TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

### Fleet Foxes Thread ###

Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
### Fleet Foxes Thread ###

New song "Blue Spotted Tail" was played on BBC.

Download here: http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/...On%20BBC6).mp3
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold
Re: ### Fleet Foxes Thread ###

I them, thanks roberto.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
New song "Blue Spotted Tail" was played on BBC.

Download here: http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/...On%20BBC6).mp3
Thanks Rob!

last.fm
foggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

100% meh.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

they have bad hair
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

they're probably my favourite band right now, such beautiful harmonies and lovely lyrics littered with placenames.. my favourite type of songwriting! their glastonbury set was amazing last night.
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
southern
Overwhelming Anticipation

southern will become famous soon enough

Rob- I really do not know these guys. I've heard the name but that's it. Who do they compare to?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

i heard their single and found it a bit boring, if i didn't like that, is it worth listening to the rest?
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris wheel junkie View Post
i heard their single and found it a bit boring, if i didn't like that, is it worth listening to the rest?
It's probably the same one I've heard - I've seen the video (it's a sort of stop-motion one) and it didn't do a lot for me. I had thought about giving them a listen before but after hearing that song I haven't really bothered. Maybe I'm still missing out though. Some things do take a while to reveal themselves.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

J Tillman is leaving the band

Quote:
Farewell Fleet Fans and Friends. Back into the gaping maw of obscurity I go. Tokyo is my last show with the Foxes. Sorry if I was distant and obtuse if we ever met. Have fun.
http://fatherjohnmisty.tumblr.com/po...-back-into-the
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

"leave your beard in the locker room before you leave."

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt????????????????
Old 01-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
"leave your beard in the locker room before you leave."
Old 01-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

This has prompted to listen to Cancer and Delirium for the first time in yonks.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like another spinoff project is happening:

Quote:
Fleet Foxes drummer J. Tillman announced that he's leaving the group via Tumblr yesterday, stating his intention to go "back into the gaping maw of obscurity" after the band's show Friday night in Tokyo. Tillman already has a busy solo career, with three albums on the Western Vinyl label to his name. Two other members of Fleet Foxes, Christian Wargo and Casey Wescott, are also stepping out of the band, though not permanently and only for the new side project Poor Moon. The group will release an EP, Illusion, on Sub Pop March 27. (Download a song here.) Check out Poor Moon tour dates below. [via Pitchfork]

3-20 La Jolla, CA - UCSD, The Loft *

3-22 Los Angeles, CA- The Echo *

3-23 San Francisco, CA - Bottom of The Hill *

3-24 Arcata, CA - Arcata Playhouse *

3-25 Portland, OR - Doug Fir Lounge *

3-27 Seattle, WA - Tractor Tavern *

3-28 Boise, ID - Neurolux *

3-29 Salt Lake City, UT - The State Room *

3-30 Denver, CO - Hi Dive *

3-31 Omaha, NE - Slowdown Jr. *

4-02 Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Centre *

4-03 Chicago, IL - Schubas *

4-04 Evanston, IL - Space *

4-05 Columbus, OH - Wexner Center *

4-06 Toronto, Ontario - The Drake Hotel *

4-07 Montreal, Quebec - Il Motore *

4-10 Portland, ME - Space *

4-11 New York, NY - Le Poisson Rouge *

4-13 Boston, MA - Museum of Fine Arts, Boston *

4-14 Washington, DC - Black Cat Backstage *

4-16 Cleveland, OH - Beachland Tavern

4-18 Milwaukee, WI - Cactus Club

4-20 Fargo, ND - The Aquarium
* with Lost in the Trees
http://www.avclub.com/articles/j-til...xes-mem,67957/
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #16
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

So some news, sorta.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...-bands-hiatus/

I loved what Tillman did with "Fear Fun." Definitely more exciting than his other solo work. One of my favorites of 2012. The follow up, produced again by Jonathan Wilson, will be out later this year.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #17
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Feel like the band is done.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

I don't know, I mean, I guess it depends on what the fleet foxes are. They've already gone through a few lineup changes. I think if robin/skyler are there it's the band. We'll see.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #19
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For anyone who’s curious, this is a short Fleet Foxes update – been a while! So, after the last round of touring, I decided to go back to school. I never got an undergraduate degree, and this felt like the right time to both see what that was about and to try something new after a while in the touring / recording lifestyle. I moved to New York and enrolled at Columbia, and I’ve mostly been doing that, but I’m working on songs and excited for whatever happens next musically, even if it’s down the line. Hope all is well out there.

Best,
Robin
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #20
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

I'm irrationally bummed out about this.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #21
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Never liked this band much anyways.

Tags
band, fleet foxes, music