TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Your Favourite Things Photo Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Your Favourite Things Photo Thread

A thread were you get to post a photo of something you own that is very special to you. It can be anything at all ......your cat, your favourite mug or the view out your window.

Here are two of mine....the Buddha on the left is from Bali and the other is from Cambodia. The Cambodian figure is particularly special to me because it was made by land-mine victims as part of a UNICEF employment program.

Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of
Re: Your Favourite Things Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
A thread were you get to post a photo of something you own that is very special to you. It can be anything at all ......your cat, your favourite mug or the view out your window.

Here are two of mine....the Buddha on the left is from Bali and the other is from Cambodia. The Cambodian figure is particularly special to me because it was made by land-mine victims as part of a UNICEF employment program.
Nice idea. Those are beautiful.

This is my cat, Tiger. She's about 17 years old and is my fat little baby.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

She's gorgeous...and such a nice photo.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

You asked for it: photos of my kitties.

Layla at Halloween

Layla looking so fuzzy

Hank in his new favorite chillin' spot -- a basket in my room

Hank loves snuggling me
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Serious beardage, Matt.

What type of cat is Layla? She has nice hair.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I think this was discussed a while back on here and we determined they both are Maine Coons. They both are pretty huge, but Layla's just massive. I'm trying to give her a complex so that she'll eat less.

The beardage is usually just a winter thing (I had it all year this year though), so it's coming off when it gets nice outside.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #7
scuba.steve

scuba.steve will become famous soon enough

Since everyone else posted some kitty pics, here's my cat Chelsea laying in front of the heater during the Winter. SPOILED! heheh. R.I.P. Chelsea-Cat!

scuba.steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

Sweet spot.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

Lauryn and Megan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meg and Lor b&w.JPG (489.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

This thread makes me miss having kitties. My damn land lord won't let me.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Your little girls are lovely, raisemyglass.

And one more from me...this is the flowering gum tree outside my front window. I never get tired of looking at it when it's in flower during summer.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
They haven't been lovely this evening.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #13
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyglass View Post
They haven't been lovely this evening.
Their cover has been blown now.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:

And one more from me...this is the flowering gum tree outside my front window. I never get tired of looking at it when it's in flower during summer.

I wish I had stuff like that out my window. All I had out my front window last summer was a big pile of dirt (they had to replace my water line in the spring).
Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #15
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

Here's my favorite possession:

Old 02-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #16
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Let's have a couple of dogs. I have cats too but can't find the pictures right now. I think hildegoat's cats are Maine Coons. I'll take a pic of mine and post . Sorry the picture is so big - I can't make it smaller.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #17
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Aw that's a great pic, Rose. And Syd, the Buddha's are really beautiful. Lovely favorite things photos from everyone else too.

last.fm
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #18
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Here are mine.

Spoiler:

This is my basement. This is where I spend 99.9% of my time.

Spoiler:

This is my Guild acoustic. (Who else plays a Guild...)

Spoiler:

I made this one night three years ago when I was bored. I'm kinda proud of it.

Spoiler:

I love the birds that live in my backyard. I thought this one was appropriate to post.

Spoiler:

This here is Timmy. He's lazy, whiny, and a general chore of a cat. I love him anyway.

Spoiler:

And last but not least, Speekie. He's been my cat for 16 years, and I'm really fucking bummed that I have to leave him here next month when I go to school.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #19
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
Here are mine.
When I saw you had posted your favorite things, I knew there'd be a guitar in there! I didn't expect birds and kitties. How sweet! The art is interesting. Looks like abstract album art to me.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #20
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

This is my Maine Coon - probably going to be huge picture again.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #21
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

It was kind of supposed to be album art.
If I ever get around to finishing an actual album, that's gonna be the cover.

And Rose, that cat looks awesome.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #22
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Speekie is gorgeous. He has a poorly eye. It's aweful that you have to leave him. You could never tell you were a musician. Love the basement room. We dont' have basements over here.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #23
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Yeah, the cat has some weird cataract thing, i think.
The pupil is really big and it used to be pretty gross and eww.
But it got better, it doesnt seem to cause him any pain, and I think he can see out of it.
I tested this theory with a piece of string (he's not aware he's 16 and still acts like a kitten whenever there's string around), and he was able to get it when I swung it at that side of his head.
Scientific, I know.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #24
Blindtiger

I don't have a great shot of our kitty all by herself. She happens to be in shots of the kids sometimes. She's really great with the kids.

Here she is helping Lars learn his letters a few years ago...

Spoiler:

And here she is protecting Erik from sitting directly on the deck last spring...

Spoiler:

Old 02-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Baha!
THat second one is great!

Also, good choice on the name "Erik". With the "k", even.
Sponsored Links