mentioned way back around 2009/10 when he was posting on RAA asking people what's out there. This was when he was starting to figure out his archive. I thought in one of his post he said the Scott Litt sessions ended up being scrapped and he ended up recording the sessions himself after someone mentioning they would love to hear it. Haha i actually tried to find it in the wayback machine but had no luck. Oh well!
thats really interesting - thanks for sharing that - i mustve totally missed that

i agree that for some reason things are much harder to find these days - for instance i recently tried to find the photos of ryan when he had bright orange hair [specifically the one where he is holding a banjo] and its as though the internet has been swept clean of stuff from that era - must be in a cache somewhere that im not aware of
Old 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #32
sleigher

Quote:
Would love to own a physical copy of Darkbreaker but that won't happen.
agreed!

also - whatever sessions the blue canoe and darkness came from

had those and have no idea where they are now - loved them both!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #33
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Would there be any benefit to taking a year off from a major release? There's been a ton of releases since S/T came out. 89, 84, the prisoner box set, heartbreaker re-release, the 7" series, Rough Trade.
Don't forget the Carnegie Hall box set!

Yes, he has released a ton of stuff. I reckon he should go quiet for a while - definitely nothing in the first half of the year - drop Blackhole finally, or some other archive release later in the year - fills the gap before another LP proper probably in mid-late 2019.

Whatever he does, just not another solo acoustic album please - I love them, but we've had Live After Deaf, Carnegie Hall, and now Live at Rough Trade. They're all great but we probably don't really need any more. Next live album he does should really be a full band thing.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #34
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
Don't forget the Carnegie Hall box set!

Yes, he has released a ton of stuff. I reckon he should go quiet for a while - definitely nothing in the first half of the year - drop Blackhole finally, or some other archive release later in the year - fills the gap before another LP proper probably in mid-late 2019.

Whatever he does, just not another solo acoustic album please - I love them, but we've had Live After Deaf, Carnegie Hall, and now Live at Rough Trade. They're all great but we probably don't really need any more. Next live album he does should really be a full band thing.
I'm so tired of the solo acoustic live albums.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #35
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
If they released a live with the stringdusters album, i'd buy it
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #36
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
If they released a live with the stringdusters album, i'd buy it
I would absolutely purchase a mixed release of this: https://archive.org/details/ryanadams2016-07-24.aud

Do we know if he records audio of all of his shows? He obviously should be.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #37
soprano15104

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I would absolutely purchase a mixed release of this: https://archive.org/details/ryanadams2016-07-24.aud

Do we know if he records audio of all of his shows? He obviously should be.
Oh wow, I didn't know he played Trains recently! Such a great song.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #38
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato is a jewel in the roughbaptizedpotato is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
saturday night feverblister
ive been obsessed with the Scott Litt sessions for a long time. it was his first big studio session after Gold was released i think. i found some posts from back in the day where he talks about it. I dont think there's enough material for a whole album but apparently "there are some real gems on there...stuff you guys heard live". about the box set: "you will not get the scott litt sessions or the stockholm, but a few tracks as bonus stuff on the other records. some of
the Pinkhearts is gonha have the Scott Litt recordings because we finished up with him on that."
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #39
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptizedpotato View Post
ive been obsessed with the Scott Litt sessions for a long time. it was his first big studio session after Gold was released i think. i found some posts from back in the day where he talks about it. I dont think there's enough material for a whole album but apparently "there are some real gems on there...stuff you guys heard live". about the box set: "you will not get the scott litt sessions or the stockholm, but a few tracks as bonus stuff on the other records. some of the Pinkhearts is gonha have the Scott Litt recordings because we finished up with him on that."
thanks for finding those posts!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #40
soprano15104

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptizedpotato View Post
ive been obsessed with the Scott Litt sessions for a long time. it was his first big studio session after Gold was released i think. i found some posts from back in the day where he talks about it. I dont think there's enough material for a whole album but apparently "there are some real gems on there...stuff you guys heard live". about the box set: "you will not get the scott litt sessions or the stockholm, but a few tracks as bonus stuff on the other records. some of
the Pinkhearts is gonha have the Scott Litt recordings because we finished up with him on that."
Bingo. I knew I had some idea of what he said back in the day. haha i was kinda close.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #41
sleigher

Quote:
Bingo. I knew I had some idea of what he said back in the day. haha i was kinda close.
vindication!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:23 PM   #42
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
agreed. full band live would be nice for a change.
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #43
andyo812

andyo812 is just really niceandyo812 is just really nice

Iím hoping for a DVD/ live release of some type.

Someone posted this in RAA on fbook

Ryan will be touring later in the year.

I just finished listening to a podcast with Ryanís monitor engineer and she had the above to say. The podcast is Roadie Free Radio, episode with Lauren Crowley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #44
Carolina2117

I found this one while searching on youtube : "You're So Pretty, You're So Cool" (2002-04-10) :
https://youtu.be/as2ptn2l0Hs

I didn't know her and certain days, i spend hours and hours searching for the slightest title I wouldn't have! I will never tire of listening to him, i think.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #45
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina2117 View Post
I don't know if you had the opportunity to listen to this stunningly beautiful version of "In My Time of Need" (rare), added on October 1,2017. I'll leave her here. Sorry if I didn't put it in the right place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7tvDNu2q-0

A lot of new stuff on youtube, some old Whiskeytown tracks, added a few days ago, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpAOtksiV8

Great, titles I didn't have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina2117 View Post
I found this one while searching on youtube : "You're So Pretty, You're So Cool" (2002-04-10) :
https://youtu.be/as2ptn2l0Hs

I didn't know her and certain days, i spend hours and hours searching for the slightest title I wouldn't have! I will never tire of listening to him, i think.
these go here: http://www.tobeyoung.org/showthread.php?t=31297
Old 01-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #46
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
Iím hoping for a DVD/ live release of some type.
i really loved the short documentary that they did for butchs album afraid of ghosts

since the danny clinch documentary is apparently never being released - id love to see something like that for this next album
Old 01-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #47
Carolina2117

Quote:
ok, thanks
Old 01-11-2018, 08:56 PM   #48
andyo812

Quote:
i really loved the short documentary that they did for butchs album afraid of ghosts

since the danny clinch documentary is apparently never being released - id love to see something like that for this next album

Yes. They filmed a lot it seemed between the studio and red rocks and maybe even other venues. I think when the Shining dissolved it may have been shelved. I know people hate on the Shining but when they were on those were some great shows.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #49
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
Yes. They filmed a lot it seemed between the studio and red rocks and maybe even other venues. I think when the Shining dissolved it may have been shelved. I know people hate on the Shining but when they were on those were some great shows.
wait - clinch started working on a second documentary?

wow - i had no idea ... so that makes two that will probly never see the light of day
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #50
andyo812

I think it was that Noah Abrahms Guy. Just my theory, I donít think I saw much video but a lot of photos. I believe it was mentioned on here but I think red rocks had cameras strung up for one of the bigger shows.

Sponsored Links

Tags
chowder bags deflate.