TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Despite the horrible news - Big Colors/Wednesdays/Album3/BlackHole Updates

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #51
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Despite the horrible news - Big Colors/Wednesdays/Album3/BlackHole Updates

yeah i get what you're saying
the stage set was pretty immature
i remember my wife saying- wow..pinball machines and a stuffed tiger?
somehow indicator of how stuck in time the dude was/is
Old 02-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #52
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofabitchVanOwen View Post

I'm a pretty enormous nerd for certain things and have a number of the same interests as Ryan, but his need to be so in your face about being a harmless, silly, boy-man when he was in his mid forties had really started to weird me out. Like, like what you like, but it felt like he was trying to paint a picture of himself that was an amplification of harmlessness and immaturity. Like he wasn't willing to hold himself to the standards of being an adult and was visually encouraging his audience to view him through that same set of perceptions and standards.

Man. I never considered this. This is an awesome point.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:15 PM   #53
wednesdays

wednesdays is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I also just want to say that I always found it really creepy when he started putting arcade machines and shit on stage with him. Like, I found it deeply unsettling.

I'm a pretty enormous nerd for certain things and have a number of the same interests as Ryan, but his need to be so in your face about being a harmless, silly, boy-man when he was in his mid forties had really started to weird me out. Like, like what you like, but it felt like he was trying to paint a picture of himself that was an amplification of harmlessness and immaturity. Like he wasn't willing to hold himself to the standards of being an adult and was visually encouraging his audience to view him through that same set of perceptions and standards.

I swear, it both creeped me out and annoyed me at the time. In retrospect, knowing that he was sending pictures of his dick to 14year olds, it kind of makes my skin crawl.
Actually none of us know that. Unless you are with the FBI? This is so annoying now that everyone is going back and analyzing every freaking thing he ever did.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #54
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

We know he sent dick pics to a teenager. I suppose you could argue that we don't know that he knew that she was a teenager, but we absolutely know pictures were sent and that they were of his dick and that she was in her teens.

And, as I said, I was creeped out by this when it was happening. It's not just a retroactive thing.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #55
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Super interesting points in retrospect re: stage set up and how he seemed to force his youthful interests.

Itd be interesting to hear a psychological diagnosis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2019, 01:39 PM   #56
folkjam

folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Wonder if that one dude who bought all those Bug music/Publishing comps would rip and dump them online. Or that dude that had those JCN tracks on archive.
Nah, Jack is still the bigger villian to that guy.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #57
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I also just want to say that I always found it really creepy when he started putting arcade machines and shit on stage with him. Like, I found it deeply unsettling.

I swear, it both creeped me out and annoyed me at the time. In retrospect, knowing that he was sending pictures of his dick to 14year olds, it kind of makes my skin crawl.
That seems a little far fetch.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #58
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We know he sent dick pics to a teenager. I suppose you could argue that we don't know that he knew that she was a teenager, but we absolutely know pictures were sent and that they were of his dick and that she was in her teens.

And, as I said, I was creeped out by this when it was happening. It's not just a retroactive thing.
I do not recall reading he sent dick pictures. All I read is that he was naked when they did skype.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #59
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Nah, Jack is still the bigger villian to that guy.
I'll never forgive myself that.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #60
millaa

millaa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Man. I never considered this. This is an awesome point.
Yes. I can't remember who said it, but I remember reading an article where they had a theory that people stay the same age mentally when they become famous or entered into the media. Jackson, being an obvious one was essentially mentally a child. How old was Ryan, 17/18?

Obviously, the dysfunctional upbringing has had something to do with the way he is and towards women.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #61
SweetBlackMagic
People seem to hate me...

SweetBlackMagic is on a distinguished road

I still want to hear them...I've learned to separate art from the artist. Like many others have said, we've known for awhile he was at best a jerk to people close to him...male and female. But this still felt like a gut punch to me...he almost seemed asexual to me in a way...I can't really explain it. Rock stars and their sex lives are almost always fucked up...the only absolute "last straw" for me would be something illegal like rape or involvement with minors. So until that is cleared up, I can enjoy the art...although not as much I used to probably.

People love comeback stories...if he can get his shit together and TRULY be a better person, he can overcome this. Again...this is assuming nothing illegal happened. And honestly, I'm not sure he's ready to do the work it would take at this point. People like him are usually only sorry they got caught rather than for their actions.

Last edited by SweetBlackMagic; 02-17-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Old 02-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #62
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough

I really didn't want this thread to become a debate about what his original intentions were, or whether or not his arcade collection on stage made/makes him a perv.

This thread was only intended to discuss any word circulating the new materials down the line (such as word on leaks, release predictions, and the unreleased records for anyone who still cares to hear them).

Pointless DRA debates are on that other thread.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #63
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBlackMagic View Post
I still want to hear them...I've learned to separate art from the artist. Like many others have said, we've known for awhile he was at best a jerk to people close to him...male and female. But this still felt like a gut punch to me...he almost seemed asexual to me in a way...I can't really explain it. Rock stars and their sex lives are almost always fucked up...the only absolute "last straw" for me would be something illegal like rape or involvement with minors. So until that is cleared up, I can enjoy the art...although not as much I used to probably.

People love comeback stories...if he can get his shit together and TRULY be a better person, he can overcome this. Again...this is assuming nothing illegal happened. And honestly, I'm not sure he's ready to do the work it would take at this point. People like him are usually only sorry they got caught rather than for their actions.
Preach brother
Old 02-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #64
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
I really didn't want this thread to become a debate about what his original intentions were, or whether or not his arcade collection on stage made/makes him a perv.

This thread was only intended to discuss any word circulating the new materials down the line (such as word on leaks, release predictions, and the unreleased records for anyone who still cares to hear them).

Pointless DRA debates are on that other thread.
Thank you!!!
Old 02-18-2019, 12:33 AM   #65
goldrush

goldrush is on a distinguished road

There is a certain kind of morbid curiosity for hearing the new records. If they leaked there is a chance I might download them, but I'd only listen if and when I'm ready to play any of his stuff again
Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #66
BigColors

Yeah thats a big IF they leak. Earlier i was feeling more confident that they will leak, now my hopes are diminishing for some weird reason.

I feel like we will won't hear from DRA in a long long time, with no new music as well.

The only people that would leak it are the folks who got to hear it early, close friends. Those are the only people i see leaking it early out of spite. It's a stretch that some angry anonymous hacker is gonna grab it and leak it ahah
Old 02-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #67
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigColors View Post
Yeah thats a big IF they leak. Earlier i was feeling more confident that they will leak, now my hopes are diminishing for some weird reason.

I feel like we will won't hear from DRA in a long long time, with no new music as well.

The only people that would leak it are the folks who got to hear it early, close friends. Those are the only people i see leaking it early out of spite. It's a stretch that some angry anonymous hacker is gonna grab it and leak it ahah
Ryan has close friends?
Old 02-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #68
SonofabitchVanOwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
Ryan has close friends?
He did before he was still able to make them money.

Last edited by SonofabitchVanOwen; 02-18-2019 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #69
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
He did before he could stop making them money.
Doubtful,also if by some off chance someone managed to have these unreleased albums, why would they release it out of spite? So people who think ryan can do no wrong can be satisfied?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:08 PM   #70
SonofabitchVanOwen

Quote:
Doubtful,also if by some off chance someone managed to have these unreleased albums, why would they release it out of spite? So people who think ryan can do no wrong can be satisfied?
I don't think the albums will ever leak. Maybe Big Colors. But I don't think someone else is sitting on a vault.

Either way, Ryan definitely did have plenty of people were willing to pal around with him while he was able to keep them connected and paid. Pretty obvious no one really cared about him, since one would think some of these condemnations would AT LEAST come with a statement about hoping he gets help, etc.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #71
folkjam

folkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of lightfolkjam is a glorious beacon of light

Todd did exactly that.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #72
BigColors

We shall find out.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #73
seatakestheship

seatakestheship is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Leaked album = lost revenue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #74
folkjam

Unless the FBI helps Rob leak these albums, I don't really care. And it's really skeezy to try to think of how a guy preying on women can work to our benefit.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #75
BigColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Unless the FBI helps Rob leak these albums, I don't really care. And it's really skeezy to try to think of how a guy preying on women can work to our benefit.
If you don't care why are you commenting on this telling everyone you don't care?

Again this thread wasn't meant for any debates or all of that noise. This was simply for the folks who are still wanting to hear his new records and looking for updates on them. The folks that separate the art from the character.

There are plenty of threads on here though where you can banter about fundamentals/what's right & wrong/subjective vs objectively speaking bla bla bla bla.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread