TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #2676
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

This thread is a real shit show.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #2677
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
This isn't a slam dunk case, so I don't know why he'd hang his name on saying that Ryan will definitely be charged. My opinion is that, barring some major revelation, he won't be. There's too much uncertainty and grey areas.

Yes, same here.

If and when RA does get the green light from the FBI, the super fans will naturally claim total vindication for him. Perhaps they'll light a celebratory bonfire with all their strawmen.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #2678
rodstewartswig

rodstewartswig has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
Isnít that the definition of ďgroomingĒ though? Gaining her trust first and then turning it sexual in nature? That doesnít make it sound any better IMO.
That's actually not the definition of grooming. Grooming refers to establishing trust with someone underage with the intention of sexual contact *while they are underage*. What RA appears to have done is befriend someone of uncertain age, and then pursued a sexual relationship without fully vetting whether she was 18.

I don't mean to be pedantic about this, you're bending the meaning of 'grooming' in a way that makes him out to be a pedophile, which I think is a stretch (and in saying that I fully concede his behaviour was sleazy AF).
rodstewartswig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #2679
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Are you just realizing this Jack?
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:45 PM   #2680
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ha, yep.

I must say though, its been kind of illuminating for me. Being a female and a moderator on a male dominated board ( we used to have more women but they seem to have sadly drifted away over time), I thought I was pretty well versed in "guy stuff".

But the amount of open hostility that some posters here have demonstrated against women in this thread has made me rethink what I thought I knew.

I get that its an upsetting situation for emotionally invested fans, and god knows, the trauma from not getting a new album must be intense, etc. Some of the "they're all witches n bitches' crew are probably female themselves, I dunno.

Anyway, officially rambling now, so my point is that the level of misogyny amongst RA's fanbase has really surprised me. Shocked me, to be honest. So I've learnt something new from the whole thing.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #2681
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

On the upside, there's been a lot of posters who have been really supportive of the women involved. Or at least managed to argue a counter position without resorting to attacking the women involved. And I know the majority of those posters are male. So, its not all gloom for the girls.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:08 AM   #2682
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
On the upside, there's been a lot of posters who have been really supportive of the women involved. Or at least managed to argue a counter position without resorting to attacking the women involved. And I know the majority of those posters are male. So, its not all gloom for the girls.

Yep. We are not all scum, thank god. And I miss a lot of the old female posters. Iím glad you are still around Syd. Do you use Instagram? Iím friends with a few of the old board posters on that, like Hild and his dear wife.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:08 AM   #2683
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
Are you just realizing this Jack?

And you guys thought I was crazy. Hahahaha
Old 04-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #2684
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Yep. We are not all scum, thank god. And I miss a lot of the old female posters. Iím glad you are still around Syd. Do you use Instagram? Iím friends with a few of the old board posters on that, like Hild and his dear wife.
Thanks Jack I'm glad you stuck around too. And no, I don't do Instagram, but say hi to Hilde and Way for me when you can. They were lovely and I hope they're doing well.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #2685
A220
junior flapjack

A220 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappiness View Post
And what did he want from Mandy? What did he get from her? A marriage?
Disney dollars.
A220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:06 AM   #2686
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ha, yep.

I must say though, its been kind of illuminating for me. Being a female and a moderator on a male dominated board ( we used to have more women but they seem to have sadly drifted away over time), I thought I was pretty well versed in "guy stuff".

But the amount of open hostility that some posters here have demonstrated against women in this thread has made me rethink what I thought I knew.

I get that its an upsetting situation for emotionally invested fans, and god knows, the trauma from not getting a new album must be intense, etc. Some of the "they're all witches n bitches' crew are probably female themselves, I dunno.

Anyway, officially rambling now, so my point is that the level of misogyny amongst RA's fanbase has really surprised me. Shocked me, to be honest. So I've learnt something new from the whole thing.
me too. shocked and appalled.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #2687
holdon

holdon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
me too.
holdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #2688
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:42 AM   #2689
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

MUSICisMYpainkiller is my new fav troll amongst #thesomanyofus gang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #2690
thebalvenie

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

if we're talking about chef's....mario battali can go fuck himself. relieved after he's now given up his ownership in Eataly...so i can go there and support it.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #2691
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Guy needs to start a hashtag demanding the FBI drop RA and start investigating the true identity of SuqMadiq.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:24 PM   #2692
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guy needs to start a hashtag demanding the FBI drop RA and start investigating the true identity of SuqMadiq.
Oh man, that guy beat me to that choice internet handle.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:43 AM   #2693
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

https://rocknyc.live/what-happened-to-ryan-adams.html
Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #2694
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

some excellent journalism, lol.

The comments section is equally as great.

Ronald Belin makes an appearance.

andyo812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #2695
thebalvenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
some excellent journalism, lol.

The comments section is equally as great.

Ronald Belin makes an appearance.

hahaha yeah those comments.

my favorite one (paraphrasing) : "even if ryan actually did it...who cares?"
Old 05-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #2696
fr79

fr79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt we will ever hear the truth which is quite frustrating and by that Im not saying the allegations are or arent true I just dont think any of us will ever know exactly what ocurred. Career ended though.
fr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #2697
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr79 View Post
I doubt we will ever hear the truth which is quite frustrating and by that Im not saying the allegations are or arent true I just dont think any of us will ever know exactly what ocurred. Career ended though.
You think Ryan's career has ended? I don't.

Or am I misinterpreting this?
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #2698
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr79 View Post
should have ended it after 2006. jk sorta
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #2699
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

Not sure if this has been brought up before (I'm sure it has.)

But, uh.

Does the FBI like, ANNOUNCE that they're done with an investigation?
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #2700
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

They don't. They investigate. If they think they can prosecute, then they arrest (and we'll know then). If not, it gets dropped.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links