Despite the horrible news - Big Colors/Wednesdays/Album3/BlackHole Updates

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 03:23 AM   #26
millaa

millaa will become famous soon enough
Re: Despite the horrible news - Big Colors/Wednesdays/Album3/BlackHole Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Guys, he wrote a song about her and her hometown and then debuted it on local radio. To stick it to her. Guys. That’s super fucked.
I'm sure if we knew what all his songs are about we'd all be creeped out. We knew (or most would) he was a pr*ck and an a**hole as a person, so all this stuff is no surprise to me, apart from the mentoring young musicians and underage thing which is really f*cked up.

Essentially he's a teenager that's never grown up, man-child.

It's just too soon to really listen to new music at the moment because of what's been alleged because you'll be reading into the lyrics but I do want to hear the new albums. They will get released, I think the label are doing the right thing and pressing hold for the time being. Unless they have severed ties with him, which I doubt.

btw; have all the pre-orders been cancelled now? I got one from Amoeba but not Pax-Am.

Last edited by millaa; 02-16-2019 at 03:34 AM..
Old 02-16-2019, 03:33 AM   #27
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

I don't really mind that he writes songs about his fucked up relationships. Everyone draws inspiration from their own miserable lives. Anything he's done is in his songs and always was, whether consciously or otherwise. Things people have done to him are probably there too. It's all mixed up and that's art.

What is different is making strategic marketing decisions to debut songs on radio stations to fuck with people. Jesus Christ was that weird.

It's really strange that happened so close to when this story broke because I remember thinking that it was really over the line, even for him. And that's coming on the heels of him making a whole record in an attempt sleep with Taylor Swift, which also had me shaking my head. Even though the stuff in this article reaches back to before either incident, it almost feels like a logical progression of some public-facing deterioration.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #28
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't gotten a cancellation for Big Colors from Pax Am yet. I did just order the Carnegie Hall vinyl, I've wanted it forever. Fight me.
(Jk on the fight me part)
Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #29
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemasa View Post
Does it make you feel creepy that you

A. Know this information

and

B. Care about it?

He spewed all this bullshit on social media, nothing creepy about us as fans seeing it.

Whatís creepy is being a public figure with hundreds of thousands of followers and posting intimate details and insults about your ex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #30
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

Keep all eyes and ears to the grown regarding any leaks. I know they cannot be posted here being that they are copywritten, but really hope something turns up soon.

Im gonna take a wild guess and say we might get a big colors leak sometime in the early summer. Original release date was like April something ? I'm gonna guess maybe May or June, but you never know. Could drop somewhere earlier.

OR we may never get any of the 3 records ever at all. Thats also a somewhat likely scenario. Again these are all just hypotheticals.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #31
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty_fresh_uk View Post
It's kind of over for me.

I used to think he was writing this stuff from the heart because he 'went through stuff'.

Clearly he hasn't been through shit and it was his own abusive and dickish behaviour towards others that was somehow 'inspiring' theses songs. It all seems bogus now.
This is how I feel about the tunes...it was all bullshit; just another manipulation.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #32
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You guys still want to hear it? Even though itís gonna be about how he failed to manipulate his last girlfriend?
I do!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #33
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I do!
I'd be lying if i said i will not listen to it should it ever release/leak/whatever.

I've got a strange feeling inside a lot of ex fans/news fans who are sickened by what he did (as I am as well), will listen to it, but would never admit it.

nonetheless still excited to fantasize that it will one day leak.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #34
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

wonder if Ryan would leak it himself out of spite
Old 02-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #35
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk View Post
wonder if Ryan would leak it himself out of spite
Wouldnít be surprised.

I also kind of wondered if someday he might try to release it himself straight outta paxam. But Iím sure heís got contracts in place that prevent it now. Also not sure if blue note always oversaw everything that came out of paxam and he never actually put anything out solely on his own? I remember reading somewhere that blue note oversees paxam.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #36
delvis

delvis is on a distinguished road

Wonder what Don Was thinks of all this?
Old 02-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #37
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

He's not gonna leak. He's gonna want all the money he can make going forward.

I'd expect him to release a ton of archive stuff too probably sooner than later in hope to bring fans back into the fold.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #38
BadMustard

BadMustard is a jewel in the roughBadMustard is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The whole 'album trilogy' thing was probably because he knew the shit was about to land and wanted to unload as much as possible quickly.

He must have known that once the truth came out it would be virtually impossible for him to make money in the same was he's been doing so far. He was cashing in his chips.

I'm not buying anothing thing from him, I'm sad to say.
Thought the same thing.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:34 PM   #39
BigColors

Ya I highly doubt he'll leak anything himself. I suspect if anyone leaks it I think would be one of the few media outlets who were able to spin it early. I can also see it never leaking or seeing the light of day. Archived and throw away the key so to speak.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #40
ViolaGal

ViolaGal is a jewel in the roughViolaGal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I'd expect him to release a ton of archive stuff too probably sooner than later in hope to bring fans back into the fold.
That's my speculation as well. He should wait a good long while, then when he wants to stick a toe in the water release Black Hole.

Eta: but I'm done going forward. I won't buy anything, and I won't download any leaks.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #41
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Man, finally releasing Blackhole digitally on his website to pay his massive legal bills would sure be a kicker to the whole Blackhole saga. Little bit of gallows humor had me chortle at the thought.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #42
miked331

miked331 will become famous soon enough

The only way we ever hear BC, Wednesdays or anything else is through leaks. Ryanís career is done. D O N E Done.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #43
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked331 View Post
The only way we ever hear BC, Wednesdays or anything else is through leaks. Ryanís career is done. D O N E Done.
Thats exactly what I am thinking. I feel like people can/will leak BC + maybe wednesdays. Album 3 and blackhole might be locked in the RA vault.

Hopefully there are people on getting those records leaked as a big FU
Old 02-16-2019, 10:13 PM   #44
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
Thats exactly what I am thinking. I feel like people can/will leak BC + maybe wednesdays. Album 3 and blackhole might be locked in the RA vault.

Hopefully there are people on getting those records leaked as a big FU
I'd be more disappointed to not hear the older stuff than BC. Didn't hear anything that made me interested to hear it.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:16 PM   #45
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
I'd be more disappointed to not hear the older stuff than BC. Didn't hear anything that made me interested to hear it.
Oh belieeeeeeve me.

Im on the blackhole train!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #46
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The whole 'album trilogy' thing was probably because he knew the shit was about to land and wanted to unload as much as possible quickly.

He must have known that once the truth came out it would be virtually impossible for him to make money in the same was he's been doing so far. He was cashing in his chips.

I'm not buying anothing thing from him, I'm sad to say.
I kind of think the article came out early because of the 3 album release.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #47
SonofabitchVanOwen

To me, in retrospect, Ryan's tweets or instagram posts or whatever the fuck they were stating something to the effect of "I'm going to have a huge blow out tour and then going away and you might never get anything again" had to have come when he was either aware of, or highly suspicious of, this article coming out.

I figured at the time that he was just exhausted from his relapse last year and wanted time to get better and thought "oh, that's oddly healthy!" But, looking back, you have to assume he wanted to get one big tour in, make lots of money, then vanish in hopes that either this would somehow go away if he were out of the public eye OR that he could more capably handle it when he was out by himself on a farm. The unprecedented dump of new material (each with forty two vinyl variants) also felt like an inexplicable money grab at the time and now feels like a very explicable money grab.

I assumed all three new albums would blow, so I'm not really that upset that I don't get to hear them. But I WAS looking forward to the tour, whatever it was supposed to be. Ultimately, I think I could still hear new music and enjoy it if it was good. But I don't really think I feel like ponying up 100 bucks for tickets and heading on out to the ol' Ryan Adams live show at this point. That experience has kind of lost its luster.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #48
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofabitchVanOwen View Post
To me, in retrospect, Ryan's tweets or instagram posts or whatever the fuck they were stating something to the effect of "I'm going to have a huge blow out tour and then going away and you might never get anything again" had to have come when he was either aware of, or highly suspicious of, this article coming out.

I figured at the time that he was just exhausted from his relapse last year and wanted time to get better and thought "oh, that's oddly healthy!" But, looking back, you have to assume he wanted to get one big tour in, make lots of money, then vanish in hopes that either this would somehow go away if he were out of the public eye OR that he could more capably handle it when he was out by himself on a farm. The unprecedented dump of new material (each with forty two vinyl variants) also felt like an inexplicable money grab at the time and now feels like a very explicable money grab.

I assumed all three new albums would blow, so I'm not really that upset that I don't get to hear them. But I WAS looking forward to the tour, whatever it was supposed to be. Ultimately, I think I could still hear new music and enjoy it if it was good. But I don't really think I feel like ponying up 100 bucks for tickets and heading on out to the ol' Ryan Adams live show at this point. That experience has kind of lost its luster.
I think you're right on the money with his original "I'm fucked" intention.

On a different note I feel like there are some pro leakers out there who are potentially reading these threads, and are on o something. One can only hope.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #49
SonofabitchVanOwen

I also just want to say that I always found it really creepy when he started putting arcade machines and shit on stage with him. Like, I found it deeply unsettling.

I'm a pretty enormous nerd for certain things and have a number of the same interests as Ryan, but his need to be so in your face about being a harmless, silly, boy-man when he was in his mid forties had really started to weird me out. Like, like what you like, but it felt like he was trying to paint a picture of himself that was an amplification of harmlessness and immaturity. Like he wasn't willing to hold himself to the standards of being an adult and was visually encouraging his audience to view him through that same set of perceptions and standards.

I swear, it both creeped me out and annoyed me at the time. In retrospect, knowing that he was sending pictures of his dick to 14year olds, it kind of makes my skin crawl.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #50
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if that one dude who bought all those Bug music/Publishing comps would rip and dump them online. Or that dude that had those JCN tracks on archive.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread