TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Darkbreaker

Old 07-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Darkbreaker

Maybe everyone already knows this except me, but FYI, according to the alt-org, Ryan told a fan last night that the Darkbreaker songs featured on the upcoming box-set are actually the much fabled Elizabethtown sessions.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
bcart
Suburban gangster flow

bcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to all
Re: Darkbreaker

COOL!
bcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

booya.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I got the impression from the Harp article that this box is like a larger version of Demolition.

I hope its not.

I hope albums are kept together in their entirety.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I got the impression from the Harp article that this box is like a larger version of Demolition.

I hope its not.

I hope albums are kept together in their entirety.
I think I remember reading there's going to be a disk or two of rarities/random unreleased stuff and then the other disks are the albums like Suicide Handbook and Darkbreaker in their intended order.
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
hold on magnolia

hold on magnolia has a spectacular aura abouthold on magnolia has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Maybe everyone already knows this except me, but FYI, according to the alt-org, Ryan told a fan last night that the Darkbreaker songs featured on the upcoming box-set are actually the much fabled Elizabethtown sessions.
this is great news. i have wanted to hear these for awhile.
hold on magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
hold on magnolia

hold on magnolia has a spectacular aura abouthold on magnolia has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkortBrun View Post
I think I remember reading there's going to be a disk or two of rarities/random unreleased stuff and then the other disks are the albums like Suicide Handbook and Darkbreaker in their intended order.
the darjeeling limited looks quite good.
hold on magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
SkortBrun

SkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud ofSkortBrun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold on magnolia View Post
the darjeeling limited looks quite good.
I'm really looking forward to it.
SkortBrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

I'm liking the sound of this boxset - I just hope it actually gets a release.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #10
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I'm liking the sound of this boxset - I just hope it actually gets a release.
After all the talk, even from Ryan himself, they can't possibly not release it...can they?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #11
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

It's been done before, I believe.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #12
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkortBrun View Post
Thats cool. I hope it is that way.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #13
Tim Simmons

I think the box is happening this year.

Neil's box set and Ryan's. in the same year. Its a Christmas miracle.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #14
wookinpanub

wookinpanub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I think the box is happening this year.

Neil's box set and Ryan's. in the same year. Its a Christmas miracle.
"Its a Festivus miracle!"
wookinpanub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:51 AM   #15
taparoo
Turning your orbit around

taparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to behold

A pretty noobish question, but is there/was there a projected release date for the boxset?
taparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #16
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by taparoo View Post
A pretty noobish question, but is there/was there a projected release date for the boxset?
I don't believe there's been a date announced, no. Supposed to come at the end of the year, that's all I've heard at least.

last.fm
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #17
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

A little more info on the box set from the excellent I Am Fuel... blog:

Quote:
The box set of unreleased material is definitely happening, he tells me, and all next week they are working on finishing up the artwork. It's up to seven discs now, and he assures me that it's a lot of stuff that even us crazy fans have not heard. For instance, he said that the Suicide Handbook material that we have (and love) is leaked from the studio and only contains his acoustic guitar and vocals, but that we've never heard it as we soon will -- with a 16 piece string section, among other things. Also, I asked him if the lusted-after Elizabethtown Sessions will be included on there and he said he thought so, that that "album" is actually called Darkbreaker.
http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com/2007...cant-even.html
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:40 AM   #18
taparoo
Turning your orbit around

taparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to behold

Wow, can't wait. Thanks for the info
taparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #19
blueone

Nice find, C. Sounds ace.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:55 AM   #20
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
A little more info on the box set from the excellent I Am Fuel... blog:
OMG, 7 discs!!
Old 10-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #21
sleigher

sleigher is just really nicesleigher is just really nice

i love this album - been listening to it quite a bit this week
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:01 PM   #22
soprano15104

soprano15104 has a spectacular aura about

It's my favorite RA album. Wished it would get a proper release.
soprano15104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #23
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

raw, but it’s got some gems.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #24
Tim Simmons

A master and a legit release of it would be great. Its not up there with the '01-'03 sessions. but its great.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #25
baptizedpotato

baptizedpotato has a spectacular aura aboutbaptizedpotato has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by taparoo View Post
Wow, can't wait. Thanks for the info
me either, sounds great!
baptizedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links